holy shit time to have digital orgasms

EchidnaEchidna Regular
edited July 2011 in Spurious Generalities
Alright I was gonna pose this question on Facebook but none of my friends are nerds or know what an emulator is. I just got fpse, a playstation 1 emulator working on my phone. Overclocked at 1.43ghz my shit can handle anything. I already have:
Final fantasy vii
Final fantasy ix
Treasures of the Deep

Suikodin looks like shit, fuck vagrant story, dragon seeds, or old style rpgs like ffiv or something. I can't play monster rancher games due to disc swap.

Actually fuck idk what I'll do when I finish disc 1 on ffvii...

Alright also I am not playing siphon filter, metal gear solid, or gran turismo, need for speed, or ehh whatever. I'm really trying to give a fuck about my own thread right now. I just played ffvii for like 5 hours followed by a WOW clone called Order&Chaos then watched Captain America on bootleg. Which was pretty fucking sweet besides not having clear audio.

Also I watched Stake Land (2010), Code 46 (2003), and Horrible Bosses (2011) which were all totally unrelated in genre but totally kickass in general. Most brutal opening scene I've seen thus far was in Stake Land.

On to the next point, Android phones. You need to get one. The only thing I haven't been able to do so far is print from one or stream through DLNA. Also, it's stock browser is great but cannot handle most file containers/types as downloads. Say you downloaded '3dgame.apk' it would automatically change it to like, file.htm or download.bin . Yeah you can rename it, but it corrupts sometimes. Also I haven't found a good weather app that does hourly forecasts. Even though weather is pretty damn unpredictable.

Yeah I'm not on coke, just winding down.

Oh yeah here's lil ol me on friday.
vpxcuh.jpg

Comments

• edited July 2011
    Thats cool, but unless you can mount another image without rebooting, it's useless for a lot of the multiple disc RPG's like FF. What does it use for a virtual joystick? If you could post a screenshot of FF7 I would be grateful (I guess I mean a photo of your phone running the emulator). I am thinking of getting an android phone, and if I can use it to play some ps1 classics, that would be a selling point. I am not a big fan of 'do everything, poorly' multi-purpose phones, but I can get one cheap right now.

Hope your comedown is not too rough.
  • EchidnaEchidna Regular
    edited July 2011
    2dbkv3m.png

i27f3l.png

o8aowl.png

Landscape, 480x800 wvga 4.3" screen
  • edited July 2011
    how do you overclock a phone
  • EchidnaEchidna Regular
    edited July 2011
    Gain root access, flash a new kernal that allows overclocking, download setcpu from Android market, then adjust clock speed. If you are interested check out the XDA developers forum and locate your phone specific subforum.

I have an HTC Inspire, I've written all these replies from it, including screenshot taking and uploading. Stock 1ghz single core chip overclocked at up to 1.6ghz, but it gets hot. Up to 130F. While gaming though it hits around 105-112F and I turn the screen off and let it sit at 200mhz to cool down. 89-95F most of the time.
  • edited July 2011
    No shit! Thanks for the screen shots! That looks cool as fuck, of course I have a dozen more questions now, but I'll figure out what I can myself and save them for later. My low end laptop chokes on all the ps1 emulators I have tried, more of a jumped up netbook than a real system, damn I want to play tenchu and FF8 again now.
  • edited July 2011
    That's fucking awesome. I was thinking about overclocking my HTC Desire but I don't want to break shit just yet. Plus, I don't fancy flashing a new kernel just yet either. Looks very promising though, I think I'll have a crack at this in the future :)
  • EchidnaEchidna Regular
    edited July 2011
    No shit! Thanks for the screen shots! That looks cool as fuck, of course I have a dozen more questions now, but I'll figure out what I can myself and save them for later. My low end laptop chokes on all the ps1 emulators I have tried, more of a jumped up netbook than a real system, damn I want to play tenchu and FF8 again now.

I had a dell tower from 2004 with a 2.2 ghz p4 and it ran games shitty too. Phones are out of control with tech leaps. My phone will be considered out of date by September, even though it came out in February. Anyway if you have more questions or want more screen shots let me know.
    trx100 wrote: »
    That's fucking awesome. I was thinking about overclocking my HTC Desire but I don't want to break shit just yet. Plus, I don't fancy flashing a new kernel just yet either. Looks very promising though, I think I'll have a crack at this in the future :)

I waited a month before I rooted and flashed a custom Rom. Let me tell you, its like getting a brand new phone. There isn't any need for terminal code or anything like that anymore, its all automated and sometimes simple as one click. As for flashing a new rom, all you have to do is download it to your SD card, restart your phone to its bootloader (think safe mode) and press install.

Check out XDA @ http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=809328
    Also for the paid apps for free, http://forum.mobilism.org/viewforum.php?f=398
  • edited July 2011
    ^ Yeah I know all about Flashing, I even wrote a guide on it :) I just don't fancy flashing again yet as I only just got my current ROM and I love it :D I flashed the Gingerbread V3 ROM onto my HTC Desire. But yeah, in the future when I flash a new one then I'll definitely look into overclocking.
  • GoingNowhereGoingNowhere Global Moderator
    edited July 2011
    Aye, Im running Final Fantasy games as well using the emulator. Pretty awesome if I may say so, only thing is sometimes the picture does go black (very rarely).
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited July 2011
    NIGGUH WAT? You got Playstation games on yo' phone?! Ok, can the weeks hurry the fuck up so I can get my HTC Desire? Gonna be researching this like an Autistic Kid until I next visit Vodafone.
  • edited July 2011
    RemadE wrote: »
    NIGGUH WAT? You got Playstation games on yo' phone?! Ok, can the weeks hurry the fuck up so I can get my HTC Desire? Gonna be researching this like an Autistic Kid until I next visit Vodafone.

There's nothing to it :) Learn how to root your phone, learn how to flash it (read mah guide, or talk to me) and then install your custom OS and install your games.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited July 2011
    Just downloaded an Android App bumper kit to look through and research, and I've looked at your guide a few times and made notes, so as soon as my phone is repaired I'm ordering the HTC. A new way to rip off your carrier: have your phone insured, send it off for repair, get a new one back and a few days later - upgrade! Effectively 2 new phones :D
  • LethargicaLethargica Regular
    edited July 2011
    TREASURES OF THE DEEP!!! love that game!!
  • EchidnaEchidna Regular
    edited July 2011
    Lethargica wrote: »
    TREASURES OF THE DEEP!!! love that game!!

I played it on a demo disc i got with my playstation in 1997 and spent years trying to find it. More than a decade later and I'm shooting mantarays and buying the subs you couldn't get in the demo.

Anyone have suggestions for ps1 games I should play? I have a weird OCD about completion in games and I don't even enjoy playing ffvii because I'm constantly checking guides to make sure I didn't miss anything. I'm starting a new file one ffix atm, but looking for Korean type rpgs. Idk if there's much on the ps1 as there was on ps2. I'm talking games like alterier iris.
  • LethargicaLethargica Regular
    edited July 2011
    If you love RPG's then i am almost certain you will like Wild Arms 1 rated best game of the year in 1996 :)