So the doctor told me i am screwed today.

DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
edited January 2013 in Life
Who could have guessed I had a multitude of health problems slowly killing me without my knowledge. I have been diagnosed with hemochromatosis (high blood iron levels) and a hyperactive thyroid which will result in death if not treated. The thyroid problem isn't deadly at the moment and should be able to be managed with medication while the other condition is treated with bi weekly blood removal where they will take about 1 litre of blood out each time until my iron levels drop below what is required to cause liver damage. They wanted to take 500 mL today but I said

Normal range for iron saturation is between 20-50%. I am currently at 86% which is supposedly unheard of even among patients with the condition. Maybe I'm a special cunt after all :D.

Now there is a major problem for me. I have a severe aversion to blood and needles which stems from a few arsehole doctors when I was a child and underwent stomach surgery. There are very few people I trust to do a good job of inserting an IV line or needle. No way in fuck will I let a student nurse or other newbie even come near me with anything sharp because they always fuck it up.

Should talk the doctor into prescribing something that will keep me docile while they drain me. If anything it may be a way to get high on some decent drugs. Suggestions are welcome :)

Dak

Comments

• bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited January 2013
    No way in fuck will I let a student nurse or other newbie even come near me with anything sharp because they always fuck it up.

ls85Eh2.jpgStudent nurses who look & dress like this can fuck my shit up anyday.

Sorry to hear about your health issues bro. :(
  • ArkansanArkansan Regular
    edited January 2013
    I had a serious fucking aversion to needles before my last stay in the hospital where I was desensitized through the sheer fucking number of times I was stuck. Before that little episode I was never shy about asking the doctors or nurses point blank who was the best with needle work, the way I look at it is I am the one dealing with it so we will do it my way. A decent doctor should be up front with you about that sort of thing, at my PCP's office there is only one nurse who can touch me for needle work and that dude is so good I swear to god I can't feel it at all when he draws blood.
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited January 2013
    Arkansan wrote: »
    I had a serious fucking aversion to needles before my last stay in the hospital where I was desensitized through the sheer fucking number of times I was stuck.
    I don't have any issues with needles, it's pulling that little fucking plaster they stick on it after the jab that spins me out. :eek: