So, where do you work?

STRAIGHTUPGANGSSTRAIGHTUPGANGS New Arrival
edited July 2011 in Life
Just wondering, I just got my first job. Im gonna be working at Wendys. Well if I pass a drug test, which I should.:D

Comments

• duuudeduuude Regular
    edited July 2011
    I'm currently cleaning dumpsters.
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited July 2011
    I work @ a place called "Nothing All Day" ...... I'm the boss
  • jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited July 2011
    My first job was McDonalds. Hated it with a passion so I quit there in 08. I havent found a job sense then. Job market right now is so fucking shitty. Plus i have school 9 months out of the year and college life hardly has time for a job. i will get one when I am done.
  • LethargicaLethargica Regular
    edited July 2011
    I can work everywhere and anywhere i chose..but i work at home most of the time..
    edited July 2011
    I used to work at a party rental place, going out and setting up those big white tents and shit, then coming back later to take it all down again. I just quit that job to be a drunk, fish and shoot shit until college starts again in a month :thumbsup:
    I use to hire out those marquees and sometimes go out & help put them up. I liked the setting up part. :thumbsup:
  • jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited July 2011
    I used to work at a party rental place, going out and setting up those big white tents and shit, then coming back later to take it all down again. I just quit that job to be a drunk, fish and shoot shit until college starts again in a month :thumbsup:

I thought you just started working again.
  • RogueEagle91RogueEagle91 Regular
    edited July 2011
    First job was at a grocery store. Baker's around here, Kroger/Dillon's depending on what part of the country you're in.
    Total shit job.
    Presently, I sell shit on ebay for people, work in a stringed instrumet repair shop, and run my own little shop doing the same out of my house.
    Unfortunately, business for all of the above is shit, so I'm waiting on a handful of places to get back to me.
    The most promising one is in Nashville.
    Hooray moving.
  • StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited July 2011
    I work EVERYWHERE in the USA. Seriously I travel constantly and am usually in or near any random major city or on an interstate but sometimes even county roads made of gravel.
    edited July 2011
    I work EVERYWHERE in the USA. Seriously I travel constantly and am usually in or near any random major city or on an interstate but sometimes even county roads made of gravel.
    You sell brushes??
  • DaSkipperDaSkipper Regular
    edited July 2011

Doing what? I want this
  • PsychotogenPsychotogen Regular
    edited July 2011
    Just wondering, I just got my first job. Im gonna be working at Wendys. Well if I pass a drug test, which I should.:D

They drug test at Wendy's now? That used to be the only reason to work at those places. Because, they'd let you come in trashed every day.

edit: oh yeah, I'm sous chef at an ocean front restaurant. I like it. Been there almost 5 years.
  • StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited July 2011
    DaSkipper, BK:

I work in freelance expedite. To put it plainly I am a trucker with areally really big van instead of a big rig. If you want this job buy yourself a Dodge Sprinter. It doesn't have to be brand new but you can run for more companies if it is. Once you have one pm me and I'll tell you a couple of good companies to get runs from.
    edited July 2011
    DaSkipper, BK:I work in freelance expedite. To put it plainly I am a trucker with areally really big van instead of a big rig. If you want this job buy yourself a Dodge Sprinter. It doesn't have to be brand new but you can run for more companies if it is. Once you have one pm me and I'll tell you a couple of good companies to get runs from.
    Sounds like a sweet number, but it's outta my zone. :(
    Thanks for the offer though bro. :)
  • STRAIGHTUPGANGSSTRAIGHTUPGANGS New Arrival
    edited July 2011
    They drug test at Wendy's now? That used to be the only reason to work at those places. Because, they'd let you come in trashed every day.

edit: oh yeah, I'm sous chef at an ocean front restaurant. I like it. Been there almost 5 years.

