Advertising on Reddit

edited January 2011 in Spurious Generalities
Zoklet fags are downvoting totse propaganda on reddit just to let you guys know.

http://www.reddit.com/r/pics/comments/f78kc/any_totseans_on_reddit_if_so_its_back/

http://www.reddit.com/r/pics/comments/f7lq1/totse_is_back_the_juggernaut_has_returned_check/

It's so easy to make an account on Reddit.

Let's see how many up votes we can get this, front page or bust!

GO GO GO! :D

Comments

• edited January 2011
    By the way, you don't need an email to register, but sometimes it will make you wait 8 minutes in between.
  • edited January 2011
    Is this another example of shameless self-promotion? Personally I'm not going to contribute as I don't agree with this sort of advertisement, but have fun.
  • edited January 2011
    Well, it's less destructive and immature than doing spam raids, and this could be funny if we actually got our ad on the main page. It'd be like a spam raid but more creative.

We gotta advertise somehow man. Got any better suggestions?
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited January 2011
    Upvote this: http://www.reddit.com/user/LordDfg/

That alone should be enough.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited January 2011
    And reddit THREADS HERE: http://www.reddit.com/r/totse

No need to spam reddit. You will get totse banned. I worked hard on keeping my account and totse name is good terms on reddit. Don't ruin it.

Just use the Totse channel and comment on links posted and reddit good thread and guides.
  • thewandererthewanderer Regular
    edited January 2011
    Zoklet is spamming the shit out of the page.
  • edited January 2011
    Zoklet is spamming the shit out of the page.

There doesn't seem to be any comments...
  • SliceSlice Regular
    edited January 2011
    Yeah all the spam on that link is coming from Zoklet it looks like.
  • edited January 2011
    Make sure to comment as well. :thumbsup:

edit: Don't worry about the link that's all spammed up, just go up vote the new one I posted in the OP.

We're already at 8 up votes and it's only been an hour.
  • skunkskunk Regular
    edited January 2011
    Hey, might want to read the rules of that subreddit before you actually get totse banned...Just be careful.

No URLs in images (unless it credits the original artist).
    No blogspam. Many, many sites just recycle pictures and text from other sites and put ads on it.
  • edited January 2011
    I'll comment on both links in the OP :)

Awesome. It would be seriously awesome if we could make the main page.

I'm also going to start a drawball logo soon, I'm already in the works of mapping out the rough draft on drawball, but I'm going to wait until I get it started before I post a link to it. Is anyone interested in helping with that?
  • edited January 2011
    Awesome. It would be seriously awesome if we could make the main page.

I'm also going to start a drawball logo soon, I'm already in the works of mapping out the rough draft on drawball, but I'm going to wait until I get it started before I post a link to it. Is anyone interested in helping with that?

How many people do you actually need in order to do a decent drawball attack? My guess is - more than we have.
  • edited January 2011
    Yeah, it takes a lot, but I'm starting small and using a space that's blank.

Hopefully if I get a rough draft setup, we can all hit the draft at once and make a big enough one where it will be hard for someone to wipe it out overnight, and if we keep working on it daily, it might work.
    edited January 2011
    Does anyone even use drawball anymore? There's only 3 people on it right now.
  • edited January 2011
    That will make our job that much easier.
  • edited January 2011
    That will make our job that much easier.

The point is, how many people will see this?
    Then, out of the people that DO see it, how many will care?
    Then out of the few that care, how many will come to the site, stay here and become contributing members?

I'm all for your effort to advertise, but I think we're going to need some better ideas. Think about it - if it gets publicity, then it's a good idea. That includes news coverage and mass internet drama (like when Gawker was hacked).
  • edited January 2011
    Well, Reddit gets us publicity but you're not down for that. I realize drawball might not be as active as it used to be, but it's still a good idea for something we can all collaborate on. It helps build community spirit which is always good. Do you have any other ideas?
  • edited January 2011
    Well, Reddit gets us publicity but you're not down for that. I realize drawball might not be as active as it used to be, but it's still a good idea for something we can all collaborate on. It helps build community spirit which is always good. Do you have any other ideas?

I do completely agree man, and I'm really not trying to burst your bubble. It's good that you're trying to help - I guess I've just set my sights a little higher in terms of publicity. As for ideas, it's something which is currently being worked on. The wheels are already in motion but I'm not posting about it on some public message boards.

