Something cool fell into my lap today.

MasturbatronMasturbatron Regular
edited November 2011 in Man Cave
I live in a pretty large apartment complex. Today I walked downstairs to go and get some food when I noticed a big ass ring of keys laying on the mailboxes unattended. Upon closer inspection....it was the maintenance keyring, equipped with a whole fuck load of apartment and mailbox keys...which is now in my possession. Now, I'm not necessarily going to do anything with them, but I at least figured they're better off in my hands than in the hands of some of the people that live around here.

I was still curious though...what would totse do, given this situation? I don't have a way to place which key goes to which door...but I am positive they are apartment/mailbox keys, probably just to this building.

Hm...

Comments

• edited July 2011
    What would I do...? I think the answer is obvious! I'd stick them into my rectal passage.

If you don't want to arise any suspicions at all, go and get the keys cut and duplicated so you have your own set. You can then hand the keys back to the owner. Totsean style though, I think you should just go and unlock those doors and see what's behind them! With pictures if you dare.
  • DaSkipperDaSkipper Regular
    edited July 2011
    Study the tenants first then go in the place.
  • RogueEagle91RogueEagle91 Regular
    edited July 2011
    Definitely get copies of everything.
    Watch your neighbors and figure out when they get their mail and which ones look like they'd get cash mailed to 'em.
    I think you can figure out the rest.
  • edited July 2011
    Go into people's apartments and shit in their driers while they're at work.
  • PacoPaco me administrator
    edited July 2011
    I am going to have to agree with the posters above me. Making copies of the keys is the best plan of action. That way the keys won't be reported missing and you don't have to worry about any locks being changed.
  • ChupaloChupalo Regular
    edited July 2011
    Most companies use the "DO NOT DUPLICATE" labeled keys, so you'll have to find a crooked locksmith to do it. You can also try putting labels over the do not duplicate part, but still a lot of locksmiths refuse to copy keys that have labels on them until they are removed.

Also, you need to copy and give the keys back as soon as possible. The more time that passes, the more likely they will be to go ahead and change the locks.
  • edited July 2011
    Chupalo wrote: »
    Most companies use the "DO NOT DUPLICATE" labeled keys, so you'll have to find a crooked locksmith to do it. You can also try putting labels over the do not duplicate part, but still a lot of locksmiths refuse to copy keys that have labels on them until they are removed.

Also, you need to copy and give the keys back as soon as possible. The more time that passes, the more likely they will be to go ahead and change the locks.

What are keys made of? Would it be possible to just grind the DO NOT DUPLICATE part off and then give it to the locksmith? Also, you could put a label over it which says DO NOT REMOVE :D
  • GoingNowhereGoingNowhere Global Moderator
    edited July 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    What are keys made of? Would it be possible to just grind the DO NOT DUPLICATE part off and then give it to the locksmith? Also, you could put a label over it which says DO NOT REMOVE :D

True but when you hand them back the keys they will notice a difference! Masturbatron, are those keys labeled DO NOT DUPLICATE?

And congrats Masturbatron on having the devils post count lol (666)
  • DannyOceanDannyOcean New Arrival
    edited November 2011
    Be aware though, often keys by companies like Medico have to be ordered directly from the company. Good luck getting ahold of a blank key.
  • ThirdRockFromTheSunThirdRockFromTheSun <b style="color:blue;">Third<em style="color:pink;">Cock</em>FromThe<em style="color:brown;">Bum</em
    edited November 2011
    If there was a lady friend I had in the building, I would wait until I knew she was near her front door, use the keys to open it, and open the door and saunter in and look like a bad-ass

Either that, or a creepy stalker. It would give me a nice mysterious look.
  • SpinsterSpinster Regular
    edited November 2011
    haha I'v been down this road.

same situation, me and my mates found some keys at school. we ripped off the master key and turfed the rest. (why the fuck dos a groundsman have twenty keys when him only needs one?) we went into some computer labs during interval and play halo 1, doom, quake etc using lan. we thought about getting the key cut but we realised it was a surcurity key so not really possible. then a few days after we found them we noticed some locksmith van popping up around the school. oh fuck. later that day we were dragged away while attempting to catch the school bus.
    then they (deputy pricipals) split us up and questioned us, but they wouldn't let on why we were there. I think it was because they wanted us to admit more to them than they knew. so my mate gave them all the details right off the bat. I sat in that room for a good hour and a half:D then i started talking when I knew exactly why I was brought there.

long story short we cost my high school $14,000 and earned one week suspention :rolleyes: to be honest I wouldnt bother unless you could quickly reproduce the master key and return them to the place were you found them.

Oh another thing we were going to do was sell them. this would pan out the best I think.
  • LexDevilLexDevil Semo-Regulars
    edited November 2011
    Keys can be reproduced without actually having the original with you to take into a hardware store/locksmith.

Lots of things can be used to create an impression of the key, even your wrist, which can be very handy
    if you have only have access to the key for a few seconds.

If you have never tried it, push a key against the soft, inside part of your wrist for about 10 - 20 seconds,
    it will leave an impression showing all the different 'bitting depths, which should last for about 10 minutes or more.

This can then be measured when you are in a more praivate place, you will have to know what sort of key it is though
    as different makes have different keyways.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited November 2011
    ^Yeah, good luck getting a working key with that move there Danny Ocean.
  • white88enochianwhite88enochian Regular
    edited November 2011
    dont take the mail thats a fellony i learned that the hardway and almost went to prison