Dxm

MasturbatronMasturbatron Regular
edited January 2011 in Man Cave
So tonight I'm going to try DXM for the first time...and I just wanted to check with totse to see what I should do/expect/whatever.

I went and got a box of Coriciden Cough Compressor or whatever, ya know, triple C's. The thing I'm worried about is I got the HBP one, will that make anything different?

On the back it says Dextromorphine Hydrobromide. Anything I should be concerned about? 30mg's btw.

How many should I take? I have 16.

Comments

• edited January 2011
    Take them all.
  • jamie madroxjamie madrox Sith Lord
    edited January 2011
    Take the whole box, and hope you dont have a bad reaction to the CPM. or, if you feel like waiting, take half now and see what happens
    edited January 2011
    I can't stress this enough, Music makes the trip. Pink floyd, infected mushroom, the orb, orbital, dubstep if you're into that.
  • MasturbatronMasturbatron Regular
    edited January 2011
    Take them all.

I figured that was the path to take. I'll wait for a few more responses though. Them being HBP and it being Dextromorphan Hydrobamine won't make a difference?

Ahh Jamie Madrox, just the guy I was looking for in this thread.

And what is CPM?
    edited January 2011
    I figured that was the path to take. I'll wait for a few more responses though. Them being HBP and it being Dextromorphan Hydrobamine won't make a difference?

nah, its either dmx hbr or dxm polistyrex. polistyrex will make a difference.
    edited January 2011
    Chlorpheniramine Maleate is the other active ingrediant in Triple c's, if people have bad reactions to c's, thats what it is
    edited January 2011
    Chlorpheniramine Maleate is the other active ingrediant in Triple c's, if people have bad reactions to c's, thats what it is

Worst case scenario?
    edited January 2011
    Taken from wikipedia; Serotonergic and norepinephrinergic effects In addition to being an histamine H1 receptor antagonist, chlorpheniramine has been shown to work as a serotonin-norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor or SNRI.[1] A similar antihistamine, brompheniramine, led to the discovery of the SSRI zimelidine. Limited clinical evidence shows that it is comparable to several antidepressant medications in its ability to inhibit the reuptake of serotonin and also norepinephrine (noradrenaline).[2][unreliable source?] However, extensive clinical trials of its psychiatric properties in humans have not been conducted. It inhibits serotonin reuptake less than norepinephrine reuptake,[3] however the literature is not consistent in this respect.[4]
    edited January 2011
    Taken from wikipedia; Serotonergic and norepinephrinergic effects In addition to being an histamine H1 receptor antagonist, chlorpheniramine has been shown to work as a serotonin-norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor or SNRI.[1] A similar antihistamine, brompheniramine, led to the discovery of the SSRI zimelidine. Limited clinical evidence shows that it is comparable to several antidepressant medications in its ability to inhibit the reuptake of serotonin and also norepinephrine (noradrenaline).[2][unreliable source?] However, extensive clinical trials of its psychiatric properties in humans have not been conducted. It inhibits serotonin reuptake less than norepinephrine reuptake,[3] however the literature is not consistent in this respect.[4]

I don't understand...what's the risk I'm taking here?
  • edited January 2011
    I think the worst that could happen is you get super fucked up, lose control of your body and puke all over. It happened to me once. It was fun up until the whole losing control thing though.
    edited January 2011
    Worst case with just that amount, you get real sick and puke all night, possible get the shits real bad. But according to erowid.org/chemicals/dxm/dxm.shtml CPM can be fatal at high doses
    edited January 2011
    antihistamines tend to have weird effects on dxm and your body. Like taking 10 or so benadryl can almolst double your trip. Then you also have to worry about all the other side effects of benadryl
    edited January 2011
    Worst case with just that amount, you get real sick and puke all night, possible get the shits real bad. But according to erowid.org/chemicals/dxm/dxm.shtml CPM can be fatal at high doses

Alright. I'll take 8 and see how things go, and if all flys well I'll take the other 8. I don't want to get blue balls though, I want the full experience.

