Counterfeiting notes

grayboygrayboy Acolyte
edited December 2011 in Man Cave
Where the hell do you start?
I was thinking Scottish notes may be easier to use than English ones as English people are less familiar with them . I also thought crowded clubs and fast food places in different cities would be good places to use them.

However how do you make them? Do you need special paper? Obviusly it can be done, money can be made so it can therefore be counterfeited.

Ideas?

Comments

• MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited July 2010
    I had a friend who made some counterfeit bills after asking around like you are doing. It looked perfectly real, but as soon as I touched it, I could easily tell it was fake. So I would say that if you have no clue about making them, don't even try.

However, if you must know, I'd suggest you gain the trust of someone who makes decent fakes and learn the tricks from him. You can read about all the procedures if you want, but that won't be enough and you will fail.
  • da teachada teacha Regular
    edited July 2010
    Of course you'll need special paper. It's going to be as obvious as fuck when you roll up with standard printer paper.

People used to make some kind of solution which would remove all the print off of a note, so you could then reprint them with a modified design. However, notes are sized so that it's impossible to do this: i.e. £5 is the smallest.

Maybe it's possible to obtain foreign currency, which has the same texture and feel as the target currency, albeit of different value, then use this instead?
  • DailyDaily Regular
    edited July 2010
    It's very hard to counterfeit English notes due to those shiny silver imprints. How the fuck do you make it seem legit?
  • da teachada teacha Regular
    edited July 2010
    Daily wrote: »
    It's very hard to counterfeit English notes due to those shiny silver imprints. How the fuck do you make it seem legit?

I think the protip is to avoid English notes.

Polish notes look as easy as fuck to countrfeit, they're pretty simple. And especially Ukrianian notes.

Ukrainian notes are worth dirt, so their highest denominations are going to be around the same size as notes which aren't worth too much in Poland.
  • edited July 2010
    I could have sworn there was a thread on &T talking about taking $1 bills, bleaching them, taping them together in such a fashion that most of the surface area is there except for the very edges, getting (I think) a laser jet printer of a specific model, and start print $20's.
  • ch1rpch1rp Acolyte
    edited July 2010
  • TackzoTackzo Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    I would just do it with 1's. You won't make as much, but they have no security features and come under no scrutiny.
  • ch1rpch1rp Acolyte
    edited August 2010
  • DailyDaily Regular
    edited August 2010
    I used to buy counterfeit notes from some Turkish guy...£100 for £200 worth of legit looking counterfeit notes and so on. What I used to do was just go to an area in my city which I never go to, walk around the shopping centre (loads of people) and ask for change (e.g. "Hey, do you have two £10s for a £20?"). Within a few minutes I had converted £100 worth of counterfeit notes into real cash.

I think that's the best thing to do. The average citizen does not know how to tell the difference between a real note and a fake note (provided your counterfeits are of a high quality) and you'll have no worries when using the exchanged money in stores. Tadah!
  • DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited August 2010
    ch1rp wrote: »
    $1's are a bitch to wash, stick to the $5's I say.Just get some gladware fill it with warm water, throw in some lye and let bill sit for 30 minutes.Take out and brush ink off with toothbrush.Let dry between paper towels.

Have a inkjet printer with a scanner ready.Scan $20 front, print, tape washed bill over the print and print again....then do the back.

Cons:washed bills come out too thin many times
    Pros:has a security thread and watermark, passes pen test

Never tried to pass these bills, but would try KFC or something.

This wouldn't work, specifically here in the US.

After the redesign, fives, tens and twenties are all colors and not dulled like their predecessors. They have some sort of watermarks on the surface that you can feel, they reflect off the light. You'd have to mimic the exact stamp on the bill, a regular scanner wouldn't capture all of the detail.

Plus, you'd need an industrial printer if you want precision. An epson 4880 would be too much of a hassle for the bill's measurement configuration, but it would print the EXACT detail. I scanned a twenty[full res] and exacted the bill's background and printed with a 4880 on a cheap multiuse white paper. Thing was perfect. I reprinted it for the stamp, and it looked pretty genuine.

