Fetishes that make relationships harder to make work.

MasterMaster Acolyte
edited September 2010 in Life
Does anyone else find that their fetishes make it harder to hold down a relationship?

My situation is this. I have a fetish for sadistic behavior, humiliating and degrading my partners. I find that when my partner doesn't want anything to do with these fetishes, I become bitter towards them, and even want to leave. I find that denial of my fetishes completely kills my sex drive and passion. Once sex is no longer desirable with that person, it pushes me to seek a more willing partner.

I have this problem with my current GF. We've been together for about a year and a half. She won't do certain things that I like. At first I just suppressed it and things seemed to be fine. Over the last couple months, sex has completely lost it's appeal to me. I'm most likely going to leave her next week. This weekend is her Birthday, so I'm not going to dump her two days before it. I'm pretty sure things can't be fixed at this point. I've talked to her about it, but she just isn't willing to play along with the fetishes that are a very large part of me. It's a really shitty situation. Not too sure if I'm going to find someone who has fetishes that coincide with mine.

Comments

• MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited September 2010
    Isn't that what a good relationship is all about? Being with someone who shares your interests. Unless you're willing to change yourself, it's best to move on. Until you can be happy yourself, you're not going to make anyone else happy.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited September 2010
    She isn't right for you. If she's unwilling to explore your sexual desires, then she'll be unwilling to do a lot of things for you. Time to move on.
  • MasterMaster Acolyte
    edited September 2010
    I think I'm going to have to agree with you guys. It might be time to move on. I think next friday I'm going to give her the bad news that it's over. This weekend is her Birthday, and that would be a super dick move to end it right before that. Then sunday is her friends' birthdays. Next friday should give her the weekend to cry it out. I'm more disappointed than upset, so I'll be fine. I think I might push her towards a guy friend of hers who has liked her for years but was too big of a pussy to do anything about it. Oh well. Better to have loved and lost than not love at all. Maybe I'll find my kinky hot babe I've always wanted. As long as she's in decent shape, cooks, cleans, and swallows.:D
  • edited September 2010
    Dump her the day before lol
  • edited September 2010
    My girlfriend is totally cool with anything weird which I enjoy. Same back at her too. Hell, I'll try anything really.

Also, I remember dumping one of my ex's on her actual birthday. What actually made it worse is that I actually forgot it was her birthday as well, so I kinda double-failed there.
  • MasterMaster Acolyte
    edited September 2010
    trx100 wrote: »
    My girlfriend is totally cool with anything weird which I enjoy. Same back at her too. Hell, I'll try anything really.

Also, I remember dumping one of my ex's on her actual birthday. What actually made it worse is that I actually forgot it was her birthday as well, so I kinda double-failed there.

Lol, you sound like you were an awesome BF.

I can picture it. "I'm leaving you." "You're leaving me on my birthday?""It's your birthday:confused:" :thumbsup:
  • edited September 2010
    Hahahaha, it was actually something like that. Oh man, she hated me for ages. But it's cool now though, we're still good friends :D Somehow...
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited September 2010
    As mentioned above move on. But make sure to give her some awesome quality time before leaving. She would remember you for your kindness in the end.
    edited September 2010
    Also, pics or gtfo.
  • StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited September 2010
    Dump her the day before lol

This person speaks the truth! If you do this then you wont have to waste money buying her a present.
  • DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited September 2010
    This person speaks the truth! If you do this then you wont have to waste money buying her a present.

This is true
  • MasterMaster Acolyte
    edited September 2010
    I straightened her out. I guess she decided that she'd better step in line or else. I made the message clear that I'm in charge, and she can play the good wife role or I'll find someone who will. Needless to say, she sucked me off and didn't bitch about it. I got what I wanted.
  • Mr.HappyMr.Happy Acolyte
    edited September 2010
    A small aside... if you like to humiliate and degrade, you might find it less satisfying to be with a girl who likes to be a sub. If you can hold down a fulfilling relationship with a weak girl who doesn't always totally want to do what you want, but who'll do it because she loves you, that might be your most satisfying avenue.

Not that I advocate this... just sayin', we don't always know what we want.
    edited September 2010
    Good. Now make her keep doing it. Take her deeper and darker into the pit of your desires. S&M is next.
  • MasterMaster Acolyte
    edited September 2010
    fanglekai wrote: »
    Good. Now make her keep doing it. Take her deeper and darker into the pit of your desires. S&M is next.

We'll see. I might still leave her ass if she has another dramatic episode.
  • DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited September 2010
    Dump her on her birthday and video tape it.

Post back with results.