10 commandments of the ....Sicilian mafia

grayboygrayboy Acolyte
edited July 2010 in Man Cave
No one can present himself directly to another of our friends. There must be a third person to do it.
Never look at the wives of friends.
Never be seen with cops.
Don't go to pubs and clubs.
Always being available for Cosa Nostra is a duty - even if your wife is about to give birth.
Appointments must absolutely be respected.
Wives must be treated with respect.
When asked for any information, the answer must be the truth.
Money cannot be appropriated if it belongs to others or to other families.
People who can't be part of Cosa Nostra: anyone who has a close relative in the police, anyone with a two-timing relative in the family, anyone who behaves badly and doesn't hold to moral values.

Weird huh? Kill someone, thats cool, but don't you dare go into a pub, or deviate from moral values...I suppose its just common sense stuff to ensure their survival but it seems a bit restrictive for a criminal organisation lol

I suppose though it protects criminals from the four most common things to bring about their downfall, with a sprinkling of racism added as well. The four things that bring down criminals tend to be;

1)The police
2)women
3)money
3)Alcohol/Substance abuse

Comments

• wasjoshwasjosh Regular
    edited July 2010
    No credit for the quote?

I guess I can google for it, but resources are resources.
  • ILTST9ILTST9 Regular
    edited July 2010
    It makes sense. I mean if you start pursuing something with the wife of an associate you're just asking for a shit storm.
  • wasjoshwasjosh Regular
    edited July 2010
    ILTST9 wrote: »
    It makes sense. I mean if you start pursuing something with the wife of an associate you're just asking for a shit storm.

Sex is sex, I wish people cared a bit less about pussy.

Buy a gun, and shoot some shit.

Maybe the Sicilians should take a page from some of those Tibetan Monks, castration ftw.
  • grayboygrayboy Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    wasjosh wrote: »
    No credit for the quote?

I guess I can google for it, but resources are resources.
    Cops found it in some Mobsters house lol.
  • Big baby jesusBig baby jesus Regular
    edited July 2010
    Basically mind your own biz, don't cause shit within the family, don't involve those outside the family, don't snitch, and don't be a loose cannon. The ethics of a true visionary, in the criminal world.
  • muffinsmuffins Regular
    edited July 2010
    We could use a How to not get busted thread, this would fit well there. OP's statement is true. Remember three can keep a secret if two are dead
  • metameta Regular
    edited July 2010
    Number 2 makes a lot of sense.
  • NumberjumboNumberjumbo Regular
    edited July 2010
    Might have to use that advice in my gang
  • AnonymousAnonymous Regular
    edited July 2010
    The #1 thing that takes down organized criminals is them simply playing a game with the police and not attempting to do anything further than simply play inside the current system.

With membership numbers of most organized crime organizations they'd be able to launch a campaign against said police force and be able to take over atleast their little area without a problem however they won't due to the fact that they wouldn't do something like this due to the fact that they need the current state in order to operate. Also, they're too busy fighting among eachother than to fight against what is currently taking them down on a massive scale.

Even in Mexico, they're focusing on fighting eachother rather than the military or the police force that is cracking down on them.
  • wasjoshwasjosh Regular
    edited July 2010
    Anonymous wrote: »
    Even in Mexico, they're focusing on fighting eachother rather than the military or the police force that is cracking down on them.

Meheco, the epitome of organized crime.

Read about 'The Craziest One' sending 17 of his bitches to attack the convoy of 40 spec-ops or something.

None of the 17 lost their heads.

But yeah, I think it comes down to selfishness, and some kind of self-justification, "this ass has done this to my ass, I can sell him out/murder/steal/rape his woman."

Stupid-sad-myopic-world
  • muffinsmuffins Regular
    edited July 2010
    moved over to our How to not get busted thread http://www.totse.info/bbs/showthread.php?p=11880&posted=1#post11880 thanks alot for the info gents
  • InsurrectionInsurrection Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    Actually not a bad idea to have this sort of code but some of the things seem a bit... Too harsh? Good post though.
  • AzureAzure Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    There have been plenty of mobsters with close police relatives.