Also, I'm actually up for helping you with Drawball :)
  • edited January 2011
    Weird, after upvoting it many times on several accounts, my upvotes started to count as down votes. :(

Anyone know how the system actually works?
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited January 2011
    Reddit system isn't something you should take lightly. Follow my simple advice. It will yeild far better results.
  • edited January 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    Also, I'm actually up for helping you with Drawball :)

Awesome. Like I said, I'm gonna work on a shitty rough graft for the next two days, using two or three different computers to get extra ink. Once the basic idea is done, I will screencap it and make a thread. Hopefully most of you will participate and we can make it huge.

Also, lol @ whoever drew a small &T at the top of the ball. :D
  • edited January 2011
    Dfg, all you said is I should upvote your threads. I don't see how that will greatly help us.
  • edited January 2011
    Awesome. Like I said, I'm gonna work on a shitty rough graft for the next two days, using two or three different computers to get extra ink. Once the basic idea is done, I will screencap it and make a thread. Hopefully most of you will participate and we can make it huge.

Also, lol @ whoever drew a small &T at the top of the ball. :D

Do you know the glitch for getting unlimited ink? I used to have it in an informational picture but I can't find it. If you want to raid drawball, then you'll probably need this information.
    edited January 2011
    Do you know the glitch for getting unlimited ink? I used to have it in an informational picture but I can't find it. If you want to raid drawball, then you'll probably need this information.

I think all you need to do to refresh your ink is change your IP.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited January 2011
    Dfg, all you said is I should upvote your threads. I don't see how that will greatly help us.

I post new content and reddit it in various sections. It takes three up votes to make it to the top. I target wide variety of groups from movies to games. Most of the communities have 60,000+ members. Usually I get some traffic in but if someone just randomly comments and up votes some links it will make the content stick out for extended period of time.
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited January 2011
    If you keep your mouse button pressed down on DB, it does not matter if you ink drops to 0% - it just keeps drawing. Good for covering large areas, not so good when you want to move around / zoom out.
  • edited January 2011
    dr rocker wrote: »
    If you keep your mouse button pressed down on DB, it does not matter if you ink drops to 0% - it just keeps drawing. Good for covering large areas, not so good when you want to move around / zoom out.

I'm not entirely sure this method works. Every time I zoom out my work disappears and doesn't seem to load later. I will wait a bit and see if it's just lagging. Have you tired this lately? The big could have been fixed.

PS. Is your name a Ween reference?
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited January 2011
    Tried logging out of the site and going back - yeah it does not work.

Ween? I had never heard of them until you mentioned them - there was never any real reason behind the name I dont think - I thought of it and liked the way it sounded.
  • edited January 2011
    Do we want reddit in totse? I don't know if that's such a good idea... :confused:
  • edited January 2011
    Do we want reddit in totse? I don't know if that's such a good idea... :confused:

Personally I don't see why not. It's certainly a way of getting our name out there to a very large audience, and one or two of them may want to sign up at some point. Who knows.

Why don't you think it's a good idea?
  • edited January 2011
    dr rocker wrote: »
    Ween? I had never heard of them until you mentioned them - there was never any real reason behind the name I dont think - I thought of it and liked the way it sounded.

They have a song called Dr. Rock.
  • edited January 2011
    I remember totse being a place of chaos - bad ideas, a place for "dirty" entertainment or making fun of people, with some good advice, great discussions, and cool stuff peppered in. Reddit, while I love the community, I think is a bit snobbier/internet elitists, especially more recently, and I just don't think they'd get a lot of the stuff that goes on here.

That said, I'm not against reddit, I visit daily. I just think totse is a little closer to 4chan style humor and content than reddit would appreciate. I don't want a bunch of elitist assholes coming in here and ruining the immature fun that I know totse can consistently churn out for me.
  • edited January 2011
    I remember totse being a place of chaos - bad ideas, a place for "dirty" entertainment or making fun of people, with some good advice, great discussions, and cool stuff peppered in. Reddit, while I love the community, I think is a bit snobbier/internet elitists, especially more recently, and I just don't think they'd get a lot of the stuff that goes on here.

That said, I'm not against reddit, I visit daily. I just think totse is a little closer to 4chan style humor and content than reddit would appreciate. I don't want a bunch of elitist assholes coming in here and ruining the immature fun that I know totse can consistently churn out for me.

