Who claimed Totse.info is getting more popular/traffic?

ZarniwoopZarniwoop Acolyte
edited October 2010 in Spurious Generalities
Cos it isn't.

Back when this first became popular, it had a lot more traffic than it does now.

4 members online and 9 guests. Shocking. Zoklet has 38 and 199.

Even after Zok called his population stupid, more people choose to go there.

You guys need to find an effective way to get more members, or this place is guna be so boring everyone just goes back to Zoklet. Which is kinda what has happened anyway.

Comments

• edited October 2010
    Alright, no problem. Why do you care anyway?
  • ZarniwoopZarniwoop Acolyte
    edited October 2010
    Cos Zoklet sucks but ultimately I'm guna go where most people are. Sucky adminship or not.

This place has potential, I fear you're just not guna use it and never will.
  • edited October 2010
    Alright, I understand your point of view but how do you suggest we make this happen?
  • Professor ElmProfessor Elm Regular
    edited October 2010
    Gandalf Hitler!
  • edited October 2010
    We should be moving to a new host soon. I'm not sure what's stopping us right now though...
  • CloverClover Acolyte
    edited October 2010
    Totally agree with you zarni, this place needs to do something and fast or it will probably die, and it would be a great place filled with tons of potential. Hope it lives up to it, I know I'll do my part.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited October 2010
    This place hasn't even been popular for 3 months. 3 months. I'm giving it time.
  • CloverClover Acolyte
    edited October 2010
    fanglekai wrote: »
    This place hasn't even been popular for 3 months. 3 months. I'm giving it time.

If we had a new host, the side bar and tables and bull shit were fixed, the links were fixed I GUARNTEE this place would be hoppin. But as it stands right now it needs so much work, WTF have you guys been doin!?!? That's not important, shit needs to get done now, that's most people's bitches 'you fix this here and that there and it was quicker I'd come'.
    edited October 2010
    I've added content. I can't do shit with websites, so I'm no use there.
    edited October 2010
    Clover wrote: »
    If we had a new host, the side bar and tables and bull shit were fixed, the links were fixed I GUARNTEE this place would be hoppin. But as it stands right now it needs so much work, WTF have you guys been doin!?!? That's not important, shit needs to get done now, that's most people's bitches 'you fix this here and that there and it was quicker I'd come'.

This site has progressed SO unbelievably little since I first came here.

If anything more things have been taken away/broken/been made worse.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited October 2010
    Zarniwoop wrote: »
    This site has progressed SO unbelievably little since I first came here.

Can you list those things please?

I would like to see the list.

You guys should know it didn't really help when users came here and vowed to help and when we had the platform ready everyone just left. And now we're back again. And samething will happen. BUT it's not like we're trying out best to get you guys to stick.

Also, OP, tell us what we should do about this traffic problem.

Btw I am waiting for Hellish to come online so I can give clover the required files he needs access too.

When it comes to stability, we had to remove certain features just to prevent some this site from becoming more slow. We're moving to another new host soon.
    edited October 2010
    Dfg wrote: »
    Can you list those things please?

User CP still not fixed, threads show up even when no new posts have been made.

The aforementioned drop down list.

Even less traffic than before.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited October 2010
    User CP still not fixed, threads show up even when no new posts have been made.

The aforementioned drop down list.

Even less traffic than before.

We didn't have a dedicated coder who would help us out. Clover is back and he willing to help. He already given access to other parts. Right now I am waiting for Hellish to give him files. If you're referring to the website layout, we did what we could. Again, I manage the forums not the website. I don't have access to website source code. I can only manage forum.

The drop down and other features were removed because our host couldn't handle the extra load. They will be back once we get a better host. It will be after Oct 8 2010.

Nope, we have steady supply of traffic. The recent downtime and site defacing forced us to take a step back and fix the issue. Once clover checks the code and we get some pen testing done, we will start linking Totse again. We already have a group on Reddit and other minor projects are under way.

