Cell phone jammer

KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
edited September 2011 in Man Cave
Found this, now you guys go cause some trouble.

Bigger one

Comments

• Pill PopperPill Popper Regular
    edited August 2010
    Oh Hell yes

My only question and the only thing that has ever kept me from actually getting one of these
    Can they trace you while it is on or is that only on the heavy duty ones
    Thought i heard some where that if you use it long enough they can find you

Not sure if that is bullshit or not
  • KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
    edited August 2010
    They can't trace you. It's still illegal so don't get caught with it.
    edited August 2010

I think I may just find one and hang around a high school to fuck em up
    edited August 2010
    You'll want to get the bigger one then. Rather than a 5 meter circle you'll fuck up a whole cafeteria. :thumbsup:
    edited August 2010
    You'll want to get the bigger one then. Rather than a 5 meter circle you'll fuck up a whole cafeteria. :thumbsup:

Even better would be to get one and start using public transit
    Wouldn't that piss people off
    edited August 2010
    Now your using your noodle.
  • edited August 2010
    This would be great to have. I want to get one, leave it in my backpack or whatever and just go stand next to someone using their phone in the street, watching them rage.
    edited August 2010
    trx100 wrote: »
    This would be great to have. I want to get one, leave it in my backpack or whatever and just go stand next to someone using their phone in the street, watching them rage.

Agreed

Listening to them scream

I just bought this fucking thing last week and it doesn't fucking work arrrrrrrggghhh

I wouldn't be able to hold the laughter in
    edited August 2010
    :thumbsup:
  • FrYFrY Regular
    edited August 2010
    I would really like one of these. Though I might take the smaller beacuse its stealthy but I dont want the rang issues.

The big one is aswomel, but put out a bunch of extra energy that I would not want to bath in for any long period of time.
    edited August 2010
    I hope you're not one who believes that microwaves are dangerous crap.
  • FrYFrY Regular
    edited August 2010
    I hope you're not one who believes that microwaves are dangerous crap.

I think it just boils down to how high the level of exposure is. We bath in microwave radiation all day, there are just some extremes I would not want to be around for a long time.
    edited August 2010
    If a cell phone can reach a cell tower many miles away, and the larger one can only screw with phones about 50 meters away, I wonder what is more powerful...

This device likely radiates less than a watt of energy, considering a cell phone typically has a 4 watt transmitter.
  • FrYFrY Regular
    edited August 2010
    If a cell phone can reach a cell tower many miles away, and the larger one can only screw with phones about 50 meters away, I wonder what is more powerful...

This device likely radiates less than a watt of energy, considering a cell phone typically has a 4 watt transmitter.

This is a good point, even so I try to carry my phone as little as possible and when I am in a car not on the move I take the phone out of my pocket.

I know this is not a exact example but take Madame Curie for instance, she worked around x-rays and other forms of radiation for years before the harmful effect killed her.

On another note, no I do not think a cell phone or jammer will cause the population to go extinct.
    edited August 2010
    Microwave radiation is non-ionizing, don't relate this to Marie who died because of MegaElectronVolt rays.

Microwaves have less energy than visible light which has a typical energy of 1eV. The 2.4ghz microwaves have an energy of 0.00001eV. If you could see microwaves a cell phone would look about as bright as a 60w light bulb [4 watts of light]. If 4 watts of light causes you no harm, then microwaves are extremely unlikely to cause harm.
  • FrYFrY Regular
    edited August 2010
    Microwave radiation is non-ionizing, don't relate this to Marie who died because of MegaElectronVolt rays.

Microwaves have less energy than visible light which has a typical energy of 1eV. The 2.4ghz microwaves have an energy of 0.00001eV. If you could see microwaves a cell phone would look about as bright as a 60w light bulb [4 watts of light]. If 4 watts of light causes you no harm, then microwaves are extremely unlikely to cause harm.

I stand corrected.
    edited August 2010
    Glad I could help. Now back to the cellphone blocking teenage girl crying mayhem.
  • MegaKushMegaKush Regular
    edited August 2010
    i want reviews on how it works. Someone has to buy one of these!
    edited August 2010
    They have reviews on there. And they are legit ones too. DX isn't some site that fabricates reviews on every page.
  • TLVTLV Regular
    edited August 2010
    What effect do these have on, lets say, police frequencies?
    edited August 2010
    I don't know any police force that uses cell phones.
  • OnTheFringeOnTheFringe Acolyte
    edited August 2010
    can they block cellular signals from a security system
    edited August 2010
  • OnTheFringeOnTheFringe Acolyte
    edited August 2010
    might have to pick one up to check it out i guess, i figured security system cellular signals had some kind of security measure against that kind of thing.
  • MagaretMagaret Semo-Regulars
    edited November 2010
    they can't trace you,but they can block all the cell phone signals around you.If you are annoyed by the impolite cell phone rings,you can buy a cell phone signal jammer simply:hai:
  • edited November 2010
    Pakistanis sniff cum
  • DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited November 2010
    Yes. What an excellent contribution! A link to purchase a product!

Marvelous!
    edited November 2010
  • Hammer TankHammer Tank Regular
    edited November 2010
    i would love to have this at work and block all those cocksuckers who run their mouth while i'm trying to conduct business. I don't want to risk being fired though.
    edited November 2010
    They won't know it's you brah, just hide it.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited November 2010
    That would be fucking win to take into a club, bar, restaurant or any other place where people are constantly texting.
    edited November 2010
    I got this some while ago. My friend's place is next to an AT&T store and it didn't work. I tried the next day and LOL the calldrops were noticeable. I saw some people redialing so I figured it must've been the device.

