A question regarding a friend.

Ad NauseamAd Nauseam Acolyte
edited July 2010 in Life
We were talking about random shit, and I ended up asking if she had ever masturbated. Apparently she was put off the idea, after first using a tampon, anyway, I thought I could have some fun and give her a vibrator. I'm fairly sure it will make her uncomfortable, but in the end maybe it will improve her life. Do you reckon I should go for it?

I'm sorry if this seems to be in the wrong forum, given the general subject, I thought it fit in roughly.

Comments

• MorningsideMorningside Regular
    edited July 2010
    That sounds like something a 12 year old would say. Stop hanging out with little girls.
  • Dr. AwkwardDr. Awkward Regular
    edited July 2010
    It depends on how close you are with her. But I mean if you can ask her about masturbation without making things uncomfortable she'd probably appreciate the thought.
  • Ad NauseamAd Nauseam Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    It depends on how close you are with her. But I mean if you can ask her about masturbation without making things uncomfortable she'd probably appreciate the thought.

Possibly, that's a good way of thinking about it, we are fairly close....I suppose it depends on what my intentions actually are. I'm not sure if I'm considering it because I think it would make her uncomfortable, which is always funny.
    That sounds like something a 12 year old would say. Stop hanging out with little girls.

Never....although if I did, maybe I'd be allowed to stay at barbecues for longer.
  • GreenbullGreenbull Regular
    edited July 2010
    In my experience it's probably a bad idea. This is something which if can go wrong will.
  • AnonymousAnonymous Regular
    edited July 2010
    Give her that and some KY.
  • MarijuanasaurusMarijuanasaurus Regular
    edited July 2010
    Fuck the vibrator. Offer her a hand.
  • Sasha GrapeSasha Grape Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    Nay. Bad idea. Unless you guys are like seriously, seriously best friends... and even then, it would be weird. The sexual tension is just gonna suck if you do it.
    edited July 2010
    So far the consensus seems mixed. I understand it would almost certainly make things weird, but on the other hand, I can imagine her reaction being worth it. At the very least it would funny for a few weeks.

Looking back, it's obvious I need to find something to do other than bizarre schemes.
  • 1357913579 Death Cog Machine
    edited July 2010
    Do it, but pass it off as a joke if it backfires. Or make it seem like a joke to begin with, and see what she thinks.
    edited July 2010
    Ad Nauseam wrote: »
    So far the consensus seems mixed. I understand it would almost certainly make things weird, but on the other hand, I can imagine her reaction being worth it. At the very least it would funny for a few weeks.

Looking back, it's obvious I need to find something to do other than bizarre schemes.

Depends: do you ever want to fuck her?
    You could come off as the creepy guy who buys friends vibes, or her savior.
    You never know but I'd think about the worst option and whether it's worth the risk.
  • JackJack Regular
    edited July 2010
    Lawl, how old is she? It sounds like she thinks masturbation involves penetration. As I understand, most of it involves stimulation of more superficial areas of the genitals, in practice. I don't know how you go and tell a girl how to jerk off and not have it awkward, but maybe you should just send her to female masturbation guides online.
    edited July 2010
    I was thinking that but I think giving a vibe is easier because you can't give her nothing (ie her hands). At best it could motivate her to try (I mean with her hands).

Although at worst you come off as creepy guy trying to get her to masturbate lol
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited July 2010
    If you get her a vibrator for her birthday that would be funny. If you do it randomly it would be creepy.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited July 2010
    Jack wrote: »
    Lawl, how old is she? It sounds like she thinks masturbation involves penetration. As I understand, most of it involves stimulation of more superficial areas of the genitals, in practice. I don't know how you go and tell a girl how to jerk off and not have it awkward, but maybe you should just send her to female masturbation guides online.

Girls rub the clit. Penetration is a secondary thing that not all girls do while masturbating.
    edited July 2010
    fanglekai wrote: »
    If you get her a vibrator for her birthday that would be funny. If you do it randomly it would be creepy.

Yes, the birthday idea is good, it will take longer but also makes it easier to treat as a joke.....good times.

For the person who asked, she's 16, her perception of masturbation was influenced, as I said, by her first experience of a tampon. She was put off "fingering" as she put it, which at least over here in the UK does refer to penetration.

Also, to the person who asked, no, I don't want to fuck her, if I did, this would be a much stupider idea.