We're just taking a minor break until we switch to new hosting. It seems this host can't handle large amount of traffic. The last time we got a hit on Reddit, Totse went down. We just can't afford that kind of down time :).

If you want more information, check forum log and you will see what changes I made. [Help and Suggestion]. We were working on Joomla when we got hacked. We had to remove it and work on a workaround.
  • CloverClover Acolyte
    edited October 2010

For sure lol! It's like a developer came in to fix it, broke it then said 'Ahhh fuck it I donno what the hell I'm doing...okay bye then' kinda made me lol hard, but no problems because I know what I'm doing. We'll get all the security holes fixed, tables fixed, everything FIXED. It might take a minute, come sometime November I know we'll be rockin.
  • CloverClover Acolyte
    edited October 2010
    -SpectraL wrote: »
    Actually, I joined Zoklet in 2007, and this newer version of Zoklet was updated in 2006, so that makes it at least five years they've been up in this current version.

Well I know that zoklet was drupal I believe, and a piece of shit at that. But you're right, I think they may have had a vbulletin too...not quite sure on that one, but you're right zoklet has sucked for way longer than just 2 years.
    edited October 2010
    Zoklet had an automatic 2-3000 users from Totse's closing. We did not, so we started out like every other forum in the world with a few members. For 3 or 4 months, we have much more users than many other young forums. Also keep in mind that Zoklet has been around for almost 2 years now.

You only have more "members" because of the forced new accounts if you want to change your screen name.

As I say, 4 online members to Zoklets 38. That's poor. When I was first here it was about 50% of Zoklet. Now it's barely 10%

Also you spammed the fuck out of zoklet and many other places and yet you still have very few active members. You had about half the population of Zoklet willing to listen, and you didn't capitalise on it.
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited October 2010
    You did when you registered and posted.:rolleyes:
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited October 2010
    bornkiller wrote: »
    You did when you registered and posted.:rolleyes:

^This is actually true.

Reject we're not babies here. You came to Totse.info crying VIVA LA TOTSE and then ran off to Zoklet and never looked back and now you're back saying hey Totse didn't do shit?

I hate people who commit to something and then run off.
  • ILTST9ILTST9 Regular
    edited October 2010
    -SpectraL wrote: »
    Here's the biggest problem... trust. People feel "safe" knowing they have a site that is going to be up when they go to log in, that it will not lag overly much, and that their posts are going to stick. Not that Hellish and Dfg haven't been trying their damnedest to keep this place alive and kickin'... don't get me wrong, I have MAD respect for them and all they have done... but if a site goes down more than a few times in a couple of months people start to lose trust BIG TIME. The biggest thing Zoklet has going for it is it's up all the time, and if it is down it's never down for more than an hour or two... if that. Give this place some time to become stable, and allow it time to develop the same level of "trust"... and you will have the same advantage Zoklet does.

I can't say I trust Zoklet any more than I trust Totse after everybody lost 2 weeks of posts. This site initially spiked in activity before undergoing a significant decrease, but I think it's on the up again.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited October 2010
    ILTST9 wrote: »
    I can't say I trust Zoklet any more than I trust Totse after everybody lost 2 weeks of posts. This site initially spiked in activity before undergoing a significant decrease, but I think it's on the up again.

It will be if people actually decide to stick around this time.
    edited October 2010
    Doh!:facepalm: One more post "Zarniwoop" and you would've made Acolyte.
    edited October 2010
    Dfg wrote: »
    ^This is actually true.

Reject we're not babies here. You came to Totse.info crying VIVA LA TOTSE and then ran off to Zoklet and never looked back and now you're back saying hey Totse didn't do shit?

I hate people who commit to something and then run off.

Promises were made, and those were broken. I was promised a whole decent forum, with great new members, buzzing like the old totse. What it really was is a forum with about 7 active members just with the totse skin slapped on.

I'm no fool, Zoklet might be shit, but to date it's still miles ahead of here. And frankly I don't think you're ever going to make up the ground. If this place becomes better than Zoklet, it's more due to Zoklets demise than this places rise.

