Today We Honor An Artist That Passed Away, Zina Nicole Lahr

DfgDfg Admin
edited December 2013 in Life
I was inspired by her and it's a shame I didn't talk to her or meet her. She just has the extra life in her. Watch this video.

[video=vimeo;80973511]
In August 2013 my friend Zina asked if I could shoot a video for her portfolio. She needed something that would showcase her work but also tell a little bit about her personality and her interests. We had two days to shoot and edit so we shot an interview and smashed something together to meet our deadline. On November 20, 2013 Zina passed away due to a hiking accident in Ouray, CO. After the funeral I revisited the footage and made this short as an attempt to capture her personality and creativity. I never planned to release it online but now I have a chance to share her and her creations with all of you! For all who are part of the Zina Lahr love bomb, this is for you!
Music: Everything Is Changing By Noi
found on Free Music Archive
stormypyeatte.com
Aspen Public Radio asked if I could do an interview about Zina. If for some reason you are interested you can check that out here. aspenpublicradio.org/post/mourning-friend-creates-portrait-young-artist
WOW! The response to this video is incredible and completely unexpected! Cindy (Zina's mother), her family, and I are so blown away by all of this and I want to thank everyone who is taking the time to celebrate the life of my precious friend.
I have received an incredible amount of emails from people who are wishing to donate to the Zina Lahr Memorial Fund. So if you wish to help the family of Zina Lahr you can call the Citizen's State Bank of Ouray Colorado at (970) 325-4352. You can also donate to the Weehawken Creative Arts Zina Lahr Memorial Scholarship. All the money for this scholarship helps kids pay for art classes in the within Weehawken Creative Arts program located on the western slope of Colorado. Zina did an incredible amount of volunteer work for this wonderful non profit. From props to set pieces Zina was the magic behind it! More info here! weehawkenarts.org/uncategorized/honoring-zina-lahr/
Thank you, thank you, thank you!
I am so happy Zina can continue to inspire.

Truly a perfect woman.