Yea, its bullshit. I'm pretty sure I'll pass but the test results come back monday so I'm nervous as fuck. I did some ritalin and valium about a week before the test but I dont smoke weed and I drank a fuckton of water for like 3 days straight, my piss was about pure water.
  • edited July 2011
    I don't have a job at the moment, but I should probably get one. Not having any money really sucks dick, but so does sitting at home all day doing nothing.
    edited July 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    I don't have a job at the moment, but I should probably get one. Not having any money really sucks dick, but so does sitting at home all day doing nothing.
    I'm quite lucky sorta. I work from home.
    Gets a little boring sometimes. When it reaches that stage, I jump in my car and fuck off anywhere but here for a few hours.
  • MordFustangMordFustang Regular
    edited July 2011
    I am the property of the U.S. government. Ooh ya Navy.:facepalm:
  • edited July 2011
    they drug test at wendys LOL. shoulda went to micky Ds bruh
  • PsychotogenPsychotogen Regular
    edited July 2011
    Yea, its bullshit. I'm pretty sure I'll pass but the test results come back monday so I'm nervous as fuck. I did some ritalin and valium about a week before the test but I dont smoke weed and I drank a fuckton of water for like 3 days straight, my piss was about pure water.

I thought that was considered "diluted" which is not a pass. Don't they make you re-test. Well, I guess as long as you stay clean till you pass one you'll be alright. Good luck.. Oh and don't work the register that shit sucks. You should work the grill and make everyone call you sponge bob.
  • edited July 2011
    Im at least 5 years older than most of you - my first job was at macdonalds, but that was but a small stain on the glorious footnote of my esteemed career.

I managed to hustle my way into senior management at a carbon trading firm. Its a growth industry and im loving this shit.

Remember kids - you can do it too!
  • edited July 2011
    ^ How old are you? I don't think you're as old as our more... senior members. It's cool that you can work your way up the ranks in work - one of my friends just started right at the bottom and plans to work his way up the chain, which is a cool idea I think.
  • edited July 2011
    amazon warehouse
  • Dr. AwkwardDr. Awkward Regular
    edited July 2011
    I've been looking for a job unsucessfully for weeks. I eat by playing guitar on the street once and a while.
  • edited July 2011
    I've been looking for a job unsucessfully for weeks. I eat by playing guitar on the street once and a while.

i'd throw a handful of pennies at your face then stomp your guitar you poor ass faggot
    edited July 2011
    There's apparently good money in that...ya?
    I've thought about doing that, something different you know?
  • edited July 2011
    lol good money in playing shitty music on a street corner. fuckin idiot
    edited July 2011
    bornkiller wrote: »
    There's apparently good money in that...ya?
    I've thought about doing that, something different you know?

Yeah, especially if you pick the right place. Like this is a college town and there's a street very popular with students for eating/shopping, around six at night it's full of people walking around looking to spend money or who have change from just spending money. There are a lot of bus that just sit on a corner and yell "Change! change!", people are much more likely to give it to a clean looking kid singing and playing guitar with a case open.

They money isn't great, but i don't do it for that long. I could probably spend all day going to different spots in the town, but, meh. I can easily make $4-5 in a go which is enough for some soup, a loaf of day old bread, two apples, and two pints of beer, which is pretty much my daily diet.
  • mafiabromafiabro Regular
    edited July 2011
    Autobody shop for 8 bucks an hour under the table
  • MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
    edited July 2011
    i work for a buzz quite often.. jobs r 4 suckers :o
    edited July 2011
    Yeah, especially if you pick the right place. Like this is a college town and there's a street very popular with students for eating/shopping, around six at night it's full of people walking around looking to spend money or who have change from just spending money. There are a lot of bus that just sit on a corner and yell "Change! change!", people are much more likely to give it to a clean looking kid singing and playing guitar with a case open.

They money isn't great, but i don't do it for that long. I could probably spend all day going to different spots in the town, but, meh. I can easily make $4-5 in a go which is enough for some soup, a loaf of day old bread, two apples, and two pints of beer, which is pretty much my daily diet.
    I was talking to a busker in this small township of mine who said he made roughly $70 in about 2 hrs. It looked like he had that in his case in loose change & small notes.
    He reckoned he can make 250 to 400 hundy in about 4hrs in the city.
    No vocals, just guitar. His talent was ok but not great. Sounds like a good earn and promotes himself.
  • Sarahlov3lySarahlov3ly Regular
    edited July 2011
    newly unemployed by choice. Ive got some money saved up and am ready to start school next month
    edited July 2011
    I was talking to a busker in this small township of mine who said he made roughly $70 in about 2 hrs. It looked like he had that in his case in loose change & small notes.
    He reckoned he can make 250 to 400 hundy in about 4hrs in the city.
    No vocals, just guitar. His talent was ok but not great. Sounds like a good earn and promotes himself.

