Conservatism is not opposed to progress and the future

NegrophobeNegrophobe Regular
edited June 2011 in Spurious Generalities
I believe that conservatism is not in itself inimical to scientific and technological progress. A conservative government could not slowly reform society in its image if progress was irreconcilable. The conservative would not be able to effectively remodel society without a concept of progress as a transformative agent. The true conservative believes in adapting or perishing, because our existence is governed by a crude social Darwinism where survival of the fittest is the name of the game. The conservative is first and foremost, a realist who must respond logically to the course of historical development within his own social and cultural milieu.

Conservative theory should be based on objective reality and reinforced by hard empirical data. There is no 'civilization and progress' if the only outcome is hysteria and downgoing. Government and law are worthless if their ripened harvests are men without sap.

It is a shame that referring to yourself as a conservative envokes a lot of confusion. This stems mostly from the misdefinition of classical liberalism as "conservative."

While I am a fascist and am a forward-thinking person, I firmly hold myself in a traditional heritage and political structure. I do not see conservatism and fascism in direct opposition to each other, I don't mean "conservative" in an issue-based manner but as a political structure, which we seek to modernize economically to deal with the realities of an industrial society. American "conservatives" are, by definition, classical liberals; supercapitalists who worship money as god, at the displacement of integrity, the environment, racial integrity, national pride and at the expense of causing unnecessary war and conflict.

Fascism and social conservatism (i.e: family values, heterosexualism, masculinity) do not oppose each other. Obediance, service and hard work, go hand in hand with fascism. These are fantastic, healthy ethics. However, economic conservatism is a barricade that needs to be torn down in favour of corporatism. Corporatism must be advanced.

I see fascists, such as myself, as revolutionary conservatives.

Comments

• edited June 2011
    "The true conservative believes in adapting or perishing, because our existence is governed by a crude social Darwinism where survival of the fittest is the name of the game."

So a 'true' conservative will resist progress as best he can, and only adapt to prevent himself from perishing... a sort of ideological chameleon act?... Then it seems that, yes, conservatism is opposed to progress, and that any progress occurs in spite of conservatism's influence.
  • NegrophobeNegrophobe Regular
    edited June 2011
    It depends whether you adhere to the traditionalism of Burke or the conservatism of Prince von Metternich. The latter definition states that in a constantly changing world, conservative theory should be based on objective reality and reinforced by hard empirical data. I believe in gradual change in society.
  • edited June 2011
    CONSERVATIVE VALUES:
    Hard work, strong military, strong business
    LIBERAL VALUES:
    Welfare, weak military, taxing businesses to support leeches

Most human advancements come from military technology and private enterprise
    Universities spend their time studying shit like this
  • skunkskunk Regular
    edited June 2011
    Actually conservatism is opposed to the progress and the future- it seeks to "go back" to better times (ie when women had no rights and black people were slaves).

OR you can interpret the movement as halting progress and remaining stagnant, keeping things the way they are now.

I like to call the "conservative" movement the regressives...

And no I'm not a liberal you fuckheads.
  • edited June 2011
    skunk wrote: »
    Actually conservatism is opposed to the progress and the future- it seeks to "go back" to better times (ie when women had no rights and black people were slaves).

OR you can interpret the movement as halting progress and remaining stagnant, keeping things the way they are now.

I like to call the "conservative" movement the regressives...

And no I'm not a liberal you fuckheads.

HURR DURR

progress is foreward, and good for a society
    change can be foreward or backwards, and is not necessarily good.

Recall Barack Obama's campaign slogan?
  • skunkskunk Regular
    edited June 2011
    Obama is another corrupt politician who has managed to go against pretty much every promise he made on the campaign trail. Thank jesus I didn't waste my vote on that asshat.
  • edited June 2011
    Obama is another corrupt politician who has managed to go against pretty much every promise he made on the campaign trail. Thank jesus I didn't waste my vote on that asshat.

Well aren't we a special little snowflake, I really give a fuck who some asshole on the internet voted for

P.S. you weren't old enough to vote in 08, try again in '16.
  • skunkskunk Regular
    edited June 2011
    I'm not an asshole, I'm a very nice person :(.
  • NegrophobeNegrophobe Regular
    edited June 2011

As I already said, it varies from the traditionalism of Burke or the conservatism of Prince von Metternich. It is a political and social philosophy that promotes the keeping of traditional institutions and values, and supports gradual change in society.

I will agree, when women had no rights and blacks were slaves, it was a much better time. The very progressive insistence upon the role of women within society as kitchen-helpers, house-keepers and baby-makers should not be construed as being fundamentally reactionary, especially given the dysgenic effect by poor breeding selection from females and the damage being wrought against the fabric of Western civilization today by the bearers of feminist and liberal social enlightenment. The same goes for negroes and other non-whites in regards to race-denialism, anti-racism, affirmitive action and multiculturalism (although I don't think they should be slaves, they were better off under slavery).