Water Filtration

DfgDfg Admin
edited June 2012 in Tech & Games
Not a Chemical geek, I have a two stage water filter at my home and the third stage uses UV light to kill off the bacteria. I asked my Dad if that would be enough to make the water clean and he said he might need some heavy duty filtration system. I think that might be an overkill but considering that the companies supplying the water are cutting corners and basically giving us contaminated water. Majority of the companies operating here are using Contaminated water, I don't blame them because even in Hospitals no one checks the filters.

I am used to drinking this water but I want to minimize my chances of getting fucked in the long run, yes leaving Pakistan is the best solution but I do have to look after my family, I left my parents one time and it hurt them and I DON'T want to do it again. So, for their sake I am trying to make sure they're lives are a lot easier.

Anyway, back to the question. Two stages, first uses a 0.5 Micro filter that keeps the dust out and the second uses Sand filter which removes odor and organic compounds. Basically, when the water comes to my tank, it's supposedly being purified by the natural purification process, since it's ground water.

You can read about it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_purification

Would be wise to start the purification process in my home? or should I just boil the filtered water and then feed it through the Filters? there is a chance that it will clean the water more but it will take away all the minerals?

I am just brain storming here and looking for ideas.

Comments