Living with an old school ToTSE user

RemadERemadE Global Moderator
edited May 2012 in Spurious Generalities
So as some of you know, I hang around with Tordek Battlehammer (from the original ToTSE) a lot. He usually drives up to my University and stays the night, offering me an escape. I travelled with him, introduced him to my family and the likes. In other words, we are like Brothers.

When he was last over, a few days back, he mentioned moving out of his house for work and personal reasons.

But one catch - he needs a housemate to share the rent and he always said "I'd gladly live with you". After a brief talk, he decided on a time frame and I spoke to my Parents, and they both agree that I can live with him. In other words, I will be living with a Brother, a ToTSEan, and someone who I hope I will share the rest of my life with. Nope, I'm not a homo, but I'd gladly live with a guy, especially one I consider my Brother. I've got a year to 18 months, and the ball will have rolled to a place between us, and shall be sharing a house.

So awesome :hai: of course it's in the pipeline, but it's looking damn promising.

Comments

• SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited May 2012
    It's always fun to live with like-minded people.

I was saddled with a bible-thumper for a housemate a while back :facepalm:
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited May 2012
    Make sure to avoid the mistakes I did. And on congrats, would love to party with you guys on Skype :D
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited May 2012
    Can you name any that I may not know? Obviously trust is a big issue. Thankfully his Parents will buy the house (well, on a mortgage) and we will rent it from them. Just watching the Trailer Park Boys under guidance from Rodent and although we won't be in a trailer, Tordek and I have some scary similarities from all of the characters.

In the meantime I need to make some money. I hope my benefits come through for medical support, and if I live away from my Parents I can get housing support which is pretty badass. But yeah, I realise living with a friend, especially one this close, is a risk if we fall out, but I've got a good feeling about this. He knows I have my crap days and good days, so fingers crossed :hai:

"I need to get my life back on track and grow some dope!" - Ricky, TPB
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited May 2012
  • SpinsterSpinster Regular
    edited May 2012
    I live with my mate, we get on well. Its great because we both love cars so in out spare time we head to my fathers and tinker with cars.

All the best Remade
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited May 2012
    Heh well we are both pretty confident when it comes to using HID lights for either Marine bits or other growing things - so we may tinker there.

And who knows Rodent - with my Crohn's, there may be shit waves ;) after a hectic day, I'm on S2E5...spreading the word of the Lord!