Opiate Withdrawals

zerozerozerozero Acolyte
edited July 2010 in Man Cave
Most of the people I know don't tend to get withdrawals from using opiates for only a couple days, a full weekend for example. I, on the other hand, always get horrible withdrawals even after just a weekend binge for example, and not even THAT much of a binge, maybe 30-40mg of Oxycodone a day. In fact, I've pretty much given up on opiates for the reason that being fucked up for a couple days doesn't justify the couple of days that I go through withdrawals, especially if I have to work.

Does anyone else here have similar tenancies?

I guess maybe it's kind of a trade-off. I never (and have never) gotten nauseous from opiates. One day I did take like 20+ 10/625 Hydrocodones, and I ended up turning pale as a ghost and projectile vomiting for like 10 minutes near the end of the night, but I figured maybe that was because of all the Tylenol.

Edit: It might be important to note that I used opiates consecutively for about a year. Up until I started doing that, I had never gotten withdrawals from intermittent use.

TL;DR: How long do you need to be consecutively doing opiates to go through a noticeable withdrawal.

Comments

• BodilYFluidSBodilYFluidS Regular
    edited July 2010
    never had any withdrawals thankfully.
  • fr0st_Bytefr0st_Byte Sumpin' c00L
    edited July 2010
    Godfrey wrote: »
    Most of the people I know don't tend to get withdrawals from using opiates for only a couple days, a full weekend for example. I, on the other hand, always get horrible withdrawals even after just a weekend binge for example, and not even THAT much of a binge, maybe 30-40mg of Oxycodone a day. In fact, I've pretty much given up on opiates for the reason that being fucked up for a couple days doesn't justify the couple of days that I go through withdrawals, especially if I have to work.

Does anyone else here have similar tenancies?

I guess maybe it's kind of a trade-off. I never (and have never) gotten nauseous from opiates. One day I did take like 20+ 10/625 Hydrocodones, and I ended up turning pale as a ghost and projectile vomiting for like 10 minutes near the end of the night, but I figured maybe that was because of all the Tylenol.

Edit: It might be important to note that I used opiates consecutively for about a year. Up until I started doing that, I had never gotten withdrawals from intermittent use.

TL;DR: How long do you need to be consecutively doing opiates to go through a noticeable withdrawal.

Even though you say you used opiates often for a year and had WD I am not sure you know what full WD's are. Forgive me if I am wrong about this though.

What I think you are having after your OC use for a few days is your body recooperating from the problems you put it through durning a binge.
  • Hitler's DadHitler's Dad Semo-Regulars
    edited July 2010
    Train your opiate receptors by taking 10mg of naltrexone per day.
  • zerozerozerozero Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    fr0st_Byte wrote: »
    Even though you say you used opiates often for a year and had WD I am not sure you know what full WD's are. Forgive me if I am wrong about this though.

What I think you are having after your OC use for a few days is your body recooperating from the problems you put it through durning a binge.

At the worst point of my actual withdrawals, I'd say it was a little better than having food poisoning (wasn't constantly throwing up and shitting), but worse than having the flu.

I guess IDK how extreme that is as far as WD's go, but it was pretty bad, I got fired from my previous job for having WD's on/off, as my work performance greatly suffered.
  • sAINTsAINT Regular
    edited July 2010
    It usually takes me awhile for w/ds to kick in, like 3 days after my last usage
  • FrYFrY Regular
    edited July 2010
    Back before I was a daily opiate user I never got withdraws, now I feel like utter shit when I run out.
  • FrYFrY Regular
    edited July 2010
    God my body hurts so bad right now.

I ran out but this is day 2 or 1 I dont remember I want to just trow in the towl and say fuck pill man this shit isent worth it.
  • edited July 2010
    Smoke some weed, you'll feel better.
  • MorningsideMorningside Regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm not sure that even counts as withdrawal. It takes more than a medium dose of oxy over the weekend to develop a dope habit....
    edited July 2010
    Of course it counts as withdrawal.

This weekend the same thing happened. I spent a large sum of my paycheck on oxy/pecocet and on Sunday at work I felt absolutely horrible, just like I did the previous Sunday at work under the same circumstances of doing large amounts of opiates for two days. I kept feeling an odd pain in my neck, depending on the position of my arms/way I was standing, kind of like something was grinding against something else to create a popping type of sensation, pins and needles also. Pinched nerve maybe? IDK. Also my entire body ached and was sore.

I only ever get that level of discomfort after binging on some opiates. I had done 75mg of Oxy on Friday (+some Ritalin) and I also did 70mg of percocet on Saturday evening (+Ritalin)/Sunday morning.
    edited July 2010
    FrY wrote: »
    God my body hurts so bad right now.

I ran out but this is day 2 or 1 I dont remember I want to just trow in the towl and say fuck pill man this shit isent worth it.

I hear ya. The moment I decided opiates weren't worth it was when I was on the toilet having the most painful shit of my life.
  • edited July 2010
    I've had a huge problem with heroin in the past and opiates are the hardest thing to quit. Suboxone really helps with the withdrawls but if you take the suboxone for too long you'll just start another habit like I did.
  • ilovechronicilovechronic Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    Train your opiate receptors by taking 10mg of naltrexone per day.

That is way too much for ULD naltrexone. Its an ultra low dose. it has been shown to help regulate tolerance.

I used to get w/d if I use 2 days in a row its minor w/d though. Once you have been dependant it is REALLY to get dependant again. Basically it just takes 2 days in a row.

With buprenorphine you are not "starting another habit" you just replace one opioid for another but after you take it for a while it will alter the withdrawal once you get used to it. It will make the w/d longer but less intense due to the longer half life.