Cushing’s Syndrome, Something You Should Know

DfgDfg Admin
edited March 2012 in Life
y1iiY.jpg
Cushing's syndrome is a hormone disorder caused by high levels of cortisol in the blood. This can be caused by taking glucocorticoid drugs, or by tumors that produce cortisol or adrenocorticotropic hormone (ACTH) or CRH.[1]
Cushing's disease refers to one specific cause of the syndrome: a tumor (adenoma) in the pituitary gland that produces large amounts of ACTH, which in turn elevates cortisol. It is the most common cause of Cushing's syndrome, responsible for 70% of cases excluding glucocorticoid related cases.[2][3]
This pathology was described by Harvey Cushing in 1932.[4][5] The syndrome is also called Itsenko-Cushing syndrome,[6][7]hyperadrenocorticism or hypercorticism.
Cushing's syndrome is not confined to humans and is also a relatively common condition in domestic dogs and horses. It also occurs in cats, but rarely.
It should not be confused with Cushing's triad, a disease state resulting from increased intracranial pressure.
Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cushing%27s_syndrome

With that done, watch this video:

Originating Discussion: www.reddit.com/r/pics/comments/jb6js/how_is_this_shape_possible/

To help him: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/421072838/how-the-internet-reddit-saved-my-life-0

I am posting this merely to educate everyone that hope is always there and you can get lucky. Also, if you see someone with the same problem, you might be able to help him or her out.

Comments

• bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited March 2012
    Fuck! Some doctors piss me off. It's either their way or no way at all. People wouldn't need to self diagnose themselves via the internet if some doctors did their fuckin job properly. FUCK them!
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited March 2012
    My first Crohn's consultant was "my way or the highway" type. Right cunt. Looks like a crappy condition to have.