The Tuna Sandwich

MarijuanasaurusMarijuanasaurus Regular
edited November 2010 in Life
I have finally figured out how to make the perfect simple tuna sandwich, for my taste. Feel free to post yours as well.

The Ingredients:
-1 can of tuna
-mayonnaise
-relish
-garlic salt
-4 slices of bread

The Process:
Start by draining the tuna thoroughly. Throw it in a bowl, and start adding mayo until its a nice creamy texture. Then you mix in the relish, and sprinkle on some garlic salt to taste. All of these ingredients are preference based, and you should try experimenting with different amounts to fit your taste.
Scoop half of this delicious concoction onto a slice of bread, squish down with another slice, and enjoy that son of a bitch.:fap:

Makes 2 sandwiches.

Now post yours.

Comments

• DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited October 2010
    Mine is pretty much exactly the same except I dont use garlic. Some hard boiled egg chopped up in the tuna makes it so much better. Sometimes a little celery is good too and make sure there is plenty of Mayo.
  • edited October 2010
    -Tuna
    -Helmans olive oil mayo
    -india relish
    -maille wholegrain mustard
    -12 grain bread
    edited October 2010
    Can't stand mayo but other than that it sounds pretty fuckin' good :hai:

Then your a terrible human being. Mayo is the condiment of the gods:mad:
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited October 2010
    Then your a terrible human being. Mayo is the condiment of the gods:mad:

This. Mayo haters must die :mad:
  • MasturbatronMasturbatron Regular
    edited October 2010
    Tuna salad makes the fucking world go around. I make mine with tuna, mayo, sliced pickles, salt and pepper. I want to play around with it a little though, the hardboiled egg sounds like it would be a nice add to it, and the celery. I've been wanting to throw a bit of mustard in it as well. Oh the possibilities...
    edited October 2010
    Tuna salad makes the fucking world go around. I make mine with tuna, mayo, sliced pickles, salt and pepper. I want to play around with it a little though, the hardboiled egg sounds like it would be a nice add to it, and the celery. I've been wanting to throw a bit of mustard in it as well. Oh the possibilities...

I'm telling you a tuna sandwich isnt complete without egg.
  • MasturbatronMasturbatron Regular
    edited October 2010
    I'm telling you a tuna sandwich isnt complete without egg.

I'll try it the next time I make some :thumbsup: Do you just hardboil the egg and chop it up? Yolk and all?
    edited October 2010
    I'll try it the next time I make some :thumbsup: Do you just hardboil the egg and chop it up? Yolk and all?

Yeah just chop into small pieces and mix it in the celery is great as well in it.
  • edited October 2010
    So who uses Albacore, and who uses glorified cat food? I like mine on lightly toasted white bread, with relish, miracle whip, a dash of mustard, a little fine chopped onion, s/p, and fresh lemon. Also, this is my go-to for gas station sandwiches, they usually put way too much margarine on roast beef or ham and cheese.
    C/O
    "Ohhhh, you want a sandwich, I honestly thought you said 'stare at my tits'"
    edited October 2010
    So who uses Albacore, and who uses glorified cat food? I like mine on lightly toasted white bread, with relish, miracle whip, a dash of mustard, a little fine chopped onion, s/p, and fresh lemon. Also, this is my go-to for gas station sandwiches, they usually put way too much margarine on roast beef or ham and cheese.
    C/O
    "Ohhhh, you want a sandwich, I honestly thought you said 'stare at my tits'"

Albocore is the only way. Fuck that watery shredded cat food.
  • stresstres Regular
    edited October 2010
    cottage cheese + mayo/sweet chili sauce/lime & pepper + salt = cash
  • stresstres Regular
    edited October 2010
    grilled mozzarella and oregano is great too + Hungarian salami if you have it.
  • MantikoreMantikore Regular
    edited October 2010
    assuming we arent talking about tuna melts, i like mayo, boiled egg, and capers
  • LouisCypherLouisCypher Regular
    edited October 2010
    Get a tuna steak at your local seafood vendor. Ahi, or Yellowfin

Season aggresively w/ salt and pepper

Sear on both sides in cast iron or non stick pan until med rare

chop capers and lemon zest add to mayo with a little lemon juice

Spread on toasted bun
  • acid_dropacid_drop Regular
    edited October 2010
    Mine is pretty much exactly the same except I dont use garlic. Some hard boiled egg chopped up in the tuna makes it so much better. Sometimes a little celery is good too and make sure there is plenty of Mayo.

I thow a chopped hard boiled egg in mine too! That's how I learned to do it, and without it, it just seems bland and lame. :thumbsup:
  • EppillusEppillus Acolyte
    edited October 2010
    Get a tuna steak at your local seafood vendor. Ahi, or Yellowfin

Season aggresively w/ salt and pepper

Sear on both sides in cast iron or non stick pan until med rare

chop capers and lemon zest add to mayo with a little lemon juice

Spread on toasted bun

Fresh tuna is good, but that canned shit is fucking disgusting. Seriously; it tastes like arse. Don't ruin good fish by buying it canned.
  • Sarahlov3lySarahlov3ly Regular
    edited November 2010
    For tuna sandwiches if you want to go a little healthier you take out the mayo and put in plain greek yogurt. Sounds weird but it works. My sandwich consists of: a can of tuna, plain greek yogurt, and a avocado.. mmm
    edited November 2010
    For tuna sandwiches if you want to go a little healthier you take out the mayo and put in plain greek yogurt. Sounds weird but it works. My sandwich consists of: a can of tuna, plain greek yogurt, and a avocado.. mmm

Ive never in my life heard of putting an avacodo on tuna. I'll try that next time I like avacodos.
    edited November 2010
    stres wrote: »
    cottage cheese + mayo/sweet chili sauce/lime & pepper + salt = cash

Most people cringe at the thought of cottage cheese.
    edited November 2010
    Most people cringe at the thought of cottage cheese.

Hi, are you 10 years old? :o
    edited November 2010
    Mayberry wrote: »
    Hi, are you 10 years old? :o[. What makes you ask that? It was a clear statement.
    edited November 2010
    Cause no adult I've talked to cringes at cottage cheese.
    edited November 2010
    I personally love it. Most of my friends hate on my cottage cheese in the fridge.
    edited November 2010
    Cottage cheese is good man:o I can eat that stuff straight.
    edited November 2010
    As can I. I'll get a spoon and eat it
    edited November 2010
    Cottage cheese with butter and extra salt :thumbsup:
  • DailyDaily Regular
    edited November 2010
    RED PEPPERS AND RED ONIONS BRAH :o:o:o