need ideas for a 98 eclipse

muffinsmuffins Regular
edited October 2010 in Man Cave
yup i got an eclipse on the cheap and need some ideas. Its the non turbo 2.0 I've bullt alot of vehicles and this is one of the first with lots of aftermarket parts availabilty.

things im considering:

turbo conversion

Its pretty much all stock, i did the brakes on all four corners changed the oil did a full tune up and have been driving the wheels off it.

INB4 : rice it out, i wanna maintain a stock look

Comments

• PacinoPacino Regular
    edited October 2010
    you should hook up a hidden cam up in there and fuck lms in the backseat then post the vid
  • muffinsmuffins Regular
    edited October 2010
    Pacino wrote: »
    you should hook up a hidden cam up in there and fuck lms in the backseat then post the vid

the back seat is small and i have a sub box in the rear.

back on topic it seems that due to the higher (9.5to 1) compression id only be able to run a small amount of boost.
  • muffinsmuffins Regular
    edited October 2010
    spazz wrote: »
    sounds right to me. have fun buying gas at the airport :p

mild cam/timing work?

uhh, good shocks, and good stereo to cover up the embarrassing engine sound

Im thinking it has mild cams in it now as the idle is kinda lumpy and it does have better throttle response than other non turbo ones ive driven.

the struts are fairly new

I installed in an dash dvd/cd/mp3 player, a 1000 watt amp and kicker comp 12" sub

I had a plymouth breeze a while back w the same motor and a 3A racing muffler which sounded deep and not honda fart can like but im having trouble finding that muffler now and also finding a shop that will actually put a customer supplied muffler on. I could do it myself but i hate exhaust work