Finally Got a Split AC Installed Only to Find Out

DfgDfg Admin
edited June 2012 in Spurious Generalities
That, the components in my room won't let the damn AC rest. The upper limit is 30C, the AC can't push it down to 30 and quit. This means that there is a constant heat source in the room. Of course it's the UPS and the System. Now, I already painted the roof to minimize direct heat and it did lower the temperatures, I painted one portion of the wall as well. It's still a work in progress but that will reduce the temperatures even more. But fuck me, after all this and a lot more, I still have an elephant in the room.

I can't keep the AC running 24/7 and what's the point of running it when it can't lower the temperatures without busting it nuts. I already paid money to get it's gas refilled and what not but dammit this sucks. I do feel much better in it and working seems fun.

The plan right now is to move the UPS and the power connectors outside of the room. Then bring the power cable back and just have the system in the room. This will remove the biggest culprit and I would have stable temperatures all around in the room. But it's still good news for everyone because now I can finally work.

YAY!

Really tired, installing the new HDD was a bitch, moving files was even a bigger fucking mess.

Comments

• ThirdRockFromTheSunThirdRockFromTheSun <b style="color:blue;">Third<em style="color:pink;">Cock</em>FromThe<em style="color:brown;">Bum</em
    edited June 2012
    Good to see you're getting back on the camel, DFG. Now back to fucking work! ;)
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited June 2012
    Good to see you're getting back on the camel, DFG. Now back to fucking work! ;)

Haha, woke up now. Did power the AC off just to see what happens. Yeah, the room got a bit hot. The average temperature of my room stays around 33C at night which is a lot. I can't keep using the damn AC. Going to switch to fans at night and AC in day. Still load testing it. I might have to call those idiots who installed it and get it checked.