Stackhash APPCRASH problem

TLVTLV Regular
edited November 2010 in Tech & Games
Stackhash APPCRASH problem.

My post on a tech board.

"Video games keep crashing.

Some do, some dont. I bought some off of Steam. Others I pirated. Some games at certain places, others after a period of time.

Win7 Ult 64 bit. HD Radeon 4850 Tired Run as Admin, updated(10 10) and rolled back drivers(9 12). It isn't overheating.

No viruses, and I can't find anything that would make it do this. Started a few days ago. Didn't do anything before to change anything.

This is the error I get for every game.

"Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: SWTFU.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 4ac80e11
Fault Module Name: StackHash_0a9e
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Code: c000001d
Exception Offset: 46893c6c
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789"

Some help here guys?"

Someone told me it was the Stackhash causing the errors.

I googled the problem and the only solution i have found is to make a DEP exception for the program I am using. But That doesn't fix my problem.

This is the exact post in the microsoft tech support forum
The StackHash error occurs when DEP is invoked and has an issue with whatever application you’re trying to run (and there are several hundred out there that seem to give it fits). The error is related to Data Execution Prevention.

We will narrow down on the issue, by booting the computer in clean boot. To boot the computer in clean boot refer the link: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

If the issue does not persist after booting in clean boot state, then continue with the troubleshooting to check which application or software is causing the explorer to crash, you may continue with step 2 from the above link.

Make sure you reset the computer to normal mode from step 7 after completing with troubleshooting.

After finding which application is causing the problem, you may follow the below steps:

Open the Start menu and click Control Panel
Browse to System Maintenance then System
In the left panel, select Advanced System Settings from the available links
You should now see the System Properties Window, which will have three sections. The top section is labeled Performance and has a Settings button. Click this button.
Select the Data Execution Prevention tab.
Select the option which reads Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select.
Use the Browse button to locate the executable file for the application you were trying to start (oiwsetup.exe) when you received the StackHash error, and click Open to add it to your exceptions list.
Click Apply or OK to commit your changes.

The games in question still crash, The Force Unleashed when i get in a certain room, Rise Of Legends after roughly 30 minutes of gameplay.

Any insight guys?

Comments

• DfgDfg Admin
    edited November 2010
    A) Try running it in compatibility mode.
    B) Download the latest DirectX update.
    C) Use CCleaner and remove unwanted files.

Atm I am bit a out of suggestions. However, I will get back to you after some much needed sleep. Sorry :)
  • TLVTLV Regular
    edited November 2010
    A, tried.
    B, One of the first things I checked.
    C, did so when changing drivers.