Cowboys and Aliens

DarkhunterDarkhunter Regular
edited August 2011 in Spurious Generalities

Sheriff Taggart is my favorite character in the graphic novel and his performance by Keith Carradine was truly stunning. Any else see this awesome movie?

Comments

• Mudokon FarmerMudokon Farmer Acolyte
    edited August 2011
    My friend Bill, who saw this film with me, absolutely loved Taggart as well.
  • edited August 2011
    We were talking about this movie in Skype yesterday. It looks really crummy and it's pretty lame idea in my opinion, and I really don't think that cowboys and aliens go well together at all.
  • DarkhunterDarkhunter Regular
    edited August 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    We were talking about this movie in Skype yesterday. It looks really crummy and it's pretty lame idea in my opinion, and I really don't think that cowboys and aliens go well together at all.

Shame really. It looked like shit to me as well but since I read the graphic novel I wanted to see how Carradine portrayed my favorite character and I must say I wasn't disappointed. Maybe nostalgia got the best of me with relating to something I had seen years ago brought to life but Carradine took the role of Sheriff Taggart and made it his own.
  • edited August 2011
    Maybe I'll check it out then. I have to admit, I've only seen the trailer for it and I haven't actually read any reviews other than the posts in this thread, so maybe I'm missing out. Then again, if I didn't like the trailer then I don't usually see the movie. Maybe this will be an exception!
    edited August 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    Maybe I'll check it out then. I have to admit, I've only seen the trailer for it and I haven't actually read any reviews other than the posts in this thread, so maybe I'm missing out. Then again, if I didn't like the trailer then I don't usually see the movie. Maybe this will be an exception!

If anything Netflix it so when it comes out on DVD you can get if for cheap or look for it in alternative ways.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited August 2011
    Ahahahahah Sheriff Taggart... I Will have to watch it now just to see if Sheriff Taggart Will save the day.
    edited August 2011
    Ahahahahah Sheriff Taggart... I Will have to watch it now just to see if Sheriff Taggart Will save the day.

I will not spoil the surprise of knowing the answer to whether or not Sheriff Taggart saves the day. Its a great movie though.