IPTorrents modfaggotry

JackJack Regular
edited May 2011 in Spurious Generalities
#756557 by Aviado (User) at 2011-05-17 08:13:47 (1 hour ago) - [Report this post]
[email protected] (iptorrents)
(1921 11) ;;; Irssi: Starting query in iptorrents with DX
(1921 13) (Jack) Hello
(1921 39) (Jack) I do not want to be in #iptorrents. Forcejoins are rude and useful for nothing more but stupid pranks. You should disable it or the
channel will simply be full of me automatically parting every time this happens.
(1923 08) ;;; DX ([email protected])
(1923 08) ;;; ircname : DX
(1923 08) ;;; : is a registered nick
(1923 08) ;;; channels : ~#iptorrents ~#seedbox ~#ipt.announce
(1923 08) ;;; server : irc.iptorrents.com (IPT Server)
(1923 08) ;;; : Network Administrator
(1923 08) ;;; : is available for help.
(1923 08) ;;; : is using a Secure Connection
(1923 08) ;;; End of WHOIS
(1959 48) (DX) u have to idle in iptorrents
(1959 52) (DX) in order to be in announce
(1959 55) (DX) if not u can quit this network
(2000 40) [iptorrents] (irc2.iptorrents.com) *** You were forced to join #iptorrents
(2000 40) [iptorrents] ;;; Channel #iptorrents created Sun Nov 1 20:26:17 2009
(2001 08) [iptorrents] ;;; You were killed by DX ([email protected]) (read.pm) (Path: irc!IPT.IRCOP!DX)
(2001 08) [iptorrents] ;;; ERROR Closing Link: Jack[46.21.207.188] irc.iptorrents.com (Killed (DX (read.pm)))
(2001 08) [iptorrents] ;;; Irssi: Connection lost to irc.iptorrents.com

So if I want to watch the announce channel I have to idle in the main channel that I don't even care about. No wonder there are so many people there who don't even chat. This is the most pathetic failure of an IRC network I've ever seen. Maybe that "rule" should go in the MOTD so people won't waste their time.

Last edited by Aviado at 2011-05-17 08:14:28
#756577 by QuickAgentMike (X360LIVE:DeadZombieAgent) at 2011-05-17 09:21:16 (51 mins ago) - [Report this post]

if you do not like it then leave we do not want someone bad mouth who work so hard to get irc here and it just a link from here so you can chat with other user as for IPT there did not want it. so it not ipt it belong to the best uploaded and power users and vip who like to chat and chill and have fun.

you open up a suggestions and one of the staff here close it as there have no say or control. it run by different staff

Last edited by QuickAgentMike at 2011-05-17 09:23:51

#756584 by Hurlahu (Torrent Comments Moderator, Forum Mod) at 2011-05-17 09:42:57 (29 mins ago) - [Report this post]

Topic Locked by Hurlahu
Reason: Not True..DMAN have already locked your thread....

Read this
[forum link removed]

Last edited by Hurlahu at 2011-05-17 09:46:22

So let's go over the faggotry so far:

1. The IRCops are not accountable to the staff of the site the network is for.
2. The IRCops enforce a pointless, unstated rule (not in MOTD!) that users must be in a certain channel while connected even if they have no interest in that channel (I just wanted to watch the announce channel).
3. The forum staff lock threads when they hear things they don't like. Great way to make progress!
4. The forum staff are liars. The mod who locked the thread said 'Not true' even though I gave logs proving otherwise.

I would make a suggestion that they stop wringing their hands and saying they can't do anything because the IRC is separate and fucking integrate the IRC but they'd probably make one reply to that thread and lock it too. I'd bitch to one of the higher staff but judging by the sort of retards they let mod the forum they'd probably just ban me.

So here it is, folks, a perfect example of how not to run an IRC server and forum -- pointless restriction of freedom of choice and censorship of valid complaints.

IPT seems to be a great tracker except when you have any negative comments about it, then no one gives a shit and actively tries to silence you. They're lucky they have such great releases or I bet no one would ever go there.

Just had to vent.

Edit: And now some mod cunt has disabled my forum access! It's obvious that they aren't interested in the opinions of the users who are responsible for the continued existence of the site and don't care to change or improve at all.

Comments

• LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited May 2011
    Most Private Trackers are set up that way. Not sure if its how the network is setup or if it's modifiable but I'm sure there is a valid reason for it. Does seem kind of pointless to be honest.

Also IRC is only worth a shit if you're watching the #pre channels where you can see what hit the Scene Top Sites, announce tells you nothing more than when it is onsite which IPT is kind of in the middle as far as pre-times are concerned. Not to mention that place is a cluster fuck with how massive it has become. It was about 110-120K when I first joined nearly 2 years ago and probably doubled since then. Place is more public than private, kinda retro Demonoid. Even with an army of staff they are constantly fucked up and I'm always finding and reporting cheaters for them. You're also bound to get some dipshit or asshole worthy staff as a result of dealing with the influx of traffic. Just on the tracker I'm currently staffing its only about 14K people and you would be fucking amazed at how many fucking n00bs and idiots come into IRC/PM onsite some of the most useless time wasting questions.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited May 2011
    Hahahah
    Rule 1 of Private Trackers: Never bitch or post in forums or communicate with staff in anyway unless you really really have too.

I just keep everything to myself and just DL and UL from time to time. IPT is a great tracker but the community isn't something you should get involved in, especially if you're a totsean. The stuff we're comfortable with, other forums would ban for in an instance.
  • JackJack Regular
    edited May 2011
    Yeah, I guess you're right. :( People generally don't give a shit like we do here. I'll keep my mouth shut from here, at least to keep you out of trouble.

okay-face.jpg