Unmerge news, politics and all other forums, please

NegrophobeNegrophobe Regular
edited October 2011 in Help and Suggestions
That's one of the primary reasons why I've stopped posting here as often as I did, that and because life got busier again. It looks a complete cluttered mess and it makes no sense to merge sections such as news with politics, humanities with education etc.

Can you put the forums back to the way they were? I believe it's put people off joining, staying and posting in those sections since they were merged. Of all forums to merge, these are the worst possible ones to be merged with each other.

Comments

• Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited September 2011
    You have stated this several times and while I am neither agreeing or disagreeing with you at this point I must ask a couple of questions.
    • How would you handle the low traffic forums that were merged? In other words what would you do differently to remove the perception that be presented by a half a dozen or more relatively unused forums?
    • Do you have a better plan for the merging of the low traffic forums? In other words, assuming you support the merging of any forums at all, which low traffic forums would you have merged with which higher traffic forums?
  • NegrophobeNegrophobe Regular
    edited October 2011
    I'm not for the merging of any of the forums, it creates a lot of clutter and makes finding threads to discuss certain topics a lot more difficult and annoying to do so. If a forum has low traffic, so be it, unless of course it has no new posts or threads within over a year in which case considerations of a merger into a very similar forum should be had or the forum should just be scrapped completely. Low traffic can simply be stopped by more textfiles/guides being written and posted up on reddit, stumbleupon, digg etc. or just finding forums that specialize in that subject and posting it there, with a link back to totse. The possibilities are endless.

I don't see what good there could ever be by merging the news forum with the politics and the religious with the humanities, they already had significant amounts of traffic in proportion to the amount of active members that were here.
    edited October 2011
    So in other words you have no alternative suggestion to the problem of low traffic forums. How is this a suggestion?
  • NegrophobeNegrophobe Regular
    edited October 2011
    It's a suggestion to get rid of and stop the cluttered mess in the merged forums, not about the problem of "low traffic" forums which is not much of a problem.
    edited October 2011
    Negrophobe wrote: »
    It's a suggestion to get rid of and stop the cluttered mess in the merged forums, not about the problem of "low traffic" forums which is not much of a problem.

Many others viewed the low traffic forums issue as a problem. Simply stating it is not a problem neither makes it a not a problem or a problem. If you have a suggestion other than to undo a decision that was arrived at by a consensus simply becasue it doesn't meet your approval then by all means let's hear it.

But to simply suggest that something should be done because it does not fit your needs or wishes is not really a suggestion it os more a bitch IMO. Please feel free to detail how you feel this will help the community (not you the community) or to suggest an alternative merging arrangement to solve the problem that others identified in the past.

So far ITT all you have provided is your opinion that it was bad and suggested that based on that we should spend days digging through merged forums. identify threads that should be moved back to their "old" forums, recreating those forums, and hand moving all identified threads back to those recreated forums simply because you would like it better.

Based on the logic you have presented in the argument for your suggestion it would seem that you feel the needs of the one outweigh the needs of the many. I may be wrong but unless you can provide some logical argument outlining how this would benefit totse and not just you I can't see this suggestion going very far.