What do you do at night?

EchidnaEchidna Regular
edited July 2011 in Spurious Generalities
I've always been a night owl, when I was a young boy i would have nightmares everynight and I would stay up reading or playing crossword and word find puzzles. Later throughout highschool I worked overnight at toys r us unloading trucks. The summer after I lifeguarded and partied all night. Later I pulled allnighters in college, now work in bars and usually have to stay up anyway.

I've always enjoyed the nighttime and my body responds accordingly. I like the dark (no emo), no traffic, people generally dressed better-save for Walmart. I am a man of the night.

So with that backstory told, I wonder what others preoccupy their night with. If I am not working or out at bars/clubs these are the things I do as of late.

Play with my cat, including combing his fur. I have him on my sleep schedule.
Laundry, the sound has always been soothing. Same with vacuuming.
Watch movies and play games. Most movie releases are done after 11pm so I catch them. I get a pretty good video game sesh going at some point. Whether its mobile or ps2.
General cleaning and hygiene with the exeption of shaving which I only do immediately before I go out.
Check Facebook as I do throughout the day and catch all the news on websites like engadget and geekologie. Also check newgrounds.com and game websites (mod at some game wikis).
Check for major torrent releases, new apps, and shit like that. Also check my XDA forum, gamefaqs.
Then finally I check totse and do my best to contribute.

Albeit that was a bit thorough, I'm buying time because ran through my nightly routine and am holding off on watching Your Highness(2011). I already fell asleep twice watching it.

Comments

• edited July 2011
    I always get pissed off that the night-time doesn't last for long enough. I think days should be like, 30 hours or something, just because I never get enough time to do things at night. I'd stay up on Totse for another few hours if the days were much longer, but I usually go to sleep at about 1am just because I don't want to waste my day away the next morning.

As for activities at night - I usually just post on Totse, chat in IRC and either play games if I'm on Windows, or get Totse some backlinks if I'm on Linux. Other than that, I'll be reading something, or learning stuff. Last night I stayed up till 2am learning about VBulletin SQL Injection vulnerabilities in VBulletin 4 :D (Don't worry, we're patched.)
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited July 2011
    I'm mostly the night sort at University as I have my self contained room which means I can do as I wish. I hope that next year I will read more, but as of the last 2 years I have mostly played online stuff, checked &T, researched work etc or played xbox. Other than that, I usually wait until 2am to then experiment with psychedelic drugs, and then sleep until 10am the next day.
    Right now, at home, I just use the night to do things I didn't have time to in the day. Some nights I'll go to bed as early as 10pm, or as "early" as 4am depending on if I'm tired, have work to do, or am just hyper.