Anyone been to Austria?

RemadERemadE Global Moderator
edited July 2010 in Life
Sup guise.
Long story short: Fell in love with a girl (cliche) and we kept in touch, fast forward some geat sex etc, she asked if I would stay with her for some of the Summer. I obliged and for 10 days in August I shall be staying just outside Graz.

Anyone had any experience of Austria? I've read guidebooks etc but they just aren't personal enough. Minus the obvious things I should and shouldn't do - is there anything you would reccommend?

Comments

• skyclaw441skyclaw441 Regular
    edited July 2010
    Fucking, Austria? (I had to.)
  • AnonymousAnonymous Regular
    edited July 2010
    Austria is pretty cool.

Just don't do something stupid there.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited July 2010
    Yeah I will be cutting my mohawk a bit and tempted to leave my red Doc Martens boots at home as I even get called a Nazi back here.

The girl is pretty cool thugh, and fucking cute. Here's a pic to get this thread going...stereotypical. I was gonna get a Lederhosen before I go just for shitzungiggles. I spent a while in Bavaia and know the culture quite well.

Intentional no IMG tags...please be respectful: http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/7923/22177128919656430316618.jpg

Her family will be looking after me, so I will have to behave a bit. Would be good to know where to score some weed there, but maybe a 10 day detox will do me good. I'll try not to do anything stupid :D
    Just having to carry all my Fortisip drinks (google it if you want more) is going to be a cunt. Ryanair are pricks, so having crates of medical drinks probably won't go down too well.

As for when I get there, we were thinking of visiting Vienna, Graz, her Uni city (can't recall the name), mountain ranges and maybe Italy to go to the beach...
    Any suggestions?
    edited July 2010
    skyclaw441 wrote: »
    Fucking, Austria? (I had to.)

ELABORATE, MOTHERFUCKER!

In short. Wut?
  • metameta Regular
    edited July 2010
    Congrats she's pretty cute. Ive never been to Austria but I have been to Germany. Try some of the Weinershcnizel (sp?) and of course drink a shit ton of beer.
    edited July 2010
    Cheers Meta :) for some reason I get on better with foreign people than Brits.
    I tend not to drink, but last time I was in Munich I went to the Hofbrauhaus and had a total of 6 litres of beer - and for someone that doesn't drink due to his Crohn's, I wasn't pissed at all. Mad! My bladder just felt like it would rupture by the time I walked back to my hotel.

I am a fan of the schnitzel though. Their food is tip top and fills you up. Good hearty food.
  • skyclaw441skyclaw441 Regular
    edited July 2010
    RemadE wrote: »
    ELABORATE, MOTHERFUCKER!

In short. Wut?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fucking,_Austria

Goddamn post losts.
    edited July 2010
    skyclaw441 wrote: »

Too right.
    I getcha anyway, dude :)