Westboro Baptist Protests Against Lady Gaga

ILTST9ILTST9 Regular
edited July 2010 in Spurious Generalities
Well, they say that the Devil has all the best musicians, but that does not seem to equate with the usual cavalcade of miscreants who seem to believe that the only people God loves is them. Westboro Baptist Church sent a contingency of. . .three people? maybe four?. . .to protest at a recent concert given by Lady Gaga. The church followers who seem to have an absolute fixation on people’s sexuality stood outside the Scottrade Center in St. Louis to protest against the singer. One held up a sign equating the Gulf oil spill with being a curse from God. Of course, the fact that it was BP’s horrific safety record and their shoddy work that caused it seems to not be part of that equation. One sign said that “God is your enemy”.

Lady Gaga issued a statement regarding these protestors to her loyal fans. “At the risk of drawing attention to a hateful organization, I would like to make my… fans aware of a protest being held outside the [concert] in St. Louis tonight. . . My request to [fans] and public authorites[sic] is to pay these hate criminals no mind. Do not interact with them, or try to fight. … Do not respond to any of their provocation. Don’t waste your words, or feelings, no matter what you hear or see you are more fortunate and blessed than they are, and in your heart just pray for them,” she said via Facebook.

Fred Phelps’ church stated via its website “We … warn this little false prophetess and all of her over-indulged sycophants that they are each one, individually heading straight to hell in a gender-confused, self-loathing, tone-deaf hand basket.”

Lady Gaga’s fans have started trending ‘#GodLovesGaga’ on Twitter.

The protest probably began because of Lady Gaga’s pro-LGBT stances. Then again, Phelps and company never have really had to have an excuse to go out there and picket anyone.

In the end it was four protesters. One shy person was behind a lamp post.
http://lezgetreal.com/2010/07/westboro-baptist-protests-against-lady-gaga/

lol

Comments