Fucked up computers

edited January 2011 in Spurious Generalities
Why do people always break the USB ports on computers? They always snap things off, break the keys out of the keyboards, smudge the screen with shitty fingerprints, put grease all over the mouse, break the card reader by shoving metal in there, etc.

It really makes me rage, no wonder they can't afford to replace the computers as they have to buy other working parts first :mad:

It makes me rage.

Comments

• bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited January 2011
    People like this make people like us a few $$$ richer. :D
  • edited January 2011
    I'd actually love to have a part time job in a school, just walking around replacing parts on machines. There's something wrong with practically every single machine here - I'd earn so much money.
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited January 2011
    It sounds like you're sitting on a goldmine. :cool:
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited January 2011
    Bring a laptop :o
  • edited January 2011
    Mayberry wrote: »
    Bring a laptop :o

Not a bad idea, and I probably would if we were allowed to plug them into the mains :facepalm:
  • Professor ElmProfessor Elm Regular
    edited January 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    Not a bad idea, and I probably would if we were allowed to plug them into the mains :facepalm:

I'm pretty sure they would allow you. Do they do some sort of PAT test to see if it is safe for your laptop to be plugged in?
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited January 2011
    trx100 wrote: »

WHAT?

At my school, all power outlets are free to use (in university and back in high school as well) :hai:
  • edited January 2011
    I'm pretty sure they would allow you. Do they do some sort of PAT test to see if it is safe for your laptop to be plugged in?

Yeah, this is true. I might be able to get it tested if I took it to the technicians, but I really can't be bothered with all the effort. I might just plug it in and pretend it's tested :D
    edited January 2011
    And if your laptop blows up because it were'nt safe or whatnot, you in big poop.
  • edited January 2011
    Possibly. I don't think anything bad would happen (despite it being like, 5 years old). It's also running Backtrack Linux, so that opens up the possibility to fuck around with the network a little. Any suggestions as to what I could do?
    edited January 2011
    I see what you are gettin' at mon. A bit of the old password cracking I see thar?
  • edited January 2011
    I see what you are gettin' at mon. A bit of the old password cracking I see thar?

Quite possibly. I just had a look on my HTC for the available wireless networks and I found one secured by WEP. I think it's the one which the teachers use for unfiltered internet, or something similar. I could technically crack the password with Backtrack Linux on my laptop, giving me WiFi access to a massively fast connection. Thanks for the idea :D
    edited January 2011
    Yeah, same for my college. Some sort of bromcom network software which is widely used in teaching establishments. Easy to crack I would imagine.
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited January 2011
    Because people treat computers like they treat their cars. They don't take car of them and after a couple of years when they start breaking down they blame the manufacturer instead of their own dumb ass self for not changing the Oil or blowing the dust out of their system.

People are fucking tools thats why.
  • edited January 2011
    People don't treat them correctly at all at college. Some of the machines are alright (basically all the ones I use in my IT classes), but the rest of them in the IT rooms where people go in between classes are terrible. They're so fagged up I don't even like using them.
  • AD2011AD2011 Acolyte
    edited January 2011
    When I was at school people used to feed the computers by putting folded up bits of paper in the CD tray and inserting it.

Also with the computers there and your laptop...why not just fully charge the battery (considering it holds charge). You can buy laptop bags that have solar panels on them 1337 H@X0Rz, do the PC's have wireless capabilities? Get a smartphone and use it as one if they don't.

I never disrespected a PC in my life, why fuck with it when you can fuck around WITH it?
  • PuttinOnTheRitzPuttinOnTheRitz Acolyte
    edited January 2011
    Then quit going to the fucking library and get your own fucking computer scrub