It's still a hassle if you want to carry it along. It needs a power source so unless you built some sort of battery you won't be able to transport with it.
    edited November 2010
    Making a battery would be easy, but you still need to tell me what voltage it runs on. :angry:

Edit: Nvmd I saw 5v in the comments, yeah a battery would be a piece of cake.
    edited November 2010
    Making a battery would be easy, but you still need to tell me what voltage it runs on. :angry:

Edit: Nvmd I saw 5v in the comments, yeah a battery would be a piece of cake.
    Make one of your schematics. I'll definitely do this one. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

LOL. I'll park my ass in the middle of the Grand Central Station.
    edited November 2010
    Ouch, 5 amps. Ok, I'll think of something.
    edited November 2010
    Ok, you'll need;

An LM338K
    Some 100 ohm resistors.
    One of these heatsinks because this fucker needs to dissipate 36 watts if you plug it into your car.
    Some thermal paste to put between the heatsink and the regulator.
    Some bolts and nuts to attach it to the heatsink. Dunno size you figure out.

Pretty much this:

xrfnL.png

Vout is case, and you may not be able to solder to the case so you need to trap the wire under one of the screws using a washer. Don't put the wire in between the regulator and the heatsink though, you'll fuck up the heat transfer.

Voltage input can be 12 volts from your car, just use a cigarette lighter plug.
    You can also use 5 D cell batteries in series, and that will last for about 1 hour if you use it continuously. (this fucker draws a lot of power). You can get d cell holders at radioshack. You can also get the 100 ohm resistors and the thermal goop at radioshack if you like.

You can also use a rechargeable AGM lead acid battery. An 8 amp hour one costs about 10 bux, but another 10 to get to you. It'll last 1 hour, but it's rechargeable. I assume you have a 12v car battery charger somewhere?

I can't stress this enough, DON'T HOOK SHIT UP BACKWARDS! You'll burn out the regulator. When you're about to connect something for the first time, use a volt meter to test if things are going the right way. If you have the red probe on one wire and the black probe on the other; and you see a negative voltage on your meter, then that means the wire touching the red probe is negative, not positive.

To apply power to your device, you'll need to either find a power jack that fits inside or use the one that came with it.
    If you can find another power cord that fits snugly inside, then just cut the plug off of that and use that.

If you can't you'll need to use the one that came with it. This means cutting the power cable. If you cut the cable that doesn't mean it can never be used again, it just means you need to use some wire nuts to put it back together; a 20 second job.

Look on the power adapter or the jammer and you should see a symbol like this.

34371d1255492182-power-supply-problem-20071107142818-ac_adaptor_polarity.png&t=1

This tells you what way things plug into the jammer. If it's positive polarity, then the jack's sleeve should be negative and the pin positive. In the rare occasions that it is negative polarity, blah just look at the picture.

You want to match up the polarities, so after you cut and strip the wire use an ohmmeter to test what connects to the sleeve. The correct one will read 0 ohms. If the jack is positive polarity, then connect the sleeve wire you just found to the neg out of the regulator circuit and connect the other wire to Vout. If it's neg polarity do the opposite.

Make sure you have 5 volts, (plus/minus .5V is OK) coming out of the thing before you plug it into the jammer. If you are really unsure of yourself, get a second regulator in case you blow it up. It's really hard to fuck this up though.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited November 2010
    Fuck it, I'm gonna save up and get me one of these. The cheaper version. Just sit in lectures and watch some girl moan because her B/F won't text her back or whatever.
    Mwuhaha.

dr-evil.jpg

Edit- Purchased. Now to twiddle my thumbs and wait...my last order from Hong Kong took 6 weeks to fucking arrive.
    edited November 2010
    What did you even look at the guide dysgraphia?
    edited November 2010
    I'm lost at how I'm gonna hook this all up together.
    edited November 2010
    Dude I really cant make it anymore clear than that. There is all of 5 parts to the circuit.
    edited November 2010
    OH!!

lol, my bad. I've never seen a volt. regulator.

Just saw the bottom view of it:

Transistor_LM338K_LM338.jpg

It all makes sense now. :cool:

I could pick up most of this stuff at radioshack right?

Fuck. I don't have a car. Or anything relating to a car.
    edited November 2010
    The heatsink and the lm338k (and the 12v car plug if you want to use this in your car) need to be bought online, but the other stuff can be bought at radioshack, albeit more expensively since the overprice shit.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited December 2010
    Mine came today! Am charging it up and will test it out. If it doesn't work then meh, but worth a shot.

Edit. Success! It doesn't work whilst charging, but fuck, Vodafone here in the UK better up their game! Photos here:

img01651201012241157.jpg
    The unit. Not in the photo is the USB, phone and mains charger (although it's for Asian electrical outputs)

img01654201012241200.jpg
    Working on my Dad's phone. Nicely done.
    edited December 2010
    If it's a switch mode power supply it'll probably work on any voltage from 120 to 240.

But if I were you I'd crack that fucker open and use an external battery, but that's just me. :p
  • edited December 2010
    Vodafone are fucking gay where I live, I don't get any signal anyway :D

But sweet - that looks awesome!
  • royhouisroyhouis Semo-Regulars
    edited August 2011
    :thumbsup:
  • royhouisroyhouis Semo-Regulars
    edited September 2011
    trx100 wrote: »

Hi there!!!

Take a look on: http://www.jammerall.com/

Regards!
  • mandingomandingo Regular
    edited September 2011
    haha that would be awsome