Any other writers here?

ArkansanArkansan Regular
edited December 2013 in Life
Besides Remade, anyone else write? Short stories, essays, whatever? What inspires you? Music is typically what sets me off, a good song gets a short story brewing. I typically write sci fi or fantasy, I have one I have been working on for a week or so now. I might post a draft later tonight or tomorrow morning for you guys to look over.

Comments

• DfgDfg Admin
    edited December 2013
    Script writing, articles and stuff.
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited December 2013
    I used to write a lot of "bits and pieces" that frankly were very average. I've (without realizing) stopped now.

Although i occasionally get the nagging feeling that i should pick it up again. I think I started to find it more frustrating than therapeutic and that killed it for me.
  • StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited December 2013
    I used to write a hell of a lot but life and depression made me take a break from it for a while which is odd because I used to write more when I was depressed but this past time just didn't feel like it. Now however I'm working on trying to write my first sci-fi. I realized that this would take a lot of research and I've done a great deal of that but because of it the story has completely changed to the point which makes the original idea a sequel or even a third. I need to come up a few more ideas before really starting on it but have been fondling the idea of writing some shorts the way I used to just to get back into the swing of things.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited December 2013
    I am not a writer but I make a good editor. I can take written text and make it flow better for either reading or reciting.
  • ArkansanArkansan Regular
    edited December 2013
    Cool. I figured this was a creative bunch, I have a fantasy short story I have been working at on and off for a little bit now that I will probably finish up at work tomorrow and post for everyone's scathing criticism. Things have been nuts at my house with a new baby so work has now become personal project time.
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited December 2013
    I write a little, not a novelist but I sorta like academic shit.