Enslavement

ObbeObbe Regular
edited July 2010 in Spurious Generalities
Ate originally showed me this video:

But remember - the bottom line is that you can choose to be a part of it or to be above it. You can choose to see the freedom that we do have, if we have the guts to take it. If you do not feel free, that is your own choice.

Comments

• Big baby jesusBig baby jesus Regular
    edited July 2010
    lol I have no sound but tell me, what does the story of my enslavement have to do with Pink Floyd :confused:

and why is the Big Grin smiley chosen as this topics post icon :confused::confused:
  • MegalodonMegalodon Regular
    edited July 2010
    lol I have no sound but tell me, what does the story of my enslavement have to do with Pink Floyd :confused:

and why is the Big Grin smiley chosen as this topics post icon :confused::confused:

You should get sound. This video is the reason why I'm going to be homeless soon. And this is my first time watching this.
    edited July 2010
    Erorr wrote: »
    The video is good and I even bookmarked it maybe 5 months ago but theres a whole buttload of pretentious going on it. While it doesnt purposely do it I just cant stand to watch it all.

Did you watch the part where it kept flashing like, how much 1 trillion dollars can buy, and then the last one says that 1 trillion dollars is 1/10th of the bailout.
    edited July 2010
    Erorr wrote: »
    I didnt literally mean I never finished it. I'm just saying the videos stuck up its own ass so its hard to watch but that doesnt really matter because all the things presented in it are outstanding and nullify the fact that its pretentious. It's facts defeat the ego involved. It's just hard to actually enjoy the way they present it all.

I feel you. The part with the cop pulling out the gun gave me fucking shivers but I kept watching.
  • jatorjator Regular
    edited July 2010
    The video had some points but it exaggerated a lot of things.

I don't really agree with it. If you hate the way the government runs things so much move to South America and start your own farm or something. Sure we deal with some bullshit but all in all the standard of living in the U.S. and most non-3rd world countries is not all that bad.

You give up a couple freedoms so people aren't running around shooting each other and you pay taxes so it's possible to drive to 7/11 to get your beer. Not because the government is the mafia.