How do you feel about contolerless games?

edited July 2010 in Spurious Generalities
Such as this video.

http://www.wimp.com/futuregaming/

Now, I think it would be cool but at times, I think you'd look like a total ass. Like the kid acting as a monster.

Comments

• DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited July 2010
    There are only certain games that will work project Natal.

Try playing an FPS. Not going to work. Well, I'm not sure, but MW2 wasn't made to play like that.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited July 2010
    What a faggott ass pretend familiy:facepalm:
  • AnonymousAnonymous Regular
    edited July 2010
    This is a complete copy of the Wii Wants to Play ads.
  • TLVTLV Regular
    edited July 2010
    Motion Controls need to fuck off so we can get back to working on games that don't suck and are shitty squeals to successful games.
  • trickstertrickster Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    Lucas Barton knew what was up, he started training years ago!
  • GreenbullGreenbull Regular
    edited July 2010
    Such a gimick. They could never get it to work so flawlessly it would be good on anything except jumping games :rolleyes:.
  • edited July 2010
    Greenbull wrote: »
    Such a gimick. They could never get it to work so flawlessly it would be good on anything except jumping games :rolleyes:.

Oh I think its possible. They already have this game that puts you in a background and you interact with it. Its gay but its on the right track.

I don't like how the more personal you get with a game, the more the games and storylines, genres, ect suck.
  • trickstertrickster Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    Greenbull wrote: »

I'm telling you, add in a PowerGlove device, attach some rumble packs, maybe throw in a joystick and a couple buttons and you have an additional level of immersion when combined with the motion tracking technology. You could even use the glove as a calibration point for the system and whatnot.

Now the gun goes bang when you shoot, now the wheel rumbles when you go off the road, now punches feel like they hit something, now you can actually move your character freely in a 3d environment, now you can push a button to pause the game, or browse your inventory without having to do some crazy tai chi shit.

I doubt I'm the only one who's thought of this, and there's probably some guy with schematics and math and shit ready to go, but I think this would make the whole thing easier and more functional.

Of course, that does remove the "controllerless" aspect of it, but it's pretty close.
  • Big baby jesusBig baby jesus Regular
    edited July 2010
    That bitch was tight. I'd play her a bit.

Wouldn't play any of those lame ass lookin' games tho.
  • MantikoreMantikore Regular
    edited July 2010
    i think it has potential, but it would take a bit of creativity to fit it into the genres of modern gaming.
  • LethargicaLethargica Regular
    edited July 2010
    It's more family oriented obviously. I mean how the fuck can you play a shooter with this "future gaming" mechanism and NOT look retarded??
  • GreenbullGreenbull Regular
    edited July 2010
    trickster wrote: »
    I'm telling you, add in a PowerGlove device, attach some rumble packs, maybe throw in a joystick and a couple buttons and you have an additional level of immersion when combined with the motion tracking technology. You could even use the glove as a calibration point for the system and whatnot.

Now the gun goes bang when you shoot, now the wheel rumbles when you go off the road, now punches feel like they hit something, now you can actually move your character freely in a 3d environment, now you can push a button to pause the game, or browse your inventory without having to do some crazy tai chi shit.

I doubt I'm the only one who's thought of this, and there's probably some guy with schematics and math and shit ready to go, but I think this would make the whole thing easier and more functional.

Of course, that does remove the "controllerless" aspect of it, but it's pretty close.

I agree, a controller motion set up like you mentioned (or the wii) has serious potential but I think that xbox version is just a repackaged eye toy aimed at slightly older children.
  • MegaKushMegaKush Regular
    edited July 2010
    ^
    the eyetoy was around when i was in fucking 8th grade, i remember playing antigrav and getting a work out from it. this is nothing new, unless it works alot better than the eyetoy did