Lets talk REVOLVERS.

Pile of JewsPile of Jews Regular
edited April 2011 in Man Cave
I've narrowed my choices down to 2 calibers and 2 models of each caliber.

.45 LC and .44 Magnum.

for the .45 LC, I have been looking at the Ruger Blackhawks and Uberti's, and as for .44 magnum, the Ruger Super Blackhawk or the Ruger Super Redhawk.

DIRECT ME! I love 'em all, so lets vote niggies.

Comments

• RolfRolf Regular
    edited February 2011
    Pistol_Browning_SFS.jpg

About time, pussy, states Rolf.
  • edited February 2011
    Rolf wrote: »
    About time, pussy, states Rolf.

You're right Rolf, the OP was about outdated, overweight, and obsolete handgun designs.
  • RolfRolf Regular
    edited February 2011
    You're right Rolf, the OP was about outdated, overweight, and obsolete handgun designs.

So was said Fatty, considering both the P08 and TT were posted, states Rolf.
  • MasturbatronMasturbatron Regular
    edited February 2011
    I want a gun..
  • Pile of JewsPile of Jews Regular
    edited February 2011
    Wow, I was hoping to come into this thread to find at least ONE relevant reply. Fuck you guys.
  • edited February 2011
    Wow, I was hoping to come into this thread to find at least ONE relevant reply. Fuck you guys.

178991d1288656977-newegg-ocz-rally2-16gb-5-40-umad.jpg
  • JackJack Regular
    edited February 2011

This

I had to scroll up and make sure we weren't in god damn BC
  • AmieAmie Regular
    edited February 2011
    Why were only some of Fatty's useless posts removed? I mean, there's basically zero content in any of the posts in this thread, including my own; so either remove everything or nothing.

To add some content: If I ever do get a revolver, I want this thing.
  • Pile of JewsPile of Jews Regular
    edited February 2011
    Amie wrote: »
    Why were only some of Fatty's useless posts removed? I mean, there's basically zero content in any of the posts in this thread, including my own; so either remove everything or nothing.

To add some content: If I ever do get a revolver, I want this thing.

Holy fuck thats cool as hell :eek: :thumbsup:
  • acid_dropacid_drop Regular
    edited February 2011
    Thanks for contributing Fattits....
  • DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited February 2011
    I like the AK-47 in COD.
  • RolfRolf Regular
    edited February 2011
    Dysgraphia wrote: »
    I like the AK-47 in COD.

Rolf watched the brother of Rolf play Black Ops, the AK-47 in that has an identity crisis, being an AKM until you choose one of the attachments, then it all of a sudden iuses an RPK-74 magazine, Rolf likes magic, calibre-changing weapons, states Rolf.
    edited February 2011
    Ok, well I guess I will be the first contributor.

First off, you realize those round are entirely different and neither serve a real positive purpose? Unless you're within 30 yards, out of a pistol they are nearly worthless? With a rifle or carbine they are "decent" rounds, but in a pistol they have far too much recoil, loose velocity too quickly, drop like a brick, ect. A Novelty at best in a revolver. In a lever action they do quite well, but with that short barrel you see very little, to no return over a conventional cartridge.

BUT. If you are set on such. S&W, Ruger, Taurus(Just stay away from their auto-loaders) and any upscale name will serve you well. Those are the three low tier I can attest to. As I said, Taurus makes good revolvers, just stay away from their autos.
    edited February 2011
    Amie wrote: »
    Why were only some of Fatty's useless posts removed?

All of his "spam"(which I would call flooding) has been removed.

I'm back after a week of drill, sorry fattits. Oh I guess he is banned.

Continue about revolvers though. No talk of the judge though or everyone on the internet is bant! :o
  • spinkyspinky Acolyte
    edited March 2011
    If you reload go for the 45 colt, if not then go 44 magnum. 45 colt can be really hot loaded in a blackhawk.
    edited March 2011
    spinky wrote: »
    If you reload go for the 45 colt, if not then go 44 magnum. 45 colt can be really hot loaded in a blackhawk.

Blackhawk is Rugur right? Regardless are you talking long colt, or .45ACP?
  • spinkyspinky Acolyte
    edited March 2011
    acid_drop wrote: »
    Blackhawk is Rugur right? Regardless are you talking long colt, or .45ACP?

Yes, the Blackhawk is made by Ruger. 45 Colt is sometimes called 45 long colt. Another neat thing about the Blackhawk is you can get them with 2 cylinders. One in 45 Colt and an extra cylinder in 45acp.

http://www.ruger.com/products/newModelBlackhawkConvertible/models.html
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited March 2011
    Well back to the OP, if it's a choice between those two calibers, I would go with a Ruger Blackhawk in 44mag, That thing breathes fire. Rented one last time as I was a shooting range. Recoil is manageable.

Any wheelygun though? I would get a Colt Python .357 8". Beautiful weapon.

Or a snub nose Taurus in .357.
  • edited April 2011
    I really like S & M X500... But only bcuz it'd b hilarious for a guy my size to try to use it.
  • OsirisOsiris Acolyte
    edited April 2011
    Buy a .357 magnum, then you can choose between the lighter .38 specials or heavier .357 magnum rounds. Anything bigger is just not efficient, I could do more damage with a .22 than a .44 any day. You just can't hit shit with those bigger calibers. If actually did have to use it for self defense your hearing would be completely useless the second you fired your first round.
  • edited April 2011
    What if you're in India, and there's a parade, and a bunch of elephants go kill-crazy and start rampaging? Ha! The you'd sure look the fool for not havin' a .50 cal
  • VesemVesem Semo-Regulars
    edited April 2011
    A few weeks back I bought one of these and I love it.

model-19-wood-grips-4.jpg
  • GotTwoThumbsGotTwoThumbs Regular
    edited April 2011
    if you are looking for a revolver for home defense at close range i.e. home invasion look at one of these guys 350px-Taurus_Judge_Magnum.JPG
    chambered in...thats right .410 shotgun. that'll stop those fuckers from takin your dvd's. especially if you load it wiiiiith...thumbnail.aspx?q=590319785469&id=b9be5ebd94f3d5da208df04ca9ac0034

The PDX1 410 shot shell loaded with 3 copper 'defense discs' which fire in a tight grouping like bullets followed by 12 pellets of shot shell. this will stop someone dead. leave a fuckin mess i bet