Removing CMP get as close as you can to 100% enso’s clean story
So why am I writing this?
Because According to the lierature, one can use KMnO4 aka Potassium Permanganate to hydroxylate the double bonds of 1-(1'-Cyclohexadienyl)-2-methyl-aminopropane (CMP) in a basic (pH12) solution allowing one to utilize organic/aqueous phase extraction and separation from Methamphetamine HCL.
So to explain that in a simple manner most could understand.
according to studies a bee could use potassium permanganate to remove cmp which is a very common impurity from there product.
● 2 Beakers
● 5 grams of Potassium Permanganate (easy to get)
● Distilled water
● Non polar solvent
● 100% NaOH (lye or sodium hydroxide)
● pH strips
● Eye dropper
● Visine bottle filled with muriatic acid
● Stove top safe pan
For the purposes of this write up, we will be using 2.4 grams Methamphetamine HCL.
1. Make a solution of 2% KMnO4 by dissolving 0.5g KMnO4 in 25 ml dH20.
2. Place 2.4g Unpurified methamphetamine hcl into a beaker then add 3 ml dH20.
3. Add NaOH to test tube until pH 12.
4. Add 20 ml of your 2% KMnO4 solution and agitate with vortex.
5. Add 3 ml of your non polar solvent, shake, and draw up organic layer.
6. Place solvent in "beaker 2" and add 3 ml dH20.
7. pH dropwise to pH 7.6.
8. Draw off aqeous layer (bottom) and place in the pan, evaporate on stovetop to yield Methamphetamine HCL having left behind dihydroxylated and tetrahydroxylated cmps in beaker 1.
Hint: 2x Recrystallization of this final product in dH20 will yield 96-99% pure Methamphetamine HCL.
Hint: You can gas at step 4 instead of panning.
1. Journal of the Clandestine Laboratory Investigating Chemists Association 2008;18
2. Volumes calculated from Merck Index (1g:2mL H20)
That’s all folks
Up next: Methcathinone. The ghetto meth. Enso’s story of the ghetto cook.