Is it possible to be dead?

HOLLISTER GUYHOLLISTER GUY Regular
edited July 2011 in Life
It's probably a common question just phrased differently. Like what happens when you die. But since I am alive now I can't imagine ever being dead.

When you bring quantum physics, superposition, and infinity I've already died a countless number of times(just in this lifetime). So what gives.

Comments

• MordFustangMordFustang Regular
    edited July 2011
    Kill yourself and find out:thumbsup:
  • edited July 2011
    I don't subscribe to the idea of a soul, so my thinking is that when your body dies, you die.

It is possible to have been dead, but not for ones body to have died and for them to remain sentient.

EDIT: The good thing about death though, is that you'll never know you're dead anyway.
  • edited July 2011
    NaziMick wrote: »
    Most Americans are from the Neck up!

No critical thinking skills. The man on the news said it. It must be true.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2011
    You decompose and merge with the Earth. If you think anything else happens, you're just kidding yourself.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited July 2011
    Nobody actually dies.
  • ChupaloChupalo Regular
    edited July 2011
    With every breath you take you inhale atoms that were once part of every human that ever lived. Depending on how you look at it, you either live forever or pieces of you die every second.

After you take your last breath, there is nothing left but a memory of you. When those who remember you take their last breaths, "you" no longer exist. It's pretty sad, isn't it?
  • lalalala Acolyte
    edited July 2011
    NaziMick wrote: »
    Most Americans are from the Neck up!

that is opinion based with no factual evidence to support it.

give statistics. factual statistics.:cool:
  • edited July 2011
    yeah it's possible. all my grandparents are dead.