Prove me wrong.
  • edited October 2010
    ILTST9 wrote: »

No doubt about it. Check the Alexa trends, and hang around on the forum enough and you'll notice the gradual increase in activity. It's not much, but its a start.
  • CloverClover Acolyte
    edited October 2010
    Promises were made, and those were broken. I was promised a whole decent forum, with great new members, buzzing like the old totse. What it really was is a forum with about 7 active members just with the totse skin slapped on.

I'm no fool, Zoklet might be shit, but to date it's still miles ahead of here. And frankly I don't think you're ever going to make up the ground. If this place becomes better than Zoklet, it's more due to Zoklets demise than this places rise.

Prove me wrong.

Don't worry, the talent has arrived to make it happen. And zoklet doesn't have to come to a demise for this place to work, we'll just have to get an entirely new user base. Most people at zoklet (BUT NOT YOU :rolleyes:) are just faggots. Whiney bitch ass faggots at that.
  • MantikoreMantikore Regular
    edited October 2010
    its slowly growing.
    edited October 2010

Prove me wrong.

We're not reaching that state of demise therefore does that make us better?
    The reason zoklet is reaching that point is because of the internal bitching
    that's going on there.
    Zoklet needs to stop the internal verbal shit fest and pull it's shit together.
    Or the house of cards will fold.
    There are good members there which makes it hard to shit on the zoklet
    community.
    Prove you wrong?
    Stick around and see.;)
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited October 2010
    FYI, since when do Anonymous users matter? It could be 10,000 anonymous users and it means nothing. When you look at Totse vs Zoklet in active users online the gap isn't so wide. When you look at the gap from Totse pre-2009 Zoklet is just one hair on its ball sack.
    edited October 2010
    LSA King wrote: »
    FYI, since when do Anonymous users matter? It could be 10,000 anonymous users and it means nothing. When you look at Totse vs Zoklet in active users online the gap isn't so wide. When you look at the gap from Totse pre-2009 Zoklet is just one hair on its ball sack.

Yeah, because the old totse had hundreds if not thousands of people on at the same time. Zoklet having 38 members online is shitty. 38 fucking members???? That in and of itself is failure after 2 years and being handed 3000 totseans.

People here live all over the place and post at different times. Aside from that, the site logs people out who are inactive, so there aren't a bunch of people idling being counted as being online either.
    edited October 2010
    You're lame LOL!!!!!1!!!!1!!!1!!!!!!11!!!!!1!!!!!1!!1 :o:o:o:o:o:o
    edited October 2010
    QFT It would actually be better if Zoklet stayed open that way there would be a home for the fail trolls and shit posters that are still there, ruining the site.
    QFT! It does seem to have served its purpose in that sense. Therefore everything does have its place.:thumbsup::D
  • edited October 2010
    Hmmm, I was (way) offline from 2003 till 2010, so my first knowledge that totse.com was even dead came several years after the fact. At first I tried hip furums, good for drug stuff, but no fucking balls whatsoever, fucking hippies.
    Then, at the bottom of the wiki on totse.com there was totse.info so I came here. At first I was all "yaay totse's back", then I was all "booo, this place is bunk", eventually I decided to throw down here, because it is the conflict that makes a good site. If you want a love fest, go somewhere else.
    Did anyone else play "sim city1"? Sometimes you would do things that would make your population counter plummet, but if you played it good you could use the lack of people to improve things. Then it would build up again, and be better and more robust than before.
    I agree this site needs new members, but it also needs to let the chaff blow away in the wind. This is not a competition, it is a construction project, made with pieces that seldom fit.
    C/O
    "give me liberty, or give me a good fuck, not necessarily in that order"
    edited October 2010
    LSA King wrote: »

As I said before, totse.info used to be about 50% of Zoklets, now it's barely 10%. Not including the lurkers.

