I'm so fucked

LSA KingLSA King Regular
edited September 2010 in Spurious Generalities
Fall Quarter starts for me Monday and I just glanced over some of the material in the books that set me back $300. Unfortunately I get fucked having to take the high end maths since I'm going for a degree in Computer Science, which means I have to get through Calculus. Before that I have to pass College Algebra and judging from the square roots once more and other bullshit I see and don't understand in the book, I'm fucked.

On another note it looks like I'm going to be stressed the fuck out yet again. Math is the only thing that stresses me out about college because I hate it and not remember what you learned the previous quarter/semester messes you up the next. I just need a C to pass and not lose financial aid for Winter. If there is a god or any sort whether some hobo dressed in a smelly rob with toast crumbs in his beard, or a big ball of energy similar to what the sun looks like, HALP MAH!

Comments

• DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited September 2010
    Damn dude I still have trouble with basic algebra. I was always retarded when it came to math of any kind. It just never clicked with me. Like even in elementary school learning multiplication was difficult.
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited September 2010
    Damn dude I still have trouble with basic algebra. I was always retarded when it came to math of any kind. It just never clicked with me. Like even in elementary school learning multiplication was difficult.

Dude I feel ya. Whats fucked up is I used to be really good in Math until I got to Geometry and the shapes and angles just demotivated the shit out of me. After that I never liked math again.

fanglekai wrote: »

Oh man that looks like it could come in handy. I wish there was a program for the computer like the Ti calculator but showed you the work and didn't cost an arm or a leg. Log functions and Square roots fucking killed me last Spring.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited September 2010
    That site is awesome. I give it out whenever someone needs math help. Also check out http://www.mymathforum.com/ and http://mathforum.org/library/
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited September 2010
    I hate math and I'm glad I never have to take another math course again, but I did decent in math, so if you have any questions, feel free to shoot.
    edited September 2010
    fanglekai wrote: »
    That site is awesome. I give it out whenever someone needs math help. Also check out http://www.mymathforum.com/ and http://mathforum.org/library/

Great links I might have to try and teach myself some math. Also what the hell mayberry your Asian your supposed to be awesome at math.
  • DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited September 2010
    I'm taking College Algebra this fall in H.S. Should be a breeze.

What is it that you don't get about math?
    edited September 2010
    Dysgraphia wrote: »
    I'm taking College Algebra this fall in H.S. Should be a breeze.

What is it that you don't get about math?

It's hard to explain I was always very quick to learn in every other subject but algebra just never clicked with me I never actually got passed Algebra 1 in high-school. I get it at it's most basic but when the equations get to long I just straight dont get it. All the x's and other letters and stuff.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited September 2010
    I hate maths :(. I don't like hating it but it doesn't work for me. FML.

It's like 4:43 AM and I just finished rendering/encoding a video using Sony Vegas 10. Although it was SD[DVD] it still took ages to compile. I watched Black Cat while I was waiting for the output. Got to say, Black Cat is pretty nice anime. [Refer to my thread in Anime section]

Op, you can find video tutorials on Demonoid for Calculus but honestly you just have to practice it. Btw if you suck at Maths it might be because you didn't develop the skills or your brain didn't focus on it too much. The act of repetition gets your brain rolling. My linguistics skills are great because I use that part of my brain the most.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited September 2010
    I hate maths :(. I don't like hating it but it doesn't work for me. FML.

It's like 4:43 AM and I just finished rendering/encoding a video using Sony Vegas 10. Although it was SD[DVD] it still took ages to compile. I watched Black Cat while I was waiting for the output. Got to say, Black Cat is pretty nice anime. [Refer to my thread in Anime section]

Op, you can find video tutorials on Demonoid for Calculus but honestly you just have to practice it. Btw if you suck at Maths it might be because you didn't develop the skills or your brain didn't focus on it too much. The act of repetition gets your brain rolling. My linguistics skills are great because I use that part of my brain the most.
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited September 2010
    Well I appreciate the links which are due to be bookmarked and the offers. I'm sure I'll probably need help. I honestly don't know why it's mandatory to know shit as high as Calculus where few people actually utilize half its potential in their life time and whatever you do utilize isn't as in-depth as the BS problems you are taught. Shits just demoralizing to know college forces that shit on you for no real good reason other than to set a standard.
  • Habaner0Habaner0 Regular
    edited September 2010
    if you ever want some help with calc i'll do my best to help you out

it's kind of shitty because I'm taking chemistry and all I can think about in class is synthesizing drugs :(

OH MY GOD WAT FAP IS HERE:fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap:
  • HTS-NoobHTS-Noob Regular
    edited September 2010
    I love math. Shit's awesome. More accurately though, I LOVE the math I already know how to do. Learning new math is troublesome, but once I've learned it I fucking love that shit. I would do math questions for fun. I have done math questions for fun.

I think really I just like feeling smart. I like doing math that I can do... that someone else can't do and they need my help. And I'm all "PSHHHHHHHhh, simple shit". But I do try to teach them at the same time. So I don't know. :mad:

:fap:
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited September 2010
    Great links I might have to try and teach myself some math. Also what the hell mayberry your Asian your supposed to be awesome at math.

I am awesome at it. But I also hate it :D
    edited September 2010
    Learn some math, niggas!
  • Pill PopperPill Popper Regular
    edited September 2010
    Mass murder or suicide
    edited September 2010
    Most people have no use for math, so it's totally pointless to teach anything beyond basic arithmetic to anyone not wanting to be an architect/engineer/doctor/economist, etc. If you're going to be a chef or a plumber you don't need to know calculus.