Federal Restricted Buildings and Grounds Improvement Act

ArkansanArkansan Regular
edited August 2012 in Spurious Generalities
http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighborhood/leading-edge-legal-advice-everyday-matters/2012/aug/1/i-object-i-disagree-can-i-now-say-so-publicly/

So while the media is up to it's eyeballs in Olympic coverage and shootings, they passed a wonderful piece of legislation that now makes it illegal to knowingly enter restricted grounds with intent to protest, which is simply an amendment to preexisting laws. Thing is that now you don't have to know that it was illegal to do so, originally the law added that you had to do so willfully, legalese for knowing your breaking the law. Oh it also adds that the DHS can designate any gathering or event of "national significance" which automatically revokes the right to protest near said event, it is also illegal to protest now anywhere the SS "is or will be visiting". It is now illegal to heckle or boo at any event of "national significance" or government function, the wording they use is "disorderly or disruptive conduct". To top it all of they can now sentence you to up to 10 years in prison for violating this bullshit law.

Addendum; apparently this was passed in March with no media coverage, and received only three "No" votes. Glad to see the Democrats and Republicans can come together from time to time.

Comments

• bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited August 2012
    And pfffftttt .... There goes your freedom of speech.
  • ArkansanArkansan Regular
    edited August 2012
    I really wish I could say I was surprised when I read the article, but most Americans look at it and go "Well I don't protest, and they usually don't work anyway so..."
    The thing that worries me is where the fuck does it all end? I mean gods above you would think that a culture as a whole has a breaking point, but I guess as long as they boil the frog slowly it won't jump out of the pot.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited August 2012
    One by one they have been erasing the bill of rights. Say good bye to the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.