i'm thinking of...

BodilYFluidSBodilYFluidS Regular
edited July 2010 in Life
... getting my tongue pierced.

this probably won't be received well due to the facts that i'm a male, my family is fairly religious, and it is perceived as gay by many of my friends (no i am definitely not gay). not to mention most if not all of the people here are male at this point as well.

therefore i'm pretty much putting myself out there to be harassed in the hopes of getting a few shreds of hope, knowledge, and justification.

lol not that i need any of that, it would just be nice to hear about it from anyone who knows about it besides the people who i already know that lean one way or the other already.

is it worth it? do you regret it? problems that have occurred from it? any other things i should be aware of?

Comments

• TheGreenDoctorTheGreenDoctor Regular
    edited July 2010
    I don't personally care for piercings, but a guy I used to work with (and occasionally still run into at the bar) has lots of piercings, including his tongue. He's never had any issues, and I don't see how it could be considered gay as you have to have pretty big balls to have someone jam a needle through your tongue and stuff a piece of metal in the hole, plus apparently his girlfriend loves it.
    The only issue is the risk of infection for a short time afterward.
  • BodilYFluidSBodilYFluidS Regular
    edited July 2010
    cool. that's true, i heard it hertz like a biotch. this will be my only piercing tho. i'm a pretty big in shape guy and that's why i think girls say i can pull it off. is your friend a big guy too?

my main concern is getting in a fight with it in my mouth. it's not like i can be like, "wait wait, let me take my tongue ring out before i kick your ass!". i guess i'll just start bringing a mouth guard in my pocket when i go to the bars and clubs, fuck it.
  • jamie madroxjamie madrox Sith Lord
    edited July 2010
    I'm thinking of getting the middle of my bottom lip pierced. Almost did it once but the thumbtack didnt make a big enough hole.
  • BodilYFluidSBodilYFluidS Regular
    edited July 2010
    bummer man. my sister pierced my ear with a needle when i was in 5th grade... my dad was pissed lol.
  • AnonymousAnonymous Regular
    edited July 2010
    I wouldn't get it done in the tongue due to the fact that it has a higher chance to get infected and in general is a bad place to get it done due to the fact that it can be painful and uncomfortable from what I've heard.

If I were you I wouldn't get it done.
  • ayingerbrauayingerbrau Semo-Regulars
    edited July 2010
    There should be a seperate "holes and ink" forum for this, IMO, who am I to say so though?
  • thatsMYdogthatsMYdog Regular
    edited July 2010
    Sounds hot, do it. Tell the piercer you don't want it very close to the tip of your tongue. It's riskier but an experienced piercer won't put it farther back than what's safe. I have two tongue piercings and I've managed to get jobs without ever taking them out. Most people don't notice right away, sometimes at all, that I have my tongue pierced.
  • kfc v lotkfc v lot Regular
    edited July 2010
    I have two piercings my septum and my labret neither hurt to be honest and I'v not had problems with either and I have them for 2/3 years..
  • wasjoshwasjosh Regular
    edited July 2010
    Lame, do you really need another hole in your body?

Try to figure out a way to express yourself without resorting to something so common and lame.
  • TruthWielderTruthWielder Regular
    edited July 2010
    Do what you wanna do.

First, it wont hurt as much as everyone says. There's a lot of stupid stigma around piercings because people fear them. Your friends are morons.
  • TruthWielderTruthWielder Regular
    edited July 2010
    thatsMYdog wrote: »
    Sounds hot, do it. Tell the piercer you don't want it very close to the tip of your tongue. It's riskier but an experienced piercer won't put it farther back than what's safe. I have two tongue piercings and I've managed to get jobs without ever taking them out. Most people don't notice right away, sometimes at all, that I have my tongue pierced.

On that note, what would you say is the most..."functional" type of tongue piercing?