Gonna be homeless soon

Comments

• HelladamnleetHelladamnleet Banned
    edited July 2010
    fanglekai wrote: »
    Of course I singled out watching cable. My tv just sits there. It doesn't turn itself on. Mind control in games and movies? What are you going on about? They're entertainment. I can turn them on and off whenever I want. I can hit pause. I can watch 5 mins and never look at it again. I'm playing final fantasy vii again. Does that game control the millions of people who played it? Obviously not. You need to stop being so paranoid.

I have an Odyssey II and am posting from Macintosh Classic. I win. My tv is a 6 inch portable black and white camp tv with a crank BTW.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited July 2010
    You win?
  • TruthWielderTruthWielder Regular
    edited July 2010
    "Oh yeah, fuck the system. Goddamn capitalist trap, consumerist machine, I wont be a slave to corporat-" SHUT THE FUCK UP!

You're deciding to be trash, a waste, a drain on society, and scab on your culture, a stain in your country's payroll. Life was NOT ideal when there was no civilization you fucking ignorant tool blowhard. Why do we have grocery stores now? Because waiting all day to catch one small, bad tasting rabbit sucks a lot harder than picking up a sandwich at the deli. Living in a small wooden shack with fuck all to do besides survive and fuck your woman sucked a lot harder than the innumerable opportunities available to us everyday, poor or not. You think before there were corporations shit was free? No dumbass, you're going to pay for what you want NO MATTER WHAT. The only thing free in the world is love, and that doesn't always fill the belly.

You're fuckin mad because you don't have the comfort you want. Fine. Fuck you then. If you decide not to earn what you want then you aren't owed my sympathy. Frankly, I think you're just being a coward that's too scared to take the necessary steps involved in making his life better. Hard work and nothing else brings results my friend. I hope you learn that soon.
  • MegalodonMegalodon Regular
    edited July 2010
    They're entertainment. I can turn them on and off whenever I want. I can hit pause. I can watch 5 mins and never look at it again.

good...
    I'm playing final fantasy vii again. Does that game control the millions of people who played it? Obviously not. You need to stop being so paranoid.

Old game...a classic

"Oh yeah, fuck the system. Goddamn capitalist trap, consumerist machine, I wont be a slave to corporat-" SHUT THE FUCK UP!

You're deciding to be trash, a waste, a drain on society, and scab on your culture, a stain in your country's payroll. Life was NOT ideal when there was no civilization you fucking ignorant tool blowhard. Why do we have grocery stores now? Because waiting all day to catch one small, bad tasting rabbit sucks a lot harder than picking up a sandwich at the deli. Living in a small wooden shack with fuck all to do besides survive and fuck your woman sucked a lot harder than the innumerable opportunities available to us everyday, poor or not. You think before there were corporations shit was free? No dumbass, you're going to pay for what you want NO MATTER WHAT. The only thing free in the world is love, and that doesn't always fill the belly.

You're fuckin mad because you don't have the comfort you want. Fine. Fuck you then. If you decide not to earn what you want then you aren't owed my sympathy. Frankly, I think you're just being a coward that's too scared to take the necessary steps involved in making his life better. Hard work and nothing else brings results my friend. I hope you learn that soon.

YouMad.jpg
    edited July 2010
    You win?

I win the internetz. My setup was BAD ASS back in the day. I was the only person in my grade to have a Mac Classic with a SCSI networking card.
    edited July 2010
    I win the internetz. My setup was BAD ASS back in the day. I was the only person in my grade to have a Mac Classic with a SCSI networking card.

Yeah....I have 2 computers and a 42'' plasma. Win?
    edited July 2010
    Megalodon wrote: »
    good...

Old game...a classic

YouMad.jpg

Ok, ate, Jr. You just contradicted your earlier position of: omfg games and movies are mind control.
  • VizierVizier Regular
    edited July 2010
    Hate these kind of dirty hippies that think they can survive on the streets with just "love". You better have lots of love to avoid hypothermia, disease and the stink of a thousand hobos, little ate.

Ate talks about that shit all the time yet has a computer which he uses prolly daily and smokes weed all day long.

You better not be asking me for a quarter if I ever see you on the street.
    edited July 2010
    Te daría hasta 30 centavos, guey.
  • VizierVizier Regular
    edited July 2010
    ...pinche judio. :)
    edited July 2010
    No mames! Soy prudente con mi plata. No como este hijo de puta. Que se chingue, eh?
  • VizierVizier Regular
    edited July 2010
    Jaja, yeah, que se chingue el cabron.
  • GreenbullGreenbull Regular
    edited July 2010
    There have always been rich and the poor and by the very nature they control more of the wealth then the poorer population. What do you expect?
    edited July 2010
    By the way, you're in a shitty country if your community doesn't provide emergency housing. Stop being a lazy fuck and get a damn job.
    edited July 2010
    Vizier wrote: »
    little ate.

