Urban exploration: burned-out apartments

JackJack Regular
edited August 2010 in Man Cave
I'm putting this in BI because I was trespassing. Mods please move if needed.

While I was dreaming about going out to steal an electric meter after the company took mine, I dreamed I found some old burned-out apartments where I found a meter. Yesterday I decided to go see if they were really there, and sure enough they were, so I went for it.

http://jack.users.anapnea.net/files/burnapt.zip
153MB
NSFW image included

I haven't resized, rotated, or sorted any of these yet; will get around to it when I post it on my site.

The complex seems to have been like this since at least 2005, as the newspaper pictured is the oldest dated thing I could find. The key fobs I found seem much newer, though possibly simply untouched.

I didn't get to go everywhere because sometimes the floor seemed too unstable to continue -- I'll leave the real daredevilry to people with less to live for.

It took me like 15 minutes to unscrew that stupid door on the shed so I hope you aren't terribly disappointed with the utter lack of anything interesting in it.

The big boarded-up door is the front entrance to a separate apartment building. I couldn't unscrew that because it uses square-head screws, but I found an unlocked window. I couldn't go upstairs in this building - even the first floor was unstable, and it was all waterlogged from the previous day's rain. I probably could have chosen a better time.

Is that glass pipe I found a crack pipe with steel wool in it?

Comments

• edited July 2010
    Now downloading (nice download speeds :D). Can I suggest in the future that you post a couple of pictures in the thread so we can decide if we want to download a big-ass file or not?

I'm amazed that you dreamed something and it was actually there, thats awesome.

Also, LOL at that dildo.
  • JackJack Regular
    edited July 2010
    Yes, good suggestion, thanks. :D I'll update with some choice pics once I get everything resized.
  • edited July 2010
    Just finished looking through all the pictures - amazing! They're all great, you took some brilliant shots and the whole place looks pretty scary too. I did an Urbex of a similar place, it was a burned down abandoned house. I took pictures and lost them all unfortunately :( I'd go back, but its been there ages and people have started building work on it.

Overall, brilliant stuff :D
  • PacoPaco me administrator
    edited August 2010
    Downloading now :p
  • edited August 2010
    ^ You won't be disappointed :P It was a pretty sweet UE.
  • PacoPaco me administrator
    edited August 2010
    That place looked sketchy as fuck. I lolled at the dildo.

Also, Chunky is a toy.
  • woodwood Regular
    edited August 2010
    Anyone feel like uploading a few of the best shots?
  • The GeneralThe General Regular
    edited August 2010
    interesting but my goodness next time just upload them to a photobucket album or something haha but it seemed like a cool place to explore nuntheless
  • Joe Arpaio=WinJoe Arpaio=Win Semo-Regulars
    edited August 2010
    If you can another great place to explore is roofs of some big places.

This a picture of my schools roof when me and my friends explored it after AIMS.

28lb24w.jpg