At least you guys have unwavering faith in this site, no matter how few of you post regularly.
    edited October 2010
    Lots of us post daily. Just because we don't have 1000 shitty threads every day doesn't mean the site sucks :confused:
  • edited October 2010
    This thread is really pissing me off. If this was your aim, good job OP :D
  • MantikoreMantikore Regular
    edited October 2010
    the thing i see as totse doing pretty well is the lack of traffic is bullshit forums like Bitch and Moan, and more in the other ones.
    edited October 2010
    Mantikore wrote: »
    the thing i see as totse doing pretty well is the lack of traffic is bullshit forums like Bitch and Moan, and more in the other ones.

PEEO is the most active forum on zoklet. I also like here that you can flame anyone and say whatever you want without getting banned.
    edited October 2010
    PEEO is the most active forum on zoklet. I also like here that you can flame anyone and say whatever you want without getting banned.

http://www.zoklet.net/bbs/showthread.php?t=138799 :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
    edited October 2010

I be IP banned so I had to find a proxy but that thread is why for right now the fact we dont have as many members as coklet dosnt bother me.
  • ILTST9ILTST9 Regular
    edited October 2010
    I was really close to this girl, who is perfect for me when my current girlfriend came along... and me trying to be logical went for the safer choice. Since this perfect girl is emotionally... not stable...

Because perfect = Emotionally unstable. x3
  • da teachada teacha Regular
    edited October 2010
    There's no direction or purpose to this site. It'll never go anywhere.
  • SkittlesSkittles Regular
    edited October 2010
    Everything goes somewhere.
  • da teachada teacha Regular
    edited October 2010
    Skittles wrote: »
    Everything goes somewhere.

Nothing lasts, but nothing is lost, etc.

Fine to say if you're a philosophical hippy faggot. But if you're talking in a metaphorical sense, referring to the success of the site, my statement still stands true.

So in short, stfu.
    edited October 2010
    da teacha wrote: »
    There's no direction or purpose to this site. It'll never go anywhere.

It's a web forum, not a company :facepalm:
    edited October 2010
    It's a web forum, not a company :facepalm:

zoklet was a company according to zok:o
    edited October 2010
    zoklet was a company according to zok:o

Maibee he shud declair bankrupsee! LOL!!1!!!!!11!!!11!11!!1!1!!1! :o:o:o:o:o:o
  • edited October 2010
    Clover wrote: »

Out of curiosity, have you offered your services on this issue? I seem to remember you saying you had tech skills...? I also fully agree that this place has to be fixed and STABLE before it's going to get off the ground, the sooner that gets done the better because people are loosing in interest. I recently put the link in my location section on zoklet, and I support this place 100%, but since things have been broken and the site keeps going down I haven't been very motivated to contribute...

Dfg... you should PM me soon.
  • edited October 2010
    I personally like smaller communities better... the posts generally seem to have more depth. popularity always seems to kill shit if you ask me.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited October 2010
    Out of curiosity, have you offered your services on this issue? I seem to remember you saying you had tech skills...? I also fully agree that this place has to be fixed and STABLE before it's going to get off the ground, the sooner that gets done the better because people are loosing in interest. I recently put the link in my location section on zoklet, and I support this place 100%, but since things have been broken and the site keeps going down I haven't been very motivated to contribute...

Dfg... you should PM me soon.

He was given access few days ago :).
  • Viper2002Viper2002 Acolyte
    edited October 2010
    I personally like smaller communities better... the posts generally seem to have more depth. popularity always seems to kill shit if you ask me.

I agree with that to an extent, I started on totse back in 2002, and after about two years I was a moderator on the web forum, knew all the main posters, and looked forward to chatting with them. But as totse became more, and more popular the quality of the posts fell massively. In the end, one day I was that fed up I just stopped coming on. Got quite a lot of emails like where are are? Wtf? and that sort of thing, but I just didn’t want to be part of what totse had become anymore. I am only on here now because it’s a fresh start for a site that was once great, in my eyes became nothing, and is now starting a clean slate and could be great again. I think that’s why Jeff closed totse, what it was at the end in my eyes anyway wasent worth keeping going.

I think totes could be a great site to post at again, and it’s the people who are posting on here now who will make that happen.