I'm flattered.
    Stop being a lazy fuck and get a damn job.

I have a job. I told you that already. You're obviously illiterate.
  • VizierVizier Regular
    edited July 2010
    Hurr durr ur zombies and slaves and imma throw it all away and ask fer your change on teh streetz
    edited July 2010
    Hurr durr ur zombies and slaves and imma throw it all away and ask fer your change on teh streetz

probably going to give up money all together. Unless I decide to work an oddjob on a farm or something for food money. Fuck off
    edited July 2010
    lmfao. You sound like this drugged out loser I know. He wanted to go live off the land and not deal with money and catch his own food. Yeah. Go do it. Your worldview is hilarious. You don't like money? What, should we go back to bartering? Fuck that. We have division of labor and money for a reason: it's way more efficient. Having to go around and trade grain or cattle to buy something would be beyond retarded. I like using money. It's easy. Credit cards make money electronic. I don't even have to carry it with me anymore. How awesome is that.

Get your head out of your ass. This is the way the world works, and it's not like what you think. There is no zombie mind control. Why? Because it's unnecessary. Most people are fairly content with the way things are. You do a job, you get money, you can buy shit with it. This is good. If you want to live in a shithole, go do it. I suggest you get off drugs and quit following ate for at least a month before you ruin your life, though. Voluntarily making yourself poor will fuck you up. Once you're poor and smelly, no one will give you a job. Then you will be stuck being homeless.
  • VizierVizier Regular
    edited July 2010
    What's with these neo hippies that are popping up nowadays?

Anyway if he does this whole charade of going homeless and surviving on air and shit, I say he lasts no more than a week before he wants to return home and post about it on totse. Who wants to make some bets on this?
  • xxombiexxombie Regular
    edited July 2010
    What's with these neo hippies that are popping up nowadays?

Anyway if he does this whole charade of going homeless and surviving on air and shit, I say he lasts no more than a week before he wants to return home and post about it on totse. Who wants to make some bets on this?

The way he's planning on doing it, I agree with you. You can't just go from being a regular jackoff to super-off-the-grid-homebum and be happy. Gotta ease your way into this shit son. You can learn about this shit off the interwebs, gotta go live it.
  • VizierVizier Regular
    edited July 2010
    xxombie wrote: »
    The way he's planning on doing it, I agree with you. You can't just go from being a regular jackoff to super-off-the-grid-homebum and be happy. Gotta ease your way into this shit son. You can learn about this shit off the interwebs, gotta go live it.

Yeah. It takes time and effort to become a homeless person and actually enjoy it if you're so tired of this social life with supermarkets and your own toilet.

If you're so tired of society and money and all that, don't become a scab in the streets. Start something epic, a la fight club style.
  • xxombiexxombie Regular
    edited July 2010
    Yeah. It takes time and effort to become a homeless person and actually enjoy it if you're so tired of this social life with supermarkets and your own toilet.

If you're so tired of society and money and all that, don't become a scab in the streets. Start something epic, a la fight club style.

I'd like to think of myself as more of a scabies or headlice then a scab. I have a hell of a good time doing it though.

And it's a lot easier doing something Fight Club style if you're off the grid, and you can't be off the grid when you pay bills or own a house.
  • VizierVizier Regular
    edited July 2010
    I'd like to think of myself as more of a scabies or headlice then a scab. I have a hell of a good time doing it though.

And it's a lot easier doing something Fight Club style if you're off the grid, and you can't be off the grid when you pay bills or own a house.

Yeah, but you enjoy it. You could say you grew up in or with that lifestyle. What baffles me is that a lot of seemingly normal posters began to act all weird and shit the moment ate started going mad as well.

So keep your job cuz I wanna travel around soon and someday I'll be drinking around cold Canada for a change. Not for change.
    edited July 2010
    What is with people not wanting to have a job and own a house? Do you guys like shitting in bushes and doing nothing all day?
  • xxombiexxombie Regular
    edited July 2010
    What is with people not wanting to have a job and own a house? Do you guys like shitting in bushes and doing nothing all day?

Yes.
    edited July 2010
    Yes.

What a charming existence.
  • edited July 2010
    Newsprint is your friend.
    edited July 2010
    I'm just not happy in this society. Sorry if that's so hard for some of you to understand.

I've lost my fear of death, so I don't care what happens.

I might find a library and say..hmmm...maybe I should check totse.info and see if they managed to pay the monthly fees so I can tell them that I've survived a month..or longer? who know's I might die before then according to you guys pshh

Is it really that difficult to live? eat, find a bridge to sleep under....eating would have to be the main worry I think if you've given up everything and your body is just like "I still need things!!" But I think I'll be ok.

