Insomnia

RemadERemadE Global Moderator
edited February 2012 in Life
These new meds suck in the sense that I have yet to sleep for 2 days (Prednisolone Steroids). I was wondering if anyone else here has had sleep issues, bordering on a sustained period of time that constitutes as Insomnia.
I'm not tired at all. The half-sleepiness hasn't hit me yet and I stay up all night watching stand up from obscure comedians and doing University work. It's not tiring, but I just cannot sleep for shit. Even popping 50mg of "Sleepeze" (Diphenhydramine) hasn't got me anywhere whereas 25mg used to knock me out for a good 8 hours. I lie in bed for 2 hours and just don't get anywhere. Thinking of random crap, enjoying the closed eye visuals. Shit, even showers beetween midnight and 5am no longer help as they usually allow me to mentally and physically rid myself of the memories of the day.

Any tips for getting to sleep? I've tried increasing my dose of downer drugs (valium, morphine etc - valium as I have been angsty as fuck the past few days because of a few people) and going for walks/jogs as well as trying to mentally exhaust myself but to no avail. There's a lot on my mind, ranging from anger and anxiety to how I'll tackle University assignments. Then the physical agony of having to shit every 30 minutes because of my Crohn's so I just can't rest for a sustained period of time.
There is a "sleep" playlist on my PC that I play which used to help. Mostly consisting of Massive Attack, Pink Floyd, a few ballads (as they have a peaceful beat) and whatever else that I found relates to unconsciousness in one way or another.

One way for sure I can sleep is a good spliff but I don't have any weed. Seriously, I go for a jog at 5am and still have enough energy to get through the next day without even thinking of sleep.

Any tips? Stories? etc? It's getting to the desperate stage now as I have a few busy nights coming up and the last thing I want to do is pass out when my mates are over because I've not slept in (coming up) 3 days.

Comments

• Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited January 2012
    I Have not slept for more than 3 - 4 hours at a time for the last 3 years. Partly due the pain i my shoulder, partly due to a mind that will not shut up, ad partly due to repressed anxiety as a symptom of PTSD caused from the military. So if anyone has a real answer on how to beat insomnia without drug I am all ears. I say without drugs because the VA thinks I am a drug addict as admitted marijuana use to help me sleep and I am to old ad cheap to hit the streets looking for a steady supply of sleeping pills.
  • battster222battster222 Semo-Regulars
    edited January 2012
    Seroquel??? Have yourself a good wank? Personally I just stay up until my body makes me pass out.

EDIT: I also have PTSD relating to being molested and having my pics sent all around the world, and lately i've been getting hundreds of letters from the department of justice, each letter containing a name and case number of someone thats wanked to me as an 11 year old kid. Trust me I know how much this shit can fuck you up, thats why i'm a druggie! And personally I've found seroquel to knock me out cold.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited February 2012
    That shit is for schizophrenia, No thanks on that. The entire antipsychotic pharmaceutical tree is pure poison if you ask me.
  • battster222battster222 Semo-Regulars
    edited February 2012
    Just a suggestion, if all else fails 10mg of seroquel will give you a slumber that of which you've never experienced!