Petitions to secceed, war in gaza and other stuff.

ArkansanArkansan Regular
edited November 2012 in Spurious Generalities
So I am sure everyone states side has heard about the numerous petitions to secede, and the fighting going on in the Gaza strip. Opinions, thoughts, info? Personally I figured the newest round of bullshit in Gaza was coming, now that U.S. support has cooled somewhat and with overall change in the political climate in the region it just seemed like renewed conflict would be the logical outgrowth. As to the petitions here stateside, I think they are more an interesting comment on the political climate here in the U.S. than any sort of serious movement.

Comments

• Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited November 2012
    The political climate in the U.S. is going to explode over the next four years. When the purpose of the FEMA camps and the FUSION centers becomes crystal clear to the sheeple (as many of their friends and loved ones will be locked in the camps) the green sheeple will start shooting each other.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited November 2012
    I don't know much about Texas - although I love King of the Hill.

However with Gaza etc, I like the fact they are kicking off. That place is so confined and the most densely populated place on Earth (so a few News channels have been repeating) so it's no bloody wonder the rocket/weapon sites are close to Civilians. They have no choice, especially when being blockaded and only having 3 miles of sea to fish in and no further. I just wish Iran would step up its game as it's apparently a MAJOR threat to stability in that area.

That's false. I think we've seen who it really is.
    However when it's all said and done, and whoever gets total freedom over that area, be under no illusion - especially you flag-waving Lefties or "Patriots" - they won't like you. The amount of attacks on people from Orthodox Jews is disgusting, and I can't see extremist Muslims wanting to shake your hand.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited November 2012
    Religion is what is wrong with the Middle East.
  • ArkansanArkansan Regular
    edited November 2012
    Yeah I honestly figure the bullshit over there will go on until life on this rock ceases. I figure that it is just a matter of time before Israel is the flash point for a major region wide, if not world wide conflict. As to what you were saying TDR I agree the political climate in the U.S. is a powder keg and the next 4 years will only see it get worse, the partisanship only gets worse and both sides have adopted a there is no middle ground your either with us or against us mentality, and few are smart enough to realise the whole fucking system is a fix. Also I am well aware of FEMA camps but what are FUSION centers?