I've known this would happen before I even recognized ate as a poster on zoklet...I don't know who he posted under on totse.....

the fuck is up with you people saying "neo" and "new age" and "hippies" and shit...
    edited July 2010
    I'm just not happy in this society. Sorry if that's so hard for some of you to understand.

I might find a library and say..hmmm...maybe I should check totse.info and see if they managed to pay the monthly fees so I can tell them that I've survived a month..or longer? who know's I might die before then according to you guys pshh

Is it really that difficult to live? eat, find a bridge to sleep under....eating would have to be the main worry I think if you've given up everything and your body is just like "I still need things!!" But I think I'll be ok.

I've known this would happen before I even recognized ate as a poster on zoklet...I don't know who he posted under on totse.....

the fuck is up with you people saying "neo" and "new age" and "hippies" and shit...

You're an idealistic sap who is so blinded by his weaknesses that he can't see how the world really works. Good luck.
  • VizierVizier Regular
    edited July 2010
    find a bridge to sleep under....

Troll detected.

Try it out, see how it goes. My bet that you'll wimp out in a week still stands.
  • Totse BotTotse Bot Banned
    edited July 2010
    Megalodon, I agree with you. I'd do it as well but I have commitments here. Maybe when I'm older I'll be homeless, I don't know.
    edited July 2010
    You're an idealistic sap who is so blinded by his weaknesses that he can't see how the world really works. Good luck.

Interesting. Good luck to you too.
    Troll detected.

Try it out, see how it goes. My bet that you'll wimp out in a week still stands.

Where will I go if I wimp out? The world will be my home soon. I can't say exactly how long until I'm homeless. Things are complicated here.
    Blunderful wrote: »
    Megalodon, I agree with you. I'd do it as well but I have commitments here. Maybe when I'm older I'll be homeless, I don't know.

How old are you?
  • GreenbullGreenbull Regular
    edited July 2010

Sounds more like you're not happy with yourself and the decisions you've made and you're trying an easy way out by denouncing society.

You're always going to be stuck in a system.
  • Totse BotTotse Bot Banned
    edited July 2010

Where will I go if I wimp out? The world will be my home soon. I can't say exactly how long until I'm homeless. Things are complicated here.

How old are you?

edited July 2010
    Blunderful wrote: »

I'm turning 20 in october :P
  • jatorjator Regular
    edited July 2010
    It may have been posted already but how exactly are you planning on obtaining food?
    edited July 2010

I don't think ate was a poster on totse.

You aren't going to find food except in trash cans. Have fun fighting with other hobos for food from garbage cans.
  • VizierVizier Regular
    edited July 2010

You aren't going to find food except in trash cans. Have fun fighting with other hobos for food from garbage cans.

ate believes Breathereanism is real. I bet this dude also believes you can survive by just breathing or staring at the sun for hours like an asshole.
    edited July 2010

He for sure was.
    edited July 2010
    He for sure was.

I don't remember any such stupidity, so he must have signed up in late '08.
    edited July 2010
    ate believes Breathereanism is real. I bet this dude also believes you can survive by just breathing or staring at the sun for hours like an asshole.

OMG you don't stare at the sun for hours every day for sustenance????
  • edited July 2010
    OMG you don't stare at the sun for hours every day for sustenance????
    Even if he is photosynthetic he'd better learn to reproduce via seed. He's gonna have one hell of a winter.
    edited July 2010
    jator wrote: »
    It may have been posted already but how exactly are you planning on obtaining food?

Well that's kind of why I made this thread, to see what you guyses suggestions is.

I'll probably have to steal a lot.
  • xxombiexxombie Regular
    edited July 2010
    What a charming existence.
    I'd say, I'm free to do whatever the fuck I want and go anywhere I want. All on someone else's dime. If I'm hungry I go sit outside of the restaurant I wanna eat from and ask someone to buy me something. If I wanna get drunk, I sit outside a Liquor Store and ask people for money. If I want smokes I ask someone who's smoking for one. If I wanna leave I'll ask people for a ride or hop on a freight train. There's no shame in asking.
    Well that's kind of why I made this thread, to see what you guyses suggestions is.

I'll probably have to steal a lot.

I steal maybe once or twice a month, if that. Seriously, just ask strangers for shit and they'll give it to you.

And I eat probably 5 times a week from drop-ins (most have either free food or full meals you can buy for crack change), free meals at churches or 'we wanna help the homeless' groups that either walk, bike or drive around looking for dirty people who look like they might need food. There's this one truck here that drives around looking for me and my friends like once a week and they serve delicious hot meals (best meal, fucking ribs).

You really need to find a good drop-in. It's a place to do laundry, shower, eat and use the phone or computer for free. Once they get to know you there's plenty of other hookups they can give you (the one I go to pays for my friends hydro bill frequently).

