Google Chrome Dirty Hidden Secret

bornkillerbornkiller AdministratorIn your girlfriends snatch
Did you know there was a voice recognition feature hidden in google chrome? Apparently it doesn't seem to be for the benefit of the user because it's basically hidden and when found the user has a difficult time opting out of it.
Ohh Shizzle!

After upgrading chromium to 43, I noticed that when it is running and
immediately after the machine is on-line it silently starts downloading
"Chrome Hotword Shared Module" extension, which contains a binary without
source code. There seems no opt-out config.
It's Ninja!

Even worse, that extension:
- doesn't appear in the extension list;
- is apparently used to provide an “ok google” voice activation stuff.
That's definitely not the stuff we'd like installed by default, without
the user knowing (even if it's supposedly not installed).
Fuck the user and FTW we are google!

The fact that Audio Capture Allowed is set to yes, and that both the
extension and the shared module are marked as “enabled” are definitely
bothering me.
Here! Read the rest, its quite an interesting read > Source: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=786909

Comments

• bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    Did you know there was a voice recognition feature hidden in google chrome? Apparently it doesn't seem to be for the benefit of the user because it's basically hidden and when found the user has a difficult time opting out of it. Ohh Shizzle!
    After upgrading chromium to 43, I noticed that when it is running and immediately after the machine is on-line it silently starts downloading "Chrome Hotword Shared Module" extension, which contains a binary without source code. There seems no opt-out config.
    It's Ninja!
    Even worse, that extension: - doesn't appear in the extension list; - is apparently used to provide an “ok google” voice activation stuff. That's definitely not the stuff we'd like installed by default, without the user knowing (even if it's supposedly not installed).
    Fuck the user and FTW we are google!
    The fact that Audio Capture Allowed is set to yes, and that both the extension and the shared module are marked as “enabled” are definitely bothering me.
    Here! Read the rest, its quite an interesting read > Source: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=786909
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    I remember reading about a type of malware that travels by sound. 

This could get fun. 
    It's not malicious but chrome intentional. The chrome dude wasn't very impressed when he realised debian was involved which makes me lol because it's all over the net now.

Chrome admitted it and said it and said you can opt out of it as he mentions in post (#10) However a user on post (#11) begs to differ, and calls them out on it. Chrome has no comment. Ohhh the shame.
    https://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=491435

Oh yah! That badBIOS link you posted Slarti was a really inneresting read. Thanks. :)
  • DfgDfg Admin
    Well, I use Chrome and this is anonying, but I use chrome on Andriod and the voice thing makes sense. I am just waiting for Cortana!
    Dfg said:

Well, I use Chrome and this is anonying, but I use chrome on Andriod and the voice thing makes sense. I am just waiting for Cortana!

Is Cortana the name of your Filipino lady boy?
  • DfgDfg Admin

Dfg said:

Lyn, Renala, Alexis etc
    Dfg said:
    Lyn, Renala, Alexis etc
    Woah! That's a lot of lady boys. I bet your arse must hurt.
  • DfgDfg Admin

Dfg said:

Dfg said:

Lyn, Renala, Alexis etc

Woah! That's a lot of lady boys. I bet your arse must hurt.

I got one girl, she was short, beautiful ass and loves twerking, I was just sick and I couldn't fuck her correctly, it was just awful :(