And we call THEM animals.

SpinsterSpinster Regular
edited July 2012 in Spurious Generalities
Found this today, Now Im not the most animal caring person. We (humans) are predetors, will kill stuff deal with it.

But this is fucked. Some mindless poor excuse for a human being tossed this defenceless cat inside a steel pole, at the bottom waiting for the cat was freshly poured concrete. As the animal fought its way out it sunk deeper into the cement until only its head was exposed.

In my opinion it would have been far more humane to throw a bucket of water down the pipe and end the poor things pain. Cutting the pipe with what looked to be a angle grinder and hacking it out with a claw hammer would have been torcher in itself, but thats just me.
A live cat was found recently half-buried in concrete, and the man who rescued the kitten believes it was a message from a pro-polygamy religious group.

The incident happened recently in Colorado City, Ariz., a major center for the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, a Mormon sect that split off in the early 20th century in order to continue the controversial practice of plural marriage.

The kitten was discovered at the home of Isaac Wyler, a former church member, who has spoken out against the church and its controversial former leader Warren Jeffs, according to AzFamily.com.

Jeffs, who was found guilty last year of sexually assaulting two underage girls he had wed, is currently in protective custody in a prison in Palestine, Texas, serving a life term plus 20 years.

Andrew Chatwin, who, like Wyler, is a former member of the FDLS, found the cat inside one of a metal tube used to construct cement posts, according to RightThisMinute.com.

In order to rescue the cat, Chatwin had to cut the post and dig out the footing. He took the feline to an animal sanctuary in Kanab, Utah, where it died a few days later.

Chatwin, who left the FLDS 13 years ago, believes the cruel act was done by members of his former church. He claims both the threats and the animal killings have been going on for years.

Chatwin also claims that when he reported the cruel act to Colorado City sheriffs, they didn’t seem too concerned.

“[The officer] kind of chuckled and laughed a little bit and then he said that if it was up to him, he’d just throw dirt on [the cat],” Chatwin said. “And this is coming from a city marshal who’s a member of the FLDS Church.”

Neither the FLDS or the Colorado City Sheriffs Dept. returned phone calls from The Huffington Post.

The U.S. Justice Department recently filed a lawsuit against government officials in Colorado City, and the neighboring border town of Hildale, Utah, for alleged civil rights violations, including acting as de-facto agents for the church, denying ex-members and non-members of the FLDS Church access to everything from police services to housing and utilities, according to KSTU-TV.

At the time the lawsuit was filed, Chatwin told the station that the Colorado City government was “a theocracy.”

“They keep starving people right out of the community,” he said. “To where they can’t get employment, they can’t get decent service. I can’t even use the Hildale clinic that (is) here. I have to travel a half-hour, 45 minutes just to get a doctor’s visit.”

Comments

• DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2012
    I am tired of people fucking with cats, I wish the person who did this gets something more fucked up in return. I am not watching the video because I might rage even more.
  • SpinsterSpinster Regular
    edited July 2012
    The guys that find it manage to remove the cat alive and take it to the vet, but it died a few days later.
  • DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited July 2012
    Thats Mormons for ya. Fuck them.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited July 2012
    There is special place in the after life for people who do shit like this. And I am going to volunteer as staff there 2 days a week after I die.
  • ThirdRockFromTheSunThirdRockFromTheSun <b style="color:blue;">Third<em style="color:pink;">Cock</em>FromThe<em style="color:brown;">Bum</em
    edited July 2012
    I don't get it. What's fun about this?
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited July 2012
    I remember finding this on Reddit and despite not usually being fazed by things out of my control to do with cruelty to anything living - this just pissed me off a treat.
    Religion or no Religion, why the shit would people do this to prove a point? If you have a beef with someone then don't take it out on an innocent third party, you delusional cunts.

I agree with Beavers' comment. I'd gladly volunteer, so sign me up!
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited July 2012
    RemadE wrote: »

I agree with Beavers' comment. I'd gladly volunteer, so sign me up!

OK, I'll take Saturday and Sunday cause I'm old and the weekends don't mean shit. You take Tuesday ad Thursday because you're young and I know you don't like getting up on Monday's or working two whole days in a row. Now we just need someone to cover Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2012
    OK, I'll take Saturday and Sunday cause I'm old and the weekends don't mean shit. You take Tuesday ad Thursday because you're young and I know you don't like getting up on Monday's or working two whole days in a row. Now we just need someone to cover Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

I will take Friday & Wednesday. I have some special treatment planned for these fucks.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited July 2012
    We got that boom boom pow!

Ok there's a special place in hell for people who like that song, too actually.
    No Virgins for you, Dfg. You cool with that? :o