Wow! Yeah especially in a city I wouldn't be surprised... My friends and I drive down to NYC every few weekends to get coke and shit, next time I seriously think I'll post up with my guitar in a metro station for a few hours :o
  • tachosomozatachosomoza Regular
    edited July 2011
    I work part time as a janitor. :hai:

We can make more than you think.
  • edited July 2011
    I reckon the real money would come from getting a few friends together, and forming a street band. It's just like playing a normal band but you do it in the street instead of at proper venues. I think this would attract some attention and probably get some good money, although you have to split it afterwards :(
    edited July 2011
    I reckon the real money would come from getting a few friends together, and forming a street band. It's just like playing a normal band but you do it in the street instead of at proper venues. I think this would attract some attention and probably get some good money, although you have to split it afterwards :(
    "Violent Fems" started life as buskers. So did The "John Butler Trio"
  • edited July 2011
    ^ How old are you? I don't think you're as old as our more... senior members. It's cool that you can work your way up the ranks in work - one of my friends just started right at the bottom and plans to work his way up the chain, which is a cool idea I think.

Im mid twenties.

You do it by leveraging positions.

If your in a job and you think you can do what your boss does - go talk to competitors.
  • MegaKushMegaKush Regular
    edited July 2011
    Lol they drug test u at wendys
  • STRAIGHTUPGANGSSTRAIGHTUPGANGS New Arrival
    edited July 2011
    Yep, I officially got the job today, so now ITS FUCKING PARTY TIME NIGGAS!!!!!!!!
    edited July 2011
    Yep, I officially got the job today, so now ITS FUCKING PARTY TIME NIGGAS!!!!!!!!
    Congratz!
  • LysdexicLysdexic Regular
    edited July 2011
    I work in a food factory.
    12 hour shifts, 5 days on 5 days off.

I like it and the pay is good (£25k).
  • EchidnaEchidna Regular
    edited July 2011
    Fuck me I would give up two months of my life for 10k
    edited July 2011
    Holy fuck shit goddamn.
    Would have started a thread about this, but not sure there'd be much discussion.
    Next Thursday I've got an interview in Nashville for a position in Gibson USA's manufacturing division.
    People WILL pay me to build guitars, goddamnit!
    I swear they will!
    edited July 2011
    Holy fuck shit goddamn.Would have started a thread about this, but not sure there'd be much discussion.Next Thursday I've got an interview in Nashville for a position in Gibson USA's manufacturing division.People WILL pay me to build guitars, goddamnit!I swear they will!
    Living the dream bro.....:) I use to chat to a dude @ zoiklet who was supposedly an ex employee of fender. He knew his shit when it came to guitar related stuff. If I needed info on amps, pedals or guitars I'd just purchased. I'd PM him for information.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited July 2011
    Just got £15 from some Irish Pikeys for helping them do a driveway. Achey back and blistered fingers but fuck it :)
  • jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited July 2011

I know a few people that play covers at the bars. Mostly classic rock and what not with a mix of more recent material such as new alice but you really dont make a lot unless you are in the right location. Around where I live you cant even come close to making a living off of it but if its what you love to do it is still most definitely a fun way to spend your weekends.
    edited July 2011
    Living the dream bro.....:) I use to chat to a dude @ zoiklet who was supposedly an ex employee of fender. He knew his shit when it came to guitar related stuff. If I needed info on amps, pedals or guitars I'd just purchased. I'd PM him for information.

I might not post in R&R that much, but feel free to shoot me any questions you might have. Been doing this on some scale for 6 years. Though I will admit I have things to learn, i'm quite confident in my abilities.
    edited July 2011
    I might not post in R&R that much, but feel free to shoot me any questions you might have. Been doing this on some scale for 6 years. Though I will admit I have things to learn, i'm quite confident in my abilities.
    Thanks bro! I'll take you up on that offer when needed. :)
  • LysdexicLysdexic Regular
    edited July 2011
    RemadE wrote: »
    Just got £15 from some Irish Pikeys for helping them do a driveway. Achey back and blistered fingers but fuck it :)

When I first moved to the UK and was an illegal imigrant I worked for a pikey.
    The pay was £150 a week, a small fortune in my old country. If I worked 40 hours a week it would have been £3.75 an hour but generally I worked alot more for the same money.
    Fuck doing that now, couldnt even pay my rent on that.