Don't worry dude! They're not going to come over here and mess up the TOTSE spirit. The ones that understand us will stay, the ones that don't will take a few clicks around and decide that we're a bunch of sick fucks. Totse still is a place for bad-ideas, chaos and good discussion. We're fairly new here and so we're lacking a lot of content, but it's building up, slowly but surely. Don't worry, we're right on track.
  • edited January 2011
    Don't worry dude! They're not going to come over here and mess up the TOTSE spirit. The ones that understand us will stay, the ones that don't will take a few clicks around and decide that we're a bunch of sick fucks. Totse still is a place for bad-ideas, chaos and good discussion. We're fairly new here and so we're lacking a lot of content, but it's building up, slowly but surely. Don't worry, we're right on track.

Good to know that's still the spirit here. I just found out it came back and I haven't snooped around the forums too much to see if it's still full of sickos and generally shitty human beings like it used to be. :p

To be honest I wouldn't have even known it came back if I didn't see the post on reddit in the first place. Haha. A little hypocritical on my part but I wouldn't call myself a "redditor." I don't even have an account. I look forward to watching it grow again, laughing at the misfortune of others, and looking at the sickest shit on the internet.
  • edited January 2011
    Welcome back to &T dude! Hope you stick around. That's cool those Reddit posts are actually pulling in some new faces. I doubt advertising anywhere will pull in enough of them to ruin the mood though. We'll be just as sick as ever with or without them. :)

PS. I live in Humboldt County if you've ever heard of it. Where you at?
  • edited January 2011
    Good to know that's still the spirit here. I just found out it came back and I haven't snooped around the forums too much to see if it's still full of sickos and generally shitty human beings like it used to be. :p

To be honest I wouldn't have even known it came back if I didn't see the post on reddit in the first place. Haha. A little hypocritical on my part but I wouldn't call myself a "redditor." I don't even have an account. I look forward to watching it grow again, laughing at the misfortune of others, and looking at the sickest shit on the internet.

The important thing is to actually REALIZE that we're a small, but growing community. Things ARE slow around here, and you really do need to make an effort if you're looking to push out content. Please, stay around and keep contributing if you're interested in helping this place grow to what it once was. We're all trying here, and it would be a huge help just to have one or two more people joining us :D
  • skunkskunk Regular
    edited January 2011
    :rolleyes: Zoklet is saying totse.info allows cp, what a great bunch of people over there.

http://www.reddit.com/r/pics/comments/f78kc/any_totseans_on_reddit_if_so_its_back/

Read the comments of "TOTSE_INFO" and "Zoklet", very classy posters.
  • IndulgenceIndulgence Regular
    edited January 2011

We're still around.
  • edited January 2011
    :rolleyes: Zoklet is saying totse.info allows cp, what a great bunch of people over there.

Read the comments of "TOTSE_INFO" and "Zoklet", very classy posters.

Hahahaha. Them saying that we allow that kind of content will only help us gather even more traffic, and they've sunk so low in levels of butthurt jealousy that they started spamming links to Zoklet everywhere.

Nice fail, Zoklet :facepalm:
  • edited January 2011
    Welcome back to &T dude! Hope you stick around. That's cool those Reddit posts are actually pulling in some new faces. I doubt advertising anywhere will pull in enough of them to ruin the mood though. We'll be just as sick as ever with or without them. :)

PS. I live in Humboldt County if you've ever heard of it. Where you at?

If someone lives in N. California and hasn't heard of or been to Humboldt County I feel sorry for them.

I'm in Sonoma County. I assume you grow grass like most everyone else? We got the best weed in the world up here! :D
  • edited January 2011
    No I'm a drug addict and a drunk for the most part, weed isn't really my thing.

Everyone else here seems to love it though. :D
  • edited January 2011
    No I'm a drug addict and a drunk for the most part, weed isn't really my thing.

Everyone else here seems to love it though. :D

Haha. Yes they do. I'm more of a drunk though. I used to do drugs but I stopped. Too many risky calls and rolling the dice every night just got old for me.
  • edited January 2011
    Yeah... my dealer is one of my best friends so it works out alright!
  • skunkskunk Regular
    edited January 2011
    I'll tell ya what...redditors are fucking bitches for the most part. They fucking complain like all hell, you'd think they were 13 year old girls.

Fucks sake.