The extraction was shitty but the color was great, and the texture of the watermark too. Honestly, it's too much work. Never intended or intend to pass these up.
  • MegaKushMegaKush Regular
    edited August 2010
    thats why you get older bills. they are hard to come across, but when you do find one, save it for this purpose. Old 20s are harder but i come across old 10s easily
  • ch1rpch1rp Acolyte
    edited August 2010
  • DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited August 2010
    MegaKush wrote: »
    thats why you get older bills. they are hard to come across, but when you do find one, save it for this purpose. Old 20s are harder but i come across old 10s easily

Totally forgot about them being in circulation. Haven't seen an old $5 bill+ in days.
    This.

If you try to print the newer bill the color will probably be off.I tried a new $10 with a HP and the middle turned all purpish in the middle.Bills dont have to be exact to be passable, but I bet it helps tons.

The color wasn't off. I printed it via ps and used the 'let photoshop suggest colors'.
  • edited August 2010

Never tried to pass these bills, but would try KFC or something.

ROFL @ implication of clientèle.
  • JuicemanJuiceman New Arrival
    edited December 2011
    i knew someone who made some benjamin franklins pretty well. just had a $150 photo printer, a good template, Photoshop, and used Southworth resume and business paper. Natural and ivory were the colors of the paper I believe. Got the notes lined up right, crinkled, put in dryer for a few seconds, then kept in wallet for a day or so. I wouldnt advise doing this at all and wouldnt recommend using them at stores UNLESS you have someone you know very well behind the register. He mainly did that and found people to rip drug dealers off that didnt know him. of course he split the spoils with his accomplice, but they were sure to not rip off anyone that they wanted to talk to again. Surprisingly this worked for over $5,000 in pills, weed, cash, and some things from walmart. anyway this was a bad idea and he decided to not get too greedy and got out before it was too late. In some cases the dealers would either not ever say anything about finding the bills (maybe they didnt notice them and passed them on to another source), and in certain instances the same dealer was "gotten" multiple times, no more than 3 though.
    edited December 2011
    also never tell ANYONE, not even your best friend, the identity of the person making the bills. Always just say that you "know someone who can get them for you".
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited December 2011
    Juiceman wrote: »
    i knew someone who made some benjamin franklins pretty well. just had a $150 photo printer, a good template, Photoshop, and used Southworth resume and business paper. Natural and ivory were the colors of the paper I believe. Got the notes lined up right, crinkled, put in dryer for a few seconds, then kept in wallet for a day or so. I wouldnt advise doing this at all and wouldnt recommend using them at stores UNLESS you have someone you know very well behind the register. He mainly did that and found people to rip drug dealers off that didnt know him. of course he split the spoils with his accomplice, but they were sure to not rip off anyone that they wanted to talk to again. Surprisingly this worked for over $5,000 in pills, weed, cash, and some things from walmart. anyway this was a bad idea and he decided to not get too greedy and got out before it was too late. In some cases the dealers would either not ever say anything about finding the bills (maybe they didnt notice them and passed them on to another source), and in certain instances the same dealer was "gotten" multiple times, no more than 3 though.

If he made them from the paper you described you couldn't pass that shit off to blind midget on a corner hot dog stand.
    edited December 2011
    Well its a good thing he didnt try them on blind midgets making a decent living off ballpark franks haha.. the linen paper is made of cotton and has about an 85%ish realistic feel. after theyre crisped up a little bit with some heat it makes them a lot better. Ive seen tons of people hold one and a real bill and not be able to tell the difference without checking for a watermark.
    edited December 2011
    If you say so rabbit.
    edited December 2011
    So do you know any blind midgets? Been looking for one of those for at least 6 months, so many opportunities...
    edited December 2011
    I don't share my blind midgets.