I'm really quite glad to lose the thanks system...

TruthWielderTruthWielder Regular
edited July 2010 in Spurious Generalities
Really.

It seems that instead of trying to make something "humorous" or stupidly lowbrow, most people are naturally bent on posting at a higher caliber. Maturity and good posts are the measure, understood by critical thought rather than a number. Therefore, respect is a more open and welcome commodity, thus empowering the cycle of good posting. Granted, we still insult and laugh at each other, just more thoughtfully with less intrusion from the 4chan style mentality of one-upmanship in stupidity.

Nice Job totse. :)

Its good to be back.

Comments

• Dr. AwkwardDr. Awkward Regular
    edited July 2010
    It is sooo good to hear it!
  • VizierVizier Regular
    edited July 2010
    Exactly. People seem to be posting more meaningful content; I'm glad that shit is gone too... and this is from someone who had almost 1,200 thanks before the 2 week DB fuckup.
  • Gorilla GutsGorilla Guts Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    It is sooo good to hear it!

lol. thats the kind of witty banter that deserves a thanks. it would be kind of neat if you got like three thanks for each account, then something would have to be super rad to deserve one.
  • ILTST9ILTST9 Regular
    edited July 2010
    I remember the easiest way to get a ton of thanks on Zoklet would be to get the first reply in a thread in LLR and making the post something retarded. That's how I usually got thanks anyway.
  • AnonymousAnonymous Regular
    edited July 2010
    As am I.
  • Fetus-SmasherFetus-Smasher Regular
    edited July 2010
    lol. thats the kind of witty banter that deserves a thanks. it would be kind of neat if you got like three thanks for each account, then something would have to be super rad to deserve one.

That's a horrible idea.
  • Gorilla GutsGorilla Guts Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    you know you love it. you also get a cupcake sent to you by the admin. just let it marinate. it will grow on you

edit: im also going to start sending out pm thanks to everyone as kind of a pick me up. if you had a rough day that thanks could really come in handy.
  • Brock SamsonBrock Samson Regular
    edited July 2010
    That's a horrible idea.

Thanks.
  • Sasha GrapeSasha Grape Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    I'm actually seeing improvements on content as well... though sometimes I really get that itch to thank someone when they make me spew coffee over my desk, but then the button's not there and I just don't know how to hand out the accolades where they're deserved. :(
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited July 2010
  • Big baby jesusBig baby jesus Regular
    edited July 2010
    :thumbsup: yea thumbs for all your assholes, alright :mad:
  • edited July 2010
    I'm actually seeing improvements on content as well... though sometimes I really get that itch to thank someone when they make me spew coffee over my desk, but then the button's not there and I just don't know how to hand out the accolades where they're deserved. :(

Hao? +1
  • MantikoreMantikore Regular
    edited July 2010
    the only thing i liked about thanks was when people get butthurt if you dont give people any
  • LuxJigabooLuxJigaboo Regular
    edited July 2010
    ILTST9 wrote: »
    I remember the easiest way to get a ton of thanks on Zoklet would be to get the first reply in a thread in LLR and making the post something retarded. That's how I usually got thanks anyway.

Or by making thanks/rep party threads.
  • MarijuanasaurusMarijuanasaurus Regular
    edited July 2010
    Im pissed. How will I know if what I say is funny or not?:mad:
  • HTS-NoobHTS-Noob Regular
    edited July 2010
    *keeps going to thank even tho no button*

I'm glad it's gone though.
  • HelladamnleetHelladamnleet Banned
    edited July 2010
    As am I. It was really just a popularity contest anyway (and I was THE Mr. Popular)