TEST Theme Feedback, Suggestions and Improvements

edited June 2012 in Help and Suggestions
Following BK's hard work, we've finally got ourselves a new theme in place on the forum. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and select "TEST" to check it out, and come back to this thread to give us some feedback and suggestions. After all, we want to make sure it's perfect. As it stands, the base colors are in place and looking pretty sick - I personally love the blues and Totseans.com seems to have adopted it as it's primary color :D I still feel like we need to perfect it though, adding some finishing touches and stuff to really claim it as our own theme and show off our own image.

Anyway, feedback!

Comments

• ThirdRockFromTheSunThirdRockFromTheSun <b style="color:blue;">Third<em style="color:pink;">Cock</em>FromThe<em style="color:brown;">Bum</em
    edited June 2012
    I think it looks pretty damned awesome, BUT I don't feel it's totally finished. Just need to add a few things to really make the theme it's own thing, not just a template that's been edited. Maybe every totsean should make a picture in MS paint and we can add it in somehow? :D
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited June 2012
    Played around a bit. I am loving the colors, so far, I am using black and Totseans blue. And yes, white is there as well.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited June 2012
    I changed the doc background to black. As it's more energy friendly. Plus, it's empty space and yes we can go with more and more white but like I said, I am just testing different combinations.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited June 2012
    Should the logo be positioned in the center or something... on a second thought I will let it idle there.
  • edited June 2012
    Logo should definitely stay where it is. I like the black background, but I really don't like the black bar at the top (whats new, etc). Please make that a different color!
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited June 2012
    trx100 wrote: »
    Logo should definitely stay where it is. I like the black background, but I really don't like the black bar at the top (whats new, etc). Please make that a different color!

Well, the line was added to give it some sort of design value but yeah, I can go with the simple color approach or I can try to find another color that might work.
  • edited June 2012
    Try both, you never know what will happen :D For now, I'm going to sleep and I'll check back here in the morning when I'm sober. Bed is looking so inviting right now... See ya!
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited June 2012
    Try both, you never know what will happen :D For now, I'm going to sleep and I'll check back here in the morning when I'm sober. Bed is looking so inviting right now... See ya!

Wait for me. Today was a good day for Totseans.

Go check the CMS as well.
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited June 2012
    pretty good now.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited June 2012
    I think the test theme looks awesome as it is. It is bright, clean, easy to read, and blue.
  • SpinsterSpinster Regular
    edited June 2012
    Cant see it
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited June 2012
    Spinster wrote: »
    Cant see it

Clear cache and cookies and select Totseans from the theme menu.
  • DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited June 2012
    The new theme looks awesome. Things are finally starting to take shape.
  • edited June 2012
    Cant see it

I think there's a problem with the permissions or something, I tried accessing the TEST theme earlier when I wasn't logged in and it didn't appear. DFG, check the permissions on it - I'm in a rush, but if you still haven't checked when I next get back to the PC then I'll sort it out.

EDIT: Wait, I just checked and even when not logged in, I can still use the theme. It's taken on a new name, "Totseans" instead of TEST. Everyone should be able to see it now.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited June 2012
    I think there's a problem with the permissions or something, I tried accessing the TEST theme earlier when I wasn't logged in and it didn't appear. DFG, check the permissions on it - I'm in a rush, but if you still haven't checked when I next get back to the PC then I'll sort it out.

EDIT: Wait, I just checked and even when not logged in, I can still use the theme. It's taken on a new name, "Totseans" instead of TEST. Everyone should be able to see it now.

Yeah, I changed the name and made it the default. Clear your cache and you will see it. If not then select from the drop down menu.
  • SpinsterSpinster Regular
    edited June 2012
    Looks good :P
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited June 2012
    Looks good :P

Still not done yet. Waiting for some inspirational ideas.

Thinking about adding tits in the banner. Or just have some girls on a pole. Can't decide.
  • edited June 2012
    totseans.com/bbs currently directs to the standard forum lauyout (not the activitiy stream).

I think this is a bad idea, it should take us to the activities stream. There is no point in installing it and thn hiding it. I think it adds a touch of modernity to the site.

It also make the place look more active then it really is.

-- slartibartfast here, logging in as guest cause of a badly configured squid proxy.
  • angryonionangryonion Just some guy
    edited June 2012
    looks good i'm liking it
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited June 2012
    I like this theme and look better than any on any totse clone ever.
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited June 2012
    I like this theme and look better than any on any totse clone ever.
    I gotta agree with ya there bro.
    It won't replicate us for what we were but will identify us for who we are.
    Shits fresh.

Nice job Dfg...:cool:
  • edited June 2012
    totseans.com/bbs currently directs to the standard forum lauyout (not the activitiy stream).

I think this is a bad idea, it should take us to the activities stream. There is no point in installing it and thn hiding it. I think it adds a touch of modernity to the site.

It also make the place look more active then it really is.

-- slartibartfast here, logging in as guest cause of a badly configured squid proxy.

I don't really like this idea. It means that you can't view the forum home page, so you can't see all the sections in the forum... Now how am I meant to flick through the boards reading things, see who's online, or easily choose where to post a new thread? I don't really think it's a good idea.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited June 2012
    Slarti has a point to be honest but not many are used to it. We can do split testing as well.