How long does it take to kick in after ingestion?
    edited January 2011
    Be sure to have plenty of water on hand, and dont eat alot before you take them.
    edited January 2011
    Alright. I'll take 8 and see how things go, and if all flys well I'll take the other 8. I don't want to get blue balls though, I want the full experience.

How long does it take to kick in after ingestion?

Never taken c's before but judging on all the rest of what ive taken 45 to 90 minutes.
    edited January 2011
    keep us updated so we know you didnt die
    edited January 2011
    keep us updated so we know you didnt die

Will do, captain.
    edited January 2011
    I just ingested 8 of them. They're very sweet tasting. I'll report back once things start to happen.
  • lifeofbeanlifeofbean New Arrival
    edited January 2011
    I just ingested 8 of them. They're very sweet tasting. I'll report back once things start to happen.

8 is 240mg. Not a huge dose, but if you're on the skinny side it'll give you a taste of what DXM does.

Take them enough times and you'll gag upon sight of the box. Or when taking Advil. Trust me on this.

If you repeat this experiment in the future I would suggest Robotussin Cough Gels, 15mg of nothing but DXM in each pill, 20 to a bottle. Walgreens and CVS both have store brand versions that are a bit cheaper.

If you're absolutely set on Coriciden-style, if you have an Albertsons in your area they have "equaline cough and cold relief hbp". It's the exact same thing, for a lot cheaper - right now the Albertsons in my area are selling them for buy one get one free, and they're only $2.99 to begin with.

back in my day you could order dxm powder from chemical supply houses, I may or may not have taken a 1.5g cap once...
    edited January 2011
    It's been a little over an hour..and I'm not feeling shit. Should I take the other 8 or wait a bit longer?

Nvm, just took the other 8.
    edited January 2011
    Well have fun with that. Now is a good time to get some music setup.. may I recommend something from http://www.soma.fm ?

DXM takes a bit longer than a lot of drugs to take effect. Similarly, it lasts a lot longer than most orally administered drugs.
    edited January 2011
    lifeofbean wrote: »
    Well have fun with that. Now is a good time to get some music setup.. may I recommend something from http://www.soma.fm ?

DXM takes a bit longer than a lot of drugs to take effect. Similarly, it lasts a lot longer than most orally administered drugs.

I think I'll listen to some BTBAM once it kicks in, should I expect any visuals?

Nvm. I want some fucking bass.
    edited January 2011
    Open eye visuals? Unlikely, except your vision will probably take on a strobe effect, and you'll most likely have double vision for a few hours.

Closed eye visuals are another story, you can probably count on those.

Typing, speech, and walking may be difficult. Your weight will be the biggest factor on how a particular dose affects you.

It's.... a weird experience. Not really a trip, it's a dissociative.
    edited January 2011
    keep your room dark, bright lights have now become the enemy
  • edited January 2011
    You really should have waited for the first pills to kick in before you re-upped, sometimes things take a bit to get rolling. Hope you're feeling okay.
    edited January 2011
    It's been ~2hrs since I took the first 8, my head is starting to feel weird. Once things really start to kick in I plan on sitting outside in the dark.
    edited January 2011
    For future planning, google Zicam cough max mist. thats what you really want, one bottle will do most in fairly well. or Robotussin cough gels, or the cheap knock off. 2 bottles of zicam should blow you away :D
    edited January 2011
    Damn, I didn't even know Zicam still made that, I haven't seen it in stores around here in a couple of years.

Zicam tastes like concentrated evil. That's the only way I can describe it.

I'm talking to him(?) on AIM. I think this line best describes what's going on...
    We were somewhere outside of Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold.

edit: welp this just popped up from him, I think that says it all.
    my eyes are so much more open when theyre closed
    edited January 2011
    I looked for Zicam! I checked every-single-fucking box in the store and none had DXM.
  • KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
    edited January 2011
    PCP_addict.jpg

Pic unrelated but lulzy.
    edited January 2011
    And that there... that's the boner killer right there.
    edited January 2011
    Well, how'd it go?
    edited January 2011
    It was weird, and fun. I enjoyed it. Like you said..MUSIC! All I did was throw my headphones on, lay in bed and listen to music with my eyes closed. It felt as if I were completely out of my body. I can't explain it in much detail...it was just weird. I had a good time though.

And I made a lot of ridiculous tumblr posts lol.

"The music it what makes everything happen. This monitor is too bright but it’s where my music comes from. Where would I be without my music? I don’t even want to think about that. It scares me. It’s all about the music and the dark. In darkness everything is possible. You shouldn’t be scared of the dark you should embrace it. The light is what you should be afraid of. The dark is exciting and unknown, the light shows all truths and nobody wants the truth. Stay in the dark my friends. The dark is your friend. Music and darkness collide. We all dance."

"Keep your eyes closed
    You’ll see the world more clearly."

"Close your eyes. All you see is black. All I see are the stars. They’re flying by. The stars are beautiful. You’re beautiful. The builder is beautiful. We’re all floating by. Nothing can stop us now. You’re so beautiful. Music is beautiful. Life is beautiful.

Close my eyes. Escape reality. I love it here in this other world. There’s no fighting.no crime. No police. Just love. Love and stars. I’ll keep my eyes closed to stay here. I never want to leave. My headphones weigh a ton. I want to see the stars. I want to ride the cosmos."

"I'm going outside
    It’s going to be AWESOME. I have to take my computer though because I have no idea what I would do without this bass that’s going on. Boom boom boom. More bass. More music. More love."
    edited January 2011
    Sounds like a good time, a dark towel/blanket or something of the like takes care of the moniter
    edited January 2011
    Also, this is what you want 106675.jpg actual size even. crack it open take the half shot (.55oz) and chase it with chocolate milk
    edited January 2011
    Also, this is what you want 106675.jpg actual size even. crack it open take the half shot (.55oz) and chase it with chocolate milk

I looked for Zicam but I couldn't find it. I guess the store I went to didn't carry it but the next time I do this I'll keep my eyes peeled for it or Robotussin.
    edited January 2011
    Yeah its harder to come by now, because some many DXM abusers steal it. I mean, its soooo small and easy to conceal. It takes up about 45% of that box.
    edited January 2011
    I really really want to do it again. Would it be a bad idea to give it another go tonight with a different source of DXM such as Zicam or Robo?
    edited January 2011
    I really really want to do it again. Would it be a bad idea to give it another go tonight with a different source of DXM such as Zicam or Robo?

Yeah, thats how tolerance builds up, and it builds up quick. give it at least 5 days, but the longer the better
    edited January 2011
    Yeah, thats how tolerance builds up, and it builds up quick. give it at least 5 days, but the longer the better

I'll wait until next weekend then or something. I should probably get some rest tonight anyways.
    edited January 2011
    I'll wait until next weekend then or something. I should probably get some rest tonight anyways.

that, and you'll have plenty of time to find a better source of DXM. FYI pure DXM powder PWNS all other sources of DXM.
    edited January 2011
    FYI pure DXM powder PWNS all other sources of DXM.

Yeah but where the hell do you get dxm powder these days...
  • JBvenom777JBvenom777 New Arrival
    edited January 2011
    lifeofbean wrote: »
    Yeah but where the hell do you get dxm powder these days...
    Google your ass off, and then Google some more. It's possible. Or, if you are decent in chemistry, extraction can work.
    edited January 2011
    JBvenom777 wrote: »
    Google your ass off, and then Google some more. It's possible.
    This, or you could just be like me and get lucky. My source sells dxm $20 for 10 grams
    JBvenom777 wrote: »
    Or, if you are decent in chemistry, extraction can work.
    Extractions aint hard. But they are a pain, and after you extract the dxm it starts to degrade fairly quickly.

Also, do not pm me for sources. Too many people are using that source as it is, its only one guy and he doenst run it that efficiently.