Question for EMTs/first responders

JackJack Regular
edited July 2010 in Life
I recently bought a key fob with "O POS" embroidered onto the hook-and-loop belt fastener. While researching it online (after buying it, funnily enough), I found one forum post saying that first responders don't care what I think my blood type is and will give O NEG until I'm typed. Is this true? Do first responders consider things such as this key fob or medical bracelets listing blood type? If not, perhaps I should blacken the blood type text so I don't look like one of those douches who stick REMOVE BEFORE FLIGHT tags all over their crap. Reference: http://www.vtarmynavy.com/blood-type-key-chain.htm

Comments

• SpookSpook Regular
    edited July 2010
    It shouldn't matter that much, but blacken it out if you're that worried about it. Should be fine.

Why do you need to wear it anyway ? :confused:

I think this might belong elsewhere, too.
  • JackJack Regular
    edited July 2010
    Yeah, it's hard to decide where this one should go. I guess a mod will move it if needed.

I don't *need* to wear it, but I was getting a new outfit at the military surplus store and I wanted to get something better matching than a purple carabiner to keep my keys on. I figured labeling myself by blood type might help in case I'm ever maimed or whatever. Not like it really matters.
  • SpookSpook Regular
    edited July 2010
    Jack wrote: »
    Yeah, it's hard to decide where this one should go. I guess a mod will move it if needed.

I don't *need* to wear it, but I was getting a new outfit at the military surplus store and I wanted to get something better matching than a purple carabiner to keep my keys on. I figured labeling myself by blood type might help in case I'm ever maimed or whatever. Not like it really matters.

Well, you should probably keep that information in your wallet near your ID instead, I think they're more likely to check there first. Depends where you are though, but yeah. Maybe embroider a little blood drop design or something on it just to make sure ? I mean, you're already wearing it for just in case purposes haha. That clip looks pretty damn strong though.