The way threads are shown.

HelladamnleetHelladamnleet Banned
edited October 2011 in Help and Suggestions
Can you change it so EVERY thread that I haven't read in shown in bold, instead of only threads I haven't read TODAY? It's kind of annoying that if a thread is more than a day old it automatically marks itself as read.

i3v5lc.jpg

Pic related.

Comments

• Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited October 2011
    I will ask Dfg to take a look at this thread and the settings. This is a valid request.
  • HelladamnleetHelladamnleet Banned
    edited October 2011
    Thanks. This has been bugging for for a while, especially when I'm in a hurry and just trying to see the new posts I've missed.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited October 2011
    I will take a look into this, try using the &T Pro theme and see if it does the same.
    edited October 2011
    Currently using Totse theme, but will try the other one's a report back.

All of them appear to look the same as far as new posts today vs new posts yesterday and beyond go.
    edited October 2011
    Are we just giving up on this one again? This is the third time I've suggested this since totse.info was made.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited October 2011
    Are we just giving up on this one again? This is the third time I've suggested this since totse.info was made.

Nope, still looking to fix it.
    edited October 2011
    It's such an odd problem. I don't think I've seen it anywhere else but here.
    edited October 2011
    In vBulletin options/vBulletin options/General Settings of the vB you will find item named: Thread/Forum Read Marking Type
    Set it do 3rd one: Database (automatic)
    edited October 2011
    This new setting is no good. New posts now display posts from two weeks ago
    edited October 2011
    In fact this new setting has totally fucked up New Posts. I have made 4 or 5 posts and they are not showing up at all now.
  • TheGreenDoctorTheGreenDoctor Regular
    edited October 2011
    What exactly is different about this forum from all the others? Every other site I visit shows all unread posts as bold, and all read posts as... well... not bold. Its been one of those curious things that has puzzled me from the get go.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited October 2011
    What exactly is different about this forum from all the others? Every other site I visit shows all unread posts as bold, and all read posts as... well... not bold. Its been one of those curious things that has puzzled me from the get go.

As I told TDR on TS, we were using the messed up settings in the past, now we're using the correct settings.
  • TheGreenDoctorTheGreenDoctor Regular
    edited October 2011
    Thanks, although I just finally got myself up to speed on the changes. I'm just a little behind on things these days.