Myers-Briggs Type Indicator

DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
edited October 2013 in Life
From Wikipedia
The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) assessment is a psychometric questionnaire designed to measure psychological preferences in how people perceive the world and make decisions These preferences were extrapolated from the typological theories proposed by Carl Gustav Jung and first published in his 1921 book Psychological Types (English edition, 1923). Jung theorized that there are four principal psychological functions by which we experience the world: sensation, intuition, feeling, and thinking. One of these four functions is dominant most of the time.
The original developers of the personality inventory were Katharine Cook Briggs and her daughter, Isabel Briggs Myers; these two, having studied extensively the work of Jung, turned their interest of human behaviour into a devotion of turning the theory of psychological types to practical use. They began creating the indicator during World War II, believing that a knowledge of personality preferences would help women who were entering the industrial workforce for the first time to identify the sort of war-time jobs that would be "most comfortable and effective". The initial questionnaire grew into the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator, which was first published in 1962. The MBTI focuses on normal populations and emphasizes the value of naturally occurring differences. Robert Kaplan and Dennis Saccuzzo believe "the underlying assumption of the MBTI is that we all have specific preferences in the way we construe our experiences, and these preferences underlie our interests, needs, values, and motivation"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myers-Briggs_Type_Indicator

Below is a link to a short questionnaire that works out what personality type you are or claims to. From what I can gather its pretty accurate.

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes2.asp

I'm an INTP

Comments

• RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited October 2013
    Ah man, mine changes so damn much. Time to wake up before going to work. May as well spend 10 minutes to see what personality type I am today!

INTJ apparently. Have had INTP before. Way to go with a Personality Disorder diagnosis :p

The best bit? According to psychologists, Mr Breivik is an INTJ :fap:
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited October 2013
    ESTP? ..... orly-owl.jpg
  • DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited October 2013
    Yeah I swing between INTP and INFP most of the time as well.