North Korea at it again.

ArkansanArkansan Regular
edited April 2013 in Spurious Generalities
Anyone else been keeping their eyes on this shit? It seems like their new fat boy-in-chief is looking to see just what his boundaries are. I actually get a vaguely bad feeling about this one, as a military brat this whole situation feels similar to the build up to other times we have entered a conflict. I recall reading somewhere that some of the wiki leaks material revealed that even the Chinese think North Korea has grown more erratic over the years.

Comments

• DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited April 2013
    Can't say i'm worried. They lack the skills to launch a rocket successfully let alone purposely launch it at another country. All I have seen so far is failed launch after failed launch.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2013
    Not that worried, if Iran did something like this, I might worry but NK isn't that powerful, their GDP is 12 Million Dollars or so where as Iran is 322 Million USD! I read a thread in Reddit regarding NK and Iran and it seems NK is capable of harming South Korea at best but it can't do much. It does feel like another stunt to get more AID or the Fat-o-Kimo wants to brag about this tiny willy infront of the South. All in all, considering how much these NK guys are being pwned by their own Government, a full on war doesn't seem like a bad idea.

I just hope something like that doesn't happen to Pakistan. Incidentally I was reading about ICBM's. China and America does have Inter-Continental ICBM's and China does lead with it's newer model. Mach 25, triple station, mobile/ground unit and a range of 14-16K, it beats the USA ICMB as well.

China doesn't want the North to be in US control, so they might do something in the end.
  • ArkansanArkansan Regular
    edited April 2013
    I am not really worried about nuclear weapons in this situation. I do think that eventually things are going to come to a head with NK. Just call it intuition on the part of someone who grew up on and around a military installation but I figure we have all sorts of assets being moved that way, just feels like it to me. Fuck though I have been wrong before.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited April 2013
    Dfg wrote: »

Incidentally I was reading about ICBM's. China and America does have Inter-Continental ICBM's and China does lead with it's newer model. Mach 25, triple station, mobile/ground unit and a range of 14-16K, it beats the USA ICMB as well.

China can't go to war with the West. For as Marcus Tullius Cicero said, "The sinews of war are infinite money." China's entire economy is dependent on the consumer driven economies of the West. You can not go to war with the source of your money. It takes money to move, feed, and pay troops. It takes money, money and more money for ordinance, ammunition, and fuel to get your "fighting vehicles" to target.

No my friend, China will and has been siding with the West when it comes to the DPRK and it's latest version of...