If you go to the right places, being homeless is a breeze.
    edited July 2010
    I'd say, I'm free to do whatever the fuck I want and go anywhere I want. All on someone else's dime. If I'm hungry I go sit outside of the restaurant I wanna eat from and ask someone to buy me something. If I wanna get drunk, I sit outside a Liquor Store and ask people for money. If I want smokes I ask someone who's smoking for one. If I wanna leave I'll ask people for a ride or hop on a freight train. There's no shame in asking.

I steal maybe once or twice a month, if that. Seriously, just ask strangers for shit and they'll give it to you.

And I eat probably 5 times a week from drop-ins (most have either free food or full meals you can buy for crack change), free meals at churches or 'we wanna help the homeless' groups that either walk, bike or drive around looking for dirty people who look like they might need food. There's this one truck here that drives around looking for me and my friends like once a week and they serve delicious hot meals (best meal, fucking ribs).

You really need to find a good drop-in. It's a place to do laundry, shower, eat and use the phone or computer for free. Once they get to know you there's plenty of other hookups they can give you (the one I go to pays for my friends hydro bill frequently).

Thanks for the helpful advice. I might have to frequent one of these drop-ins. Never heard of them before. Sounds legit.
    edited July 2010

What do you do all day? You sit around until someone gives you free shit? What a waste of time. If you had a job you could buy your own food and booze and it would probably take you less time.
  • Dog BoyDog Boy Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    Best of luck to you man. Thats all I can say.
    edited July 2010

I need you to understand, and I say this with utter sincerity, that

a. I am not better than you. No one is.

b. I don't believe I am better than you. And if I do on any level it is the result of a base prejudice due to unresolved insecurity.

and

c. "The truth knocks on the door and you say, "Go away, I'm looking for the truth," and so it goes away. Puzzling."

Please grab "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance" for your reading before you go. Also, "Zen Mind, Beginner's Mind".

http://www.amazon.com/Zen-Mind-Beginners-Shambhala-Library/dp/1590302672/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1279739488&sr=8-5

http://www.amazon.com/Zen-Art-Motorcycle-Maintenance-Inquiry/dp/0061673730/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1279739688&sr=1-1

Truly, I wish you luck with all I possess.
  • mashlehashmashlehash Regular
    edited July 2010
    When I was on community service we went to this soup kitchen that served like 20-30 homeless people food and gave them 10 lbs of free food to the people who would ask.
  • xxombiexxombie Regular
    edited July 2010
    What do you do all day? You sit around until someone gives you free shit? What a waste of time. If you had a job you could buy your own food and booze and it would probably take you less time.

A day in the life of homebum xxombie in Toronto:

6:30am - Wake up on sidewalk with a few friends to the Salvation Army truck trying to give us breakfast. Most people just yell and grumble and go back to sleep but I drag my ass out of bed and get a juice, muffin and cheese sandwich. I stash them, drink whatever booze I had leftover from the night before and go back to sleep.

8:00-9:00am - Wake up cause the sun is too damn hot. Eat juice, muffin and cheese sandwich. Go take a piss in the alley. If I don't have smokes I go find one or pick some butts. Get my sleeping bag and shit put away in my bag and go find French Columbian. He'll have beer.

9:00am-10:00am - Drink morning beer with French Columbian in front of Tim Hortons while panning also. We usually make enough for two 40's of Black Ice and we get a few breakfast sandwich kickdowns.

10:00am (Beer o'clock) - The beer store is finally open. We gather our spange and grab the shopping cart full of empties. There's usually about four of us and we'll have enough for a couple tall cans and 40's which we'll spin (pass around sip by sip).

11:30am - The Meeting Place (local drop in) opens. I usually head over there for a five cent coffee and sit and check facebook and shit.

12:00am - At this point I usually go pan on my own (cause girls make more money). I walk down to Taco Bell with my 'I <3 TACOS' sign and wait.

2-3pm - By now I've probably got about $20 (at the very least) and a couple Taco Bell kickdowns. I head back into town and get a couple liters of Wine and a pack of reserve smokes.

4:00pm - Find my fishing buddy. (Fishing is a kind of panning where you sit with a fishing pole with a cup tied to the end and sit and drink and harass people and talk like a pirate). Take the streetcar down past Queen and Spadina and find a good spot. We sit, get loaded and talk like pirates while people give us money.

6:00pm - After we make enough for a case of beer, a pack of smokes and some food we head back downtown. From around this time on we either go sit at the 'party house' and drink with people or go to the park and drink with people (there's usually around 20 people drinking in the park every night).

11:00pm - Time to go swimming. There's a pool in the park we hang out in with a big hole in the fence and everyone (yuppies included) go swimming there. We all get loaded and show up and throw our dogs in the pool and get naked and scare all the yuppies away.

1-2pm - Wander drunk somewhere and find a spot to sleep with some people